The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses.
Oct 2, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #121 of 1,522
MacMall link actually does charge shipping I tried.
Also they dont state any estimated time.
Looks like I a waiting game now so I will just wait for first actuall store in area to actually stock it as $25 is an incredible price :)

Oct 2, 2012 at 3:25 PM Post #122 of 1,522
Oct 2, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #123 of 1,522
How can these be so cheap, they cost about the same as the Monoprice 8323 DJ headphones lol. Tyll or some1 needs to measure these S400/S500 ASAP.

Oct 2, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #125 of 1,522
Quote:
Just picked these up from where I work. I can't believe after spending $75 on the s500 to get them from Japan I am buying their little brother for $23.99!

http://www.nfm.com/DetailsPage.aspx?ProductID=36579324

http://www.nfm.com/DetailsPage.aspx?ProductID=36579381

Not trying to push any sales. Just wanted to let people know that these are in the wild and what they are going for.

WAIT!!... you bought them and they are on your hands right now??  they sell them where you work?  i can buy one of these online RIGHT NOW???!!?!!?

23.99?????????????????????????   

Gohst!!!     are you 100% sure these things are on par with the S500??????????  for  $23.99????????? 

Oct 2, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #126 of 1,522
Better hurry the blacks all seem to be gone. I am in the process of getting a extra white one. NVM they have both in stock it seems.

I am having a hard time checking out though for some reason. Maybe too much traffic?

Oct 2, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #127 of 1,522
With shipping it's more than the Amazon cost (for the black ones anyway). 

Unless you buy 3 sets, then the shipping is free. Anyone else in the Phoenix area need one or two? :wink:

Oct 2, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #128 of 1,522
Quote:
With shipping it's more than the Amazon cost (for the black ones anyway). 

Unless you buy 3 sets, then the shipping is free. Anyone else in the Phoenix area need one or two? :wink:

Thanks for the heads-up on the free ship option, do you get free shipping on orders over $50??? If so any ideas on filler items. LoL Think I am just gonna get 3 and hook some people up. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 2, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #129 of 1,522
Quote:

Agreed, M50 was an intimate engaging experience and definitely not distant sounding, anything more "forward" and it would be impossible to process any decent soundstage. Actually I like this kind of presentation but optimally with a bit more expansive soundstage than M50 at least, Denon HP700 does excellent job with this with a forward/engaging/intimate presentation but with a reasonable expanded soundstage for a closed headphone. But yea I hate "distant" or laid-back sounding headphones (but I don't like bright headphones either, I don't mind forward midrange but don't like emphasized highs) as I want to be immersed with the music which to me personally is coming from a both a bit boosted bass range for increase of immersion with the "thumps" as well as a forward midrange for that intimate "feels like the singer stands next to you"-presentation.

How would you compare M50 vs S400 in highs? My interpretion of M50 is on the border of becoming bright headphone, it can have some sibilance due to a spike there somewhere around 8~10kHz range but otherwise it's on a fairly neutral level, I personally would optimally want a more even highs range compared to M50, the Q40 have very nice highs for me, like M50 but without the spike so overall Q40 feels very neutral in the highs, just hasn't got the best extension and rolls off at like ~15kHz so it lacks some of that "airiness" of open or highend headphones but to me that's not such an important aspect.

The S500 & M50 are brighter than neutral in my book. The S400 is definitely closer to neutral, thus yielding a more natural, less fatiguing experience with no sibilance, while keeping all of the detail and clarity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back