The New Kinera H3 Triple Hybrid IEM
Jul 25, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #106 of 344
I got my h3. It packs decent sound. But comfort is certainly there.

Bass packs good impact. It a bit forword bass. I would like it to be a bit more tight and fast.
When i cranked up the volume dial i found good pleasent mid.
Lastly treble has some spike on 8-10k fq. In some songs drums high hat sounds bit more ssss for my liking. But it can be compensated via eq.
Imaging is good and its quality.
I would like a bit more liner high overall.

Jul 25, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #108 of 344
1112tco.jpg

1547ipw.jpg

2s6uj9s.jpg

Jul 25, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #110 of 344
I'm quite the budget man myself.
Anyone try the Macaw GT100s and the Kinera H3?

I love the Macaw for their clarity, soundstage, especially instrument separation.
Anyone know how the Kinera H3 compares to them on those fronts? Thx.

Jul 26, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #112 of 344
How do these compare to something like the TFZ King or TFZ Series 4 in this price range, also how do they compare to the FLC8s as i have a pair of those which sound great but I can never get them to stay in my ears properly due to their odd angled nozel.

Jul 26, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #113 of 344
@Kinera - Your H3 sure is a looker. Not too shabby on the sound front either :wink:

DSC01563.JPG DSC01565.JPG DSC01566.JPG DSC01568.JPG DSC01569.JPG
I've put a couple hours into them and besides the insanely comfortable fit, I am coming away most impressed with their detail, clarity, and airy, open sound stage. Their presentation is effortless as well. Something like that is hard to describe, so I'll toss an analogy across your plate;

You have an MLB rookie and a seasoned veteran step up to the plate against a tricky pitcher with an impressive reputation. Both the vet and rookie are capable of playing the game to a very high level and with taking this chum down. The rookie always has his coach notes in mind though; watch for this tell and expect a knuckle ball, or this tell for a slider. The vet on the other hand has met this pitcher tens of time and is well versed in his tricks and tells. This is just another routine at bat for him. The H3 is the vet.

The H3's low end is also quite pleasant with a nice balance of sub- and mid-bass. There doesn't seem to be any additional focus placed on one over the other. Mids are really detailed and crisp too. Loving them with female vocals. Haven't tried with male vocals yet as I've been listening almost exclusively to liquid drum & bass mixes :p My only concern so far may lie in the treble regions which feel a touch overemphasized. Not significantly so, but enough to stand out at times when it feels like it shouldn't. I'm sure I'll become accustomed to this is no time, as I've been mostly listening to darker and/ or more neutral earphones lately. Very pleased so far. :ok_hand:

Attachments

• DSCN0195.JPG
    DSCN0195.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Jul 26, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #114 of 344
Quick question for anyone in Australasia who has a pair. I'd like to measure these and review them at some stage. But I'm not going to buy a pair solely for the purpose of reviewing them. If anyone has a pair and doesn't mind swapping for a couple of weeks (I'll get you something you haven't heard - but want to spend time with) - we could arrange a swap with enough time for me to review, and then swap back.

I'm in New Zealand - so there would be freight cost - but just putting it out there in case anyone local is around.

My interest has been piqued by what I've read so far - and I'd very much like to out them up against some of the other IEMs I have, and see how they perform.

TIA

Paul

Jul 26, 2017 at 7:50 PM Post #115 of 344
Quick question for anyone in Australasia who has a pair. I'd like to measure these and review them at some stage. But I'm not going to buy a pair solely for the purpose of reviewing them. If anyone has a pair and doesn't mind swapping for a couple of weeks (I'll get you something you haven't heard - but want to spend time with) - we could arrange a swap with enough time for me to review, and then swap back.

I'm in New Zealand - so there would be freight cost - but just putting it out there in case anyone local is around.

My interest has been piqued by what I've read so far - and I'd very much like to out them up against some of the other IEMs I have, and see how they perform.

TIA

Paul

Same here... we can probably make a small tour or something :smiley:

Jul 26, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #116 of 344

TIA

Paul

Would love to see you get your hands on a pair Brooko! Too bad I'm in Canada :/

Jul 27, 2017 at 12:10 AM Post #118 of 344
Will probably get this one as supplement for my IT03. Originally planning for Shure 215 but thinking that this has better value, any comparison between SE215 and Kinera?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back