The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses.
Oct 17, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #466 of 1,522
Anyone feel like donating a pair to be made open back? 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 17, 2012 at 3:03 AM Post #467 of 1,522
Quote:
I have a pair of these NIB for trade here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/632087/ft-nib-jvc-ha-s400-b

if anyone is interested.

Are you interested in superluxes??? LoLoLoLoLO........................dead serious

Just in case you didn't read this thread, the S400s are really not inferior to the S500s. The technology used is similar but the tuning/ sound signature is different enough that it's worth it to own both pairs. Try out the S400s 1st to see if it is your cup of tea or not, cuz it might surprise you.  If you don't like it, my superluxes are always here waiting for you. heeeee

Oct 17, 2012 at 3:07 AM Post #468 of 1,522
Quote:
Anyone feel like donating a pair to be made open back? 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Are you willing to pay for the mod/ open back set of headphones for the transplant? If so, I am willing to pay for a set of S400s for you to play with. Then after you mod it you can send that sweet pair of open S400 babys to me. hohohohoohoho
devil_face.gif

Oct 17, 2012 at 3:20 AM Post #469 of 1,522
Quote:
Are you willing to pay for the mod/ open back set of headphones for the transplant? If so, I am willing to pay for a set of S400s for you to play with. Then after you mod it you can send that sweet pair of open S400 babys to me. hohohohoohoho
devil_face.gif

If I can think of a cheap open can, yes :) Maybe cutting the middle out of these? I think someone did it with the S500's and it didn't turn out so well though :S

Oct 17, 2012 at 3:36 AM Post #470 of 1,522
Quote:

If I can think of a cheap open can, yes :) Maybe cutting the middle out of these? I think someone did it with the S500's and it didn't turn out so well though :S

Well then let the search begin then. ha 30mm drivers hard to find??? I don't wanna see no Frankenstein-Cans Doc be using for his mods. heeeee 

edit: I don't think anyone cut the back of the S500s open, they just merely transplanted it into other more comfy "full-side" 40mm driver headphones. 

Oct 17, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #472 of 1,522
I am starting to have a similar problem as others here with these headphones.
They are:
More smoooth,
More involving,
More detailed,
More alive,
More deeep,
More "real" sounding
More exciting,
More satisfying! What the h*ll!!
Not shure what to do about my existing headphones,
They have their strengths, but will be collecting dust for now as they have to step aside for these!

Oct 17, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #473 of 1,522
Sfwalcer,
well in that case, I might just have to open this box up, and give the S400's a fairer shot.  If they aren't for me I'll be contacting you about those Superluxes......(I wouldn't mind a pair of semi-open phones hanging around)

Oct 17, 2012 at 4:39 PM Post #474 of 1,522
Quote:
Sfwalcer,
well in that case, I might just have to open this box up, and give the S400's a fairer shot.  If they aren't for me I'll be contacting you about those Superluxes......(I wouldn't mind a pair of semi-open phones hanging around)

haha once you open that box and the thing is on your head, I don't think I can ever pry it off. LoL
Alright meng, I got your word on this then and I got witnesses up in herrr. ha
Cools my luxes are still in minty condition, hit my up a PM if you are down.

There you go mosshorn, I sacrificed the blood of my superluxes for this "open-back" S400 experiment of yours. You got blood on your hands now!!!
biggrin.gif

Oct 17, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #475 of 1,522
Quote:
I am starting to have a similar problem as others here with these headphones.
They are:
More smoooth,
More involving,
More detailed,
More alive,
More deeep,
More "real" sounding
More exciting,
More satisfying! What the h*ll!!
Not shure what to do about my existing headphones,
They have their strengths, but will be collecting dust for now as they have to step aside for these!

Amen Maxx amen!
deadhorse.gif

Oct 17, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #476 of 1,522
Quote:
haha once you open that box and the thing is on your head, I don't think I can ever pry it off. LoL
Alright meng, I got your word on this then and I got witnesses up in herrr. ha
Cools my luxes are still in minty condition, hit my up a PM if you are down.

There you go mosshorn, I sacrificed the blood of my superluxes for this "open-back" S400 experiment of yours. You got blood on your hands now!!!
biggrin.gif

Alright, I as a token of our online proverbial handshake, I'll close my Ad on the B/S forum.  You may be hearing from me soon.

Oct 17, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #477 of 1,522
Quote:
Alright, I as a token of our online proverbial handshake, I'll close my Ad on the B/S forum.  You may be hearing from me soon.

LoL, Nice nice.
beerchug.gif
But don't ever doubt the carbon nanotube gods, they are watching over us.  I doubt it, you're gonna be in CNT heaven with your S400s and you ain't ever coming back. :'(

Oct 18, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #479 of 1,522
After 10 days waiting for my S400's, i just recived a mail from PricePros that my package was returned beacuse the headphones where broken,   so this time i am buying them from Gizmosforlife.

2 weeks wait again.............
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back