The New Kinera H3 Triple Hybrid IEM
Jul 29, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #138 of 344
Anyway, I know several people who say the P1 has got an elevation around 8-9 kHz that can be a bit sibilant and too bright. I gotta state that I do not perceive it as that - most likely because I am inserting the P1 deeper into my ears than most people (and deeper than how it was measured in my Vibro Veritas coupler), and therefore I perceive the Mee's treble not as offensive and not overdone (not only with music but also with white noise and sine sweeps).

Whoa. I never considered this. I use the Spinfits for the P1s, which results in a very deep insertion (almost Etymotic deep) and I never thought they were even slightly sibilant. Bet that's the reason.

Jul 29, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #139 of 344
Whoa. I never considered this. I use the Spinfits for the P1s, which results in a very deep insertion (almost Etymotic deep) and I never thought they were even slightly sibilant. Bet that's the reason.

That might be one reason indeed - I've experienced that SpinFit tips reduce tge upper highs (8-10 kHz-ish) and elevate the lower treble (2-3 kHz-ish) for me in combination with some in-ears.

Jul 30, 2017 at 1:09 AM Post #140 of 344
That might be one reason indeed - I've experienced that SpinFit tips reduce tge upper highs (8-10 kHz-ish) and elevate the lower treble (2-3 kHz-ish) for me in combination with some in-ears.
oh the joys of tip rolling. I'm really new to iems, only a few months, but I have definitely noticed that the bore diameter, depth of insertion, and seal quality will all play an audible role in the FR at the eardrum. For me, it becomes a mission of "the least offensive" tips I can find that still provide detail in the treble without sibilance.

Because of your post, I'm going to try the spinfits for sure!

Jul 30, 2017 at 8:21 AM Post #141 of 344
Just posted up my review on Theheadphonelist and Head-fi. This is a terrific iem as many have said, it still doesn't outclass more expensive in-ears like the 1More Quad Driver, Pinnacle P1 and New Primacy, but the H3 is appreciably more refined than the TFZ King, Magaosi K3 HD and Simgot EN700 Bass. I am especially impressed with their bass and their midrange is fabulous too. They actually fit really well despite their unorthodox design and their cable is one of the best I've handled. Hope you guys enjoy the review and let me know if you want any other comparisons.
dsc04009-6.jpg

dsc04003-3.jpg

Jul 30, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #142 of 344
Just posted up my review on Theheadphonelist and Head-fi. This is a terrific iem as many have said, it still doesn't outclass more expensive in-ears like the 1More Quad Driver, Pinnacle P1 and New Primacy, but the H3 is appreciably more refined than the TFZ King, Magaosi K3 HD and Simgot EN700 Bass. I am especially impressed with their bass and their midrange is fabulous too. They actually fit really well despite their unorthodox design and their cable is one of the best I've handled. Hope you guys enjoy the review and let me know if you want any other comparisons.
dsc04009-6.jpg

dsc04003-3.jpg
The moment you said Midrange, the more I want to sample it. I know a guy who plans to sell those locally in my country.

Jul 31, 2017 at 1:41 PM Post #144 of 344
Guys, what's the size of ear tip mount? I think to replace it with spinfit ear tips. And also, is it worth to use spinfits instead of stock ear tips?

The nozzle is a pretty standard 5mm but the lack of a lip to hold on tips will make trying alternatives a challenge since most seem to slip right off. I personally see no reason to move away from the stock tips since they are of excellent quality and virtually indecipherable from Sony Hybrids.

Aug 1, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #146 of 344
The nozzle is a pretty standard 5mm but the lack of a lip to hold on tips will make trying alternatives a challenge since most seem to slip right off. I personally see no reason to move away from the stock tips since they are of excellent quality and virtually indecipherable from Sony Hybrids.

I don't understand why this would be the case. I've got a few IEMs with lip-free nozzles (wearing the ZS5 right now) and the rubber of the sheath holds pretty tightly to it.

BTW can anyone offer comparisons to the ZS5/P1/Quad perchance?

Aug 1, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #147 of 344
I don't understand why this would be the case. I've got a few IEMs with lip-free nozzles (wearing the ZS5 right now) and the rubber of the sheath holds pretty tightly to it.

The nozzle is a bit slippery from my experience, that might be why the tips slide. And yes, a lip would solve that problem.

As for the comparison with the P1, we covered that a few posts ago, and @HiFiChris gave am excellent detailed comparison of the two. I believe @ryanjsoo compared the ZS5.

I loved my P1, but for various reasons, it ran too hot in the treble department for me. The H3, while bright, is very acceptable to me. Hope this info helps.

Aug 1, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #148 of 344

I've got a few others as well, but the H3 is a little different. For example, the ZS5's nozzle is consistent in size from "tip to tail". Same with the Audbos K3. This lets tips go on fully and maintain a snug fit. The H3's nozzle doesn't have a defined endpoint like the ZS5 and eventually starts to taper as it continues up the housing. This results in some tips (Ultimate Ears, HiFiMan, Mixcder for example) slowly slipping off. I also find the acrylic plastic gets slick from sweat/skin oil which exacerbates the issue. This probably won't be an issue in cooler weather when I'm not sweating up a storm due to the uncharacteristically hot summer we're having.

20170801_113004.jpg

I think this is a very minor gripe (not even worthy of being called an issue, really) in the grand scheme of things. The include tips are excellent and match the H3's signature very well. After trying other tips I don't really see myself using anything but the stock mediums.

Aug 1, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #149 of 344

+1

I am about to pull the trigger on this to have an in between my ZS5 and IT03.

Aug 1, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #150 of 344
I've just fallen for the design of these things; but as a former user and lover of vsonic gr07be, i wonder where does h3 stands compared to the gr07 lineup. Is it better or worse in terms of overall sound quality? Right now i am very indecisive about whether i should go for h3, or buy another gr07be instead. It would be very nice if someone could compare them considering that i'm gonna use iphone 5s as source

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back