The NEW Sansa Clip+
Oct 14, 2009 at 11:38 PM Post #91 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericinmd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks
biggrin.gif

I know it wasn't big news or anything, but I was excited about it LOL
biggrin.gif

It's impressive for $49.99 I dare say nothing can touch it for the money.

Definitely. And enjoy!

Fifty bucks for a 20GB DAP (at least in my case) smaller than a Zippo lighter? You really can't beat it!

Oct 15, 2009 at 5:14 PM Post #94 of 154
The Clip+ is a bit warmer than the older Clip, and with the right phones, sounds excellent. Why would the iPhone and the Clip+ even be compared though? Would someone choose one over the other? Not sure what your point is. I never heard the iPhone 3GS, mainly because it costs $70 a month AFTER you pay for it, and I already have a mobile phone contract. The Clip+ is $69 for 8GB of storage. Period.

Oct 16, 2009 at 5:35 AM Post #96 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Clip+ is a bit warmer than the older Clip, and with the right phones, sounds excellent. Why would the iPhone and the Clip+ even be compared though? Would someone choose one over the other? Not sure what your point is. I never heard the iPhone 3GS, mainly because it costs $70 a month AFTER you pay for it, and I already have a mobile phone contract. The Clip+ is $69 for 8GB of storage. Period.

That's true. My point is that eventhough these are completely different product, it's interesting to get a wider undrstanding about the sq, at least for me. I'm guessing some wouldbe buyers of the clip has a phone and are considring the clip as a standalone player to carry alongside their phone. Perhaps they also consider getting a combined phone/dap if there is one with good enough sq. But thats just my way of looking at this.

Oct 16, 2009 at 4:26 PM Post #99 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by F1y3r /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's a 30% off on all Sandisk products at a local B&M store. I'm pretty sure they don't stock Clip+ yet. Is it worth getting Clip if I don't really need microSD?

Even if you don't expect to be expanding the memory, I still say the Clip+ is a better choice than the original Clip. The Clip+ has several additional features out of the box, with the possibility for more improvements via future firmware updates, whereas firmware support for the Clip seems to have stopped.

Oct 16, 2009 at 7:49 PM Post #100 of 154
Hi guys
Was just lurking around and thought this thread would be appropriate for my questions.
Have been reading alot about the Sansa Clip, I'm only intrested in sound quality so my questions are:
How does this compare to larger players?, such as the Creative X-Fi's?
How does it compare to PC soundcards?, again such as the Creative X-Fi's?
Which player would you recommend to me? I'm only after a good sounding player, with FLAC support and a decent ammount of power to run my Senn HD555's.
Or should I spend money to upgrade my PC's soundcard instead? Currently running on a SB Audigy card.
I mostly play rock music, such as Aerosmith, ZZ Top, Dire Straits and Tool

Thanks alot in advance
smily_headphones1.gif

/Anton

Oct 19, 2009 at 4:37 AM Post #101 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyerfan70 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The phones that came with my original clip were certainly not junk.
They sounded like senn hd650's!
Shame the clip was so sibilant.

Oh my, oh my, just think before you talk, please! (...) Anyway, I bought the clip+ this afternoon for my girl (yes, it is red and that's what mattered the most). It isn't a bad player, but FLAC? Give me a break, would you! My SONY S639 kicks the little butt of this player around and 'round. (Tested with the clip's earbud, the sony's earplug EX85 and the SENN HD 485). The sound isn't that bad but the sony is MUCH better even unEQed. The EQ is useless on the clip+, period. With the Senn 485 it puts on a good show though... until you try that with the Sony. The OE earbuds are better than the ipod's, but inferior to the $60 EX85 which is bundled with the SONY S639. While it is great that you can put in a 16GB card, for the price of the player+decent phones+SD card you can get an S639... and you have a much better player... bigger though... and not red
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 15, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #105 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by Syahmi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how do i improve my listening experience with clip+? i'm fairly new to audiophile world and the only thing i know as yet is to get a good headphone.

Read the reviews in this forum, you'll be able to get a good pair of headphones to suit your pricerange.
Just don't buy skullcandy..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back