The New iRiver/Astell & Kern AK100: A High-End DAP
Jan 1, 2013 at 3:21 AM Post #1,306 of 9,165
If anyone who just got their AK100 or RWAK100 has a DX100 to sell...please PM me.

Noted!! After I get to review both side-by-side :wink:.

Jan 1, 2013 at 3:25 AM Post #1,307 of 9,165
Thanks bro!

Jan 1, 2013 at 7:51 AM Post #1,310 of 9,165
Quote:
Keep me in mind as well. Depending on how well these reviews are on the RWA AK100 my DX100 may also be up for sale :wink:.

So you're saying after I've done some comparisons, iBasso may either love or hate me :wink:??

I'm doing some DX100 tests on my speaker system and am finding some interesting results. More onto the DX100 thread later. I'll be doing the same tests when the RWAK100 arrives.

Jan 1, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #1,311 of 9,165
Quote:

So you're saying after I've done some comparisons, iBasso may either love or hate me :wink:??

I'm doing some DX100 tests on my speaker system and am finding some interesting results. More onto the DX100 thread later. I'll be doing the same tests when the RWAK100 arrives.

Would be interesting to hear since someone else finds the AK100 to be a noticeably better sounding transport than even the DX100 :) or when amped (still not up to par with the DX100 when used as single units in comparison though :p).

Jan 1, 2013 at 8:14 AM Post #1,312 of 9,165
Quote:
Would be interesting to hear since someone else finds the AK100 to be a noticeably better sounding transport than even the DX100 :) or when amped (still not up to par with the DX100 when used as single units in comparison though :p).

It'll be quite a different comparison though 'cos with the (RW)AK100 it's still semi bi-amping if you get what I mean. I know Vinnie has said that it's not really but some how I feel it's not exactly like DX100's variable lineout still.

I take most thoughts with a pinch of salt (as you have seen from the 1+2 thread...and mind you I still haven't ruled it out completely yet!!), but I do keep such reviews and impressions as a base to see if BS or (partial or holistic) truth, so I'd like to test the RWAK100 optical out myself. Admittedly though the DX100's optical is quite good, and so's it's coax. I've done comparison between that and the CLAS -dB/original (coax at least) and both sound very clean. Anyhow, that's a different test from what I mentioned above.

Jan 1, 2013 at 8:25 AM Post #1,313 of 9,165
Yep I agree reviews are more so a generalization (or possibility) of what to expect opposed to exactly what to expect. Still it's a good baseline to start from when you are forced to make blind purchases. Just in that case better to have multiple reviews reflecting similar opinions and in that a better chance to not be disappointed in the end. :). Still regarding the positive comments vs the DX100 via amping and as a transport makes me quite happy (even positive/hopeful) as I'd still use the RWA AK100 amped with my T1 if it sounds better. Just I have the option to be even more portable which is a win, win for me :wink:. Just you get the best of both worlds in the end. :)

Jan 1, 2013 at 8:28 AM Post #1,314 of 9,165
Quote:
Yep I agree reviews are more so a generalization (or possibility) of what to expect opposed to exactly what to expect. Still it's a good baseline to start from when you are forced to make blind purchases. Just in that case better to have multiple reviews reflecting similar opinions and in that a better chance to not be disappointed in the end. :). Still regarding the positive comments vs the DX100 via amping and as a transport makes me quite happy as I'd still use the RWA AK100 amped with my T1 if it sounds better. Just I have the option to be even more portable which is a win, win for me :wink:. Just you get the best of both worlds in the end. :)

Lee you should not get the RWAK100. iRiver lied. Remember?

Jan 1, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #1,315 of 9,165
Quote:

Lee you should not get the RWAK100. iRiver lied. Remember?

Yeah they did lie. But I'm not buying it from them. I'd be buying it from Vinnie who isn't a liar :wink:. Plus it makes iRiver look even worse that Vinnie if fixing their mess up. Makes me feel all warm inside (like a slap in the face). :wink:

Jan 1, 2013 at 8:39 AM Post #1,316 of 9,165
Quote:
Yeah they did lie. But I'm not buying it from them. I'd be buying it from Vinnie who isn't a liar :wink:. Plus it makes iRiver look even worse that Vinnie if fixing their mess up. Makes me feel all warm inside (like a slap in the face). :wink:

But you are still indirectly supporting that company who lied to you! That is morally wrong!

Jan 1, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #1,317 of 9,165
Quote:

But you are still indirectly supporting that company who lied to you! That is morally wrong!

Well so are you! :wink:. Isn't it hypocritical to be mentioning that point when you are doing the same yourself? They not only lied to me they lied to everyone lol (false advertising) :p  Anyways, I haven't even committed to it yet and won't until I hear reviews stating it is worth it over the DX100. The things we all deal with for better & more portable sound :p.

Jan 1, 2013 at 8:43 AM Post #1,318 of 9,165
Quote:
Well so are you! :wink:. Isn't it hypocritical to be mentioning that point when you are doing the same yourself? :p I haven't even committed to it yet and won't until I hear reviews stating it is worth it over the DX100 :p.

It is not hypocritical because they only lied to you and not to me! So, you should not buy it!

Just teasing.

PS: Now I need to go catch some frogs (not toads I hope).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back