The New Kinera H3 Triple Hybrid IEM
Jun 6, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #331 of 344
New graphic from Kinera.

Q5yc4mh.jpg

Jun 19, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #332 of 344
Do anyone here ever try to amp H3? I read the spec and see its rated at 48 ohm and 101db/mw which is quite demanding for an iem. Is H3 benefit that much from amping other than volume gain?

Jun 19, 2018 at 2:43 PM Post #333 of 344
Do anyone here ever try to amp H3? I read the spec and see its rated at 48 ohm and 101db/mw which is quite demanding for an iem. Is H3 benefit that much from amping other than volume gain?

I don't think they benefit quite that much from amping. I tried them with multiple sources and they generally scale a little, but less than other IEMs, wouldn't bother about it

Jun 19, 2018 at 5:06 PM Post #334 of 344
I don't think they benefit quite that much from amping. I tried them with multiple sources and they generally scale a little, but less than other IEMs, wouldn't bother about it

Thanks for the feedback!
Btw, you mentioned multiple sources. Are they including multiple amps too?

Just curious what I could improve upon the H3 if i am going to buy one. Probably, a better cable could also do some tricks to fight against its caveats( i.e treble peaks, reccesed midrange) mentioned pages back

Jun 19, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #335 of 344
Thanks for the feedback!

Just curious what I could improve upon the H3 if i am going to buy one. Probably, a better cable could also do some tricks to fight against its caveats( i.e treble peaks, reccesed midrange) mentioned pages back

EQ and tip selection should fix any concerns.

Jun 19, 2018 at 8:10 PM Post #336 of 344
Thanks for the feedback!

Best is to go with @B9Scrambler 's advice, you can improve quicker with EQ and changing the tips, custom cables have smaller effects, and the effects can be unpredicable to some degree when you play with exotic cables, not sure if at their price, it is worth investing in custom cables. Cheap cables are not going to make things better.

As for AMPs, I tried them with a large number of AMPs and such, it is best not to bother.

The best solution I can suggest is iBasso DX150 with its default AMP6, it is smooth and bassy, makes H3 sound a bit more natural. FiiO X5-3 might also work well with them since it is smooth and such. But using colored sources to fix them is a double edged sword, you will eventually change the IEMs and by then who knows what you'll have, so I'd stick with a neutral source.

Jun 23, 2018 at 11:20 PM Post #337 of 344
Hi Acap13,

H3 is not for everyone & while it does amp well, it all depends on your source & what you using to amp, for most, like @Dobrescu George has said, it works more than fine on its own.
@B9Scrambler also has valid points though personally I rarely if ever EQ, tip selection is paramount for seal, sound & comfort with this particular IEM.

Jun 26, 2018 at 7:07 AM Post #339 of 344
Here's my review about the new model from Kinera, the IDUN: https://www.headfonia.com/review-kinera-idun-compensated/

Hi Virtu Fortuna,

Not bad review, do follow your reviews on headfonia, you certainly make interesting reading.
If I may suggest not so many reviews regarding customs would be greatly appreciated as they tend to be out of most people's budget & personally & subjectively seem all the 'same' after a while.
A lot of good 'chi fi' out there which more people need to know about...

Just my humble opinion...

Hope you have a great day !

Jun 26, 2018 at 7:32 AM Post #340 of 344
Hi Virtu Fortuna,

Not bad review, do follow your reviews on headfonia, you certainly make interesting reading.
If I may suggest not so many reviews regarding customs would be greatly appreciated as they tend to be out of most people's budget & personally & subjectively seem all the 'same' after a while.
A lot of good 'chi fi' out there which more people need to know about...

Just my humble opinion...

Hi

Thank you for sharing your opinions. As you know we review various equipment in the site so CIEMs will always be part of it. But I agree that we did quite a number of Custom IEM reviews this year and we're also aware of that. It's not intentional though.

Also, Chi-Fi market have LOTS of products so it's not probable for us to review a big part of it. We're trying to review the popular ones and be selective. Btw, I have 2 more reviews on the way for Chi Fi products so be on the lookout :)

Jun 26, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #341 of 344
Hi

Thank you for sharing your opinions. As you know we review various equipment in the site so CIEMs will always be part of it. But I agree that we did quite a number of Custom IEM reviews this year and we're also aware of that. It's not intentional though.

Also, Chi-Fi market have LOTS of products so it's not probable for us to review a big part of it. We're trying to review the popular ones and be selective. Btw, I have 2 more reviews on the way for Chi Fi products so be on the lookout :)

Hi Virtu Fortuna,

I appreciate the feedback though while not appearing intentional, it is questionable why there seems to be a lean towards so many CIEM reviews all in one stretch as of late...
To be clear, this is an observation, not a dig...
I agree there are lots of Chi Fi products out there which does make it difficult for this reason to review en masse which isn't what I was suggesting though a greater selection could be investigated & culled for this purpose to see what is suitable.
Given Headfi as a forum exists with such a diverse range of IEMs in particular, there are some IEMs where good or better exposure from the audio reviewing media as a whole, (not just yourselves) would be nice to highlight more frequently.
For due to their price & quality, as both build & sound represented sometimes exceeds or is on par with at least a lot of midrange gear, IEMs just being one such example.

In my initial suggestion/opinion, I did outline, a majority of people on the forums, while not adverse to potentially choosing Customs, may prefer not do so for various reasons aside from obvious budget constraints as not all CIEMs have an accessible universal version.
In this case, the feedback is potentially easier to give on these more afforable IEMs for good reason especially when there is a greater chance for more people to experience them.
It is for this reason I'm sure you're aware why Canjam & other similar events & shows exist, especially for those who ordinarily wouldn't know what to choose otherwise.

In closing, I will say I look forward to what else which may be reviewed in the near future.

Jun 26, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #342 of 344
A reviewer compares to what they know, have, and are familiar with. If that happens to be customs, so be it. If anything, the IDUN coming out positively after comparing it to CIEMs says a lot about the quality on tap. There will be lots of reviews and impressions coming out from others comparing to gear in a more similar price range. Just wait :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back