The NEW Sansa Clip+
Sep 11, 2009 at 1:00 AM Post #61 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's only one reason that scrolling through long lists on the clip is slow: Because they didn't bother to add the 'go faster' switch.

How fast do you want it to scroll? (talking about the original clip here) I push and hold the down arrow and the list scrolls faster than I can really read, I can just tell what beginning letter of the alphabet it's in. If it was any faster, I don't think I'd be able to read anything on the screen.

Sep 11, 2009 at 1:58 PM Post #62 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyerfan70 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The phones that came with my original clip were certainly not junk.
They sounded like senn hd650's!
Shame the clip was so sibilant.

what? the stock phone of clip can be sounded like HD650??????, to who's ears ?

Sep 12, 2009 at 4:53 PM Post #64 of 154
I like it, wanna have it , but not yet in the netherlands
angry_face.gif

Sep 12, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #65 of 154
got my 4gb clip+ from BestBuy yesterday. sound better than my Nokia 5800xm. I didn't have a real MP3 player for almost 3 years. bought in also as recording devise for classes. compared to 5800. the high and low is fuller and prominant. mid is clearer and not as dark as 5800. happy with the purchase so far.

Sep 13, 2009 at 4:22 PM Post #66 of 154
Same here. I spent a few hours yesterday loading up the 8GB model with tracks, and also loaded a 16GB micro card, so now that little Clip has 21GB of music (16GB card not full yet), it's just amazing. And paired with my UM3X (no EQ), sound is fantastic. With my Fuze an all-Flac player (8Gb onboard and two 8GB cards with Flac files), and Amp3 (waiting for firmware upgrade to remove hiss), nice collection of players for all occasions. The Zune80 is mainly a home audio "jukebox" now (via the Zune AV doc on my two home stereo sytems).

The Clip+ is really fantastic.

Sep 14, 2009 at 1:44 AM Post #67 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Clip+ is really fantastic.

Yep! This is the definition of mobile!

Sep 14, 2009 at 6:39 AM Post #69 of 154
Coming from you Tom, this is definitely a must hear. Did you do any comparison with the Amp3? Which sounded better to you, Clip+/UM3X or Amp3+PAA-1 or Amp3+SR80? Looking forward to your impressions. Thanks.

Sep 14, 2009 at 12:56 PM Post #70 of 154
Well, the Amp3 is the best sounding DAP I own, all things considered. As noted, the hiss with the UM3X is still there, but soon to be gone (I hope) via firmware. Amp3/Grados is fantastic. Also, the Fuze/LOD/Amp3 combo with Grados is also excellent (though too much hardware for portable listening for me).

Oh, I sold my PAA-1 buds, because my ears just can't tolerate buds for more than 30 minutes. They cause pain. Just a fit issue. Same thing happened with the Yuins, which I sold as well.

The Clip SQ is the Clip SQ, very good to my ears, but not better than the Amp3. However, with decent rips and the micro card, having 23+ GB of music on that little thing just amazes me, so I am using it as my daily dog walk DAP permanently (permanentl for now, LOL). I use the Amp3 at home, with the Grados. When the hiss issue disappears, who knows?

Seems maybe the Fuze is gonna be on the FS forum, not sure, since the Clip+ can also play flac files (as will the Amp3 after firmware update).

A good HF friend says the Clip SQ isn't as good as the Fuze, but I think they have the same basic innards on that front, so not sure why he feels that way. I can't really tell the difference using the same rips/tracks.

Sep 23, 2009 at 7:40 PM Post #71 of 154
Yessss! I finally ordered and received the Clip+ 8GB.

Wow this thing is amazingly tiny!!! Even if I had seen pictures in reviews, seeing it in your palm is a different thing
smily_headphones1.gif

It's charging right now, I can't wait to put music on it
biggrin.gif

Sep 24, 2009 at 2:26 AM Post #73 of 154
i may possibly get one of these in the future. the reason why a while back i got the fuze was because of the expandable memory/sd card slot. i honestly never watch any videos/movies on DAPS even when i had my zen vision M (great player btw). so therefore, the large screen to me is useless. AND...i like the portability. im thinking about if i eventually get the fuze, i should just ditch my current fiio e5 and have a super tiny portable rig =)

Sep 24, 2009 at 4:45 AM Post #74 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ced-le-pingouin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yessss! I finally ordered and received the Clip+ 8GB.

Wow this thing is amazingly tiny!!! Even if I had seen pictures in reviews, seeing it in your palm is a different thing
smily_headphones1.gif

It's charging right now, I can't wait to put music on it
biggrin.gif

Where did you ordered from?

Sep 24, 2009 at 8:04 AM Post #75 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by icsterm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where did you ordered from?

Hi,

I ordered it from Amazon. Despite what is said on the main page of the product, some Marketplace sellers ship to Europe. I got it from BlueProton, and it arrived in Belgium after 3 days, which is great. And no custom taxes (I wasn't sure about that, since our country looooooooooves taxes).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back