The New Kinera H3 Triple Hybrid IEM
Aug 1, 2017 at 10:12 PM Post #151 of 344
If you have grip problem with your rubber eartips, all u have to do is, using a cotton buds wipe the inside of it, and using a tissue paper wipe the earphone nozzles and put the rubber tips and gently press it.

Aug 2, 2017 at 12:17 AM Post #152 of 344
The stock tips came off once, but I had just taken them for a run. In normal use, as long as the nozzle is clean before putting the tip on, they stay on just fine. Grippier tips such as the stock tips/Sony hybrids and Cp100 Spinfits stay put perfectly, but larger tips and ones with stiffer soundtubes do tend to fall off. I also had a good experience with T200 Comply foam tips but you really have to push them on.

Aug 3, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #153 of 344
I have read through all the posts for both this and the Sony XBA A3s, and haven come up with the answer...just wondering how something like the Kineras would compare to something like the Sony A3s?

Are they totally in a different league or are the China made iems catching up tothe tried and true brands?

Thanks and sorry if this has been asked before!

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2017 at 12:21 AM Post #154 of 344
Hi again guys!!! Its Steve here from kinera, so mods just told me I had to change my name from kinera to Steve13. So yeah ...
Anyway, we are doing a 5 pairs of H3 giveaway on Facebook, so if anyone is interested, please check it out on our Facebook, and as always , free feel to find me if you have any problems with the H3 :)

Aug 9, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #155 of 344
My review of the H3 is up!

DSC01564.JPG DSC01565.JPG DSC01566.JPG

Aug 10, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #157 of 344
Just received my Kinera H3 today. Under a first impression I find them rather bright and a bit bass anaemic. I hope that after break in they improve a bit. I must say that the fit and comfort is one of the best I have seen in a earphone. Very comfortable, and a tiny bit smaller than I expected, a good thing, they looked bigger in the photos.

But the sound is just not my cup of tea so far.

I am not a basshead, but if there is bass in the recording, I would like to hear it without pumping up the volume until my ears hurt.

I will try and burn them in and compare them to my other IEM's like the TFZ series 5S (and another 2 TFZ cheaper models), Sennheiser Momentums (in ear), Audio Technica IM50, Mee Electronics M6 Pro, Bose Triport, Kef M200. Some are not in the same price range (most are), but I will try and get an idea of how they stack up to other IEMs.

Have listened to them from a Cayin N3 and from the computer via a Sanskrit 6th gen USB DAC feeded to a Little Dot I+.

Sep 6, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #158 of 344
Got my H3's a few weeks back. I like them more than my Fidelio S2's, and after getting some Spinfit tips I like the sound even more, as it makes the bass a little punchier without negatively affecting anything else. The Spinfits stay on the H3's with no issue, and I find they also make it easier to take the H3's out of my ears than with the stock tips.

I did have to heat up and reposition the right side ear loop though, as it was angled the same way as the left side, which made it stick out away from my head and felt annoying against my ear.

Listening to them through my Fiio X3 II, eagerly awaiting my Hidizs AP200 to see how they sound through that.

Sep 7, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #159 of 344
After hoping to be one of the first to get these, there was a mix up with mine shipping and they shipped my pair to another UK reviewer. After a long wait mine are here :D

21457887_1435240026524087_2175556121651585921_o.jpg

Sep 7, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #161 of 344
Glad to see you're on board! How are you liking them?

They are currently blasting out some Fort Hope to burn them in, so not had a real listen. The brief listen from testing them whilst burning in sounded very promising. My kind of high frequency performance, nice and detailed, crisp and present. The lows sound well extended and they look fantastic, the finish is really good. The cable is so supple it's awesome, really looking forward to spending some time with them.

Also got the Earnine EN120 in the other day, not had a huge listen, there is a slight peak around 7kHz but their technical performance is excellent, very neutral and almost reference tuning.

Sep 10, 2017 at 8:21 PM Post #162 of 344
Hi guys ! Steve from Kinera here , It's been a while I haven't been here , I hope you guys doing well :) it's been busy since the H3 released basically working on the follow up and product development. So just to let you Guys know there are 2 events on going which is the Slogan contest and the survey of opening a fan group chat ( both on Facebook). So please take a look at it on and I will be exposing the next cool stuff very soon ! So stay tuned !
Also we are looking for local distributor as well, so if any distributor is interested please contact e via Facebook messenger. Thanks :)

Sep 12, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #163 of 344
Oh boy, my Kinera H3 really love to kiss Wolfson W8740 DAC soundsignature, it really is a good pairing, very energic and MID centric, with bass bump too and smooth treble response.
Must admit it make me love even more the H3, wich in the begining do not WOW me with vocal (first source was Ibasso DX90, not mid centric, and have a bass bump about in the same mid low than H3).

As always, sinergy between sound color is a must, H3 is really an accomplish first entry high end offering from Kinera. And they are the ultimate value for construction and look, look like a very expensive serious product, they look fancier than my Westone ES2 I had to be honnest....soundwise, will talk more about it in my review.

P9120134.JPG

Sep 12, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #164 of 344
Oh boy, my Kinera H3 really love to kiss Wolfson W8740 DAC soundsignature, it really is a good pairing, very energic and MID centric, with bass bump too and smooth treble response.
Must admit it make me love even more the H3, wich in the begining do not WOW me with vocal (first source was Ibasso DX90, not mid centric, and have a bass bump about in the same mid low than H3).

As always, sinergy between sound color is a must, H3 is really an accomplish first entry high end offering from Kinera. And they are the ultimate value for construction and look, look like a very expensive serious product, they look fancier than my Westone ES2 I had to be honnest....soundwise, will talk more about it in my review.

Glad to hear that you like our products. From what you said about the appearance of the H3, I can assure you , you will be blown off if I show you the next colour we are working on for the H3 within this month. I'm also working a unique one for the winner of the Slogan contest as well, will let you guys know how it looks probably end of this week :)

Sep 12, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #165 of 344
I have been enjoying them quite a bit too, they work well with the Final audio tips.

I feel like a nice pure copper cable would match well, and I have one incoming from Plussound soon, however spending as much on a cable as the headphones themselves is not advised. Shall see when the cable arrives.

The sound is nice out of the H3 is not a little too bright sometimes (this is coming from a Grado fan, and treble lover). Maybe more burn-in is required :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back