The New Kinera H3 Triple Hybrid IEM
Mar 9, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #301 of 344
George,
It's the E1001, reviewed by Chris, but his blog isn't available anymore. Or is it just me?

Both V-shaped, but a different kind of v. The 1More is smoother, more balanced and thicker in it's midrange.

The Kinera is brighter, with greater sub over mid bass emphasis. It has a clearer vocal reconstruction but is more laid back within the lower mids. The H3 is crisper up top, some find it fatiguing, I personally feel like it's emphasis here is well balanced by it's emphasized bass. The H3 extends better up top, it's airier and has more sparkle.

It may sound like the H3 is better from that comparison, but the darker, smoother 1More is the better bet for long term listening while the more Vibrant H3 suits those looking for greater detail presence and engagement.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #302 of 344
Both V-shaped, but a different kind of v. The 1More is smoother, more balanced and thicker in it's midrange.

The Kinera is brighter, with greater sub over mid bass emphasis. It has a clearer vocal reconstruction but is more laid back within the lower mids. The H3 is crisper up top, some find it fatiguing, I personally feel like it's emphasis here is well balanced by it's emphasized bass. The H3 extends better up top, it's airier and has more sparkle.

It may sound like the H3 is better from that comparison, but the darker, smoother 1More is the better bet for long term listening while the more Vibrant H3 suits those looking for greater detail presence and engagement.

Excellently put :)

---

I cannot access @HiFiChris Blog anymore either...

Mar 10, 2018 at 12:57 AM Post #303 of 344

Thank u for the excellent review! :)

Mar 21, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #305 of 344
@Dobrescu George & @airil

My full reviews are in the Head-Fi Head-Gear section.

Glad to hear that they are still here :)

Also, I took a few photos of H3 while doing my review on Opus #1s!

Audiophile_Heaven_TheBit_Opus_%25231s_1s_review_145.jpg

Audiophile_Heaven_TheBit_Opus_%25231s_1s_review_146.jpg

Mar 21, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #306 of 344
Could someone tell me what Comply model would be right for my Kinera?

Mar 22, 2018 at 9:09 AM Post #308 of 344
The 500 or 400 ones I think. As far as I can tell, they seem to work with my spinfit tips, the ones that came with DK-3001, and I think that those were either 500 or 400. I am not absolutely sure, have to check the boxes.

Thanks!!
Would the 400 or 500 work?

Mar 28, 2018 at 7:52 PM Post #309 of 344
BTW, I think that for comply you'd want to experiment, I only have the 500 variant and it works, but I am not sure if it might be a tad loose and might slip

I added a few photos of Kinera H3 and Cayin N5ii during my review on Cayin N5ii on Audiophile Heaven :)

Audiophile_Heaven_Cayin_N5ii_Review_Photo_57.jpg

Audiophile_Heaven_Cayin_N5ii_Review_Photo_59.jpg

Audiophile_Heaven_Cayin_N5ii_Review_Photo_60.jpg

May 1, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #310 of 344
I have some h3's and although I haven't listened to them a ton I liked what I heard right off the bat. I was really bummed after reading the complaints on here and over at reddit. I'm about to try them again to see if I can hear the things people are complaining about. I'm coming from a v shaped family of headphones mostly. I have the dt770, the thx00, the B&O h6 gen 2, and the shp9500. I will report back.

May 1, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #311 of 344
I have some h3's and although I haven't listened to them a ton I liked what I heard right off the bat. I was really bummed after reading the complaints on here and over at reddit. I'm about to try them again to see if I can hear the things people are complaining about. I'm coming from a v shaped family of headphones mostly. I have the dt770, the thx00, the B&O h6 gen 2, and the shp9500. I will report back.

No worries!

They are darn bright, but that is most probably part of the fun

May 1, 2018 at 6:15 PM Post #312 of 344
Got my H3's in my ears right now and am very happy listening to music, Using large silicone tips with narrow bore, controls the treble

Users who are viewing this thread

Back