The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Nov 29, 2023 at 4:18 PM Post #6,751 of 6,859
Does the R3II (or Hiby DAPs in general) force me to scan the music metadata when a micro sd card is inserted, or can I browse by files immediately? Thanks

The R3II does not force you to scan when inserting a microSD card or after powering on. There is an option to enable autoscan in the settings, but it is disabled by default.

Dec 4, 2023 at 8:59 PM Post #6,752 of 6,859
Does the R3II support inline microphone? It would be nice to have microphone support when connected via Bluetooth to make it full fledged Bluetooth receiver.

Dec 8, 2023 at 6:08 PM Post #6,753 of 6,859
Disappointed to find out that the R3 II and the Hiby coax cable does not work with this adapter. Being able to charge and function as a transport at the same time is why I prefer Fiio & iBasso's coax-over-3.5mm approach.

Dec 12, 2023 at 1:42 AM Post #6,756 of 6,859
I asked Hiby previously, and they said there was no plans to make cases.

Dec 12, 2023 at 1:37 PM Post #6,758 of 6,859
Does this model boot pretty fast? No archiving or scanning of music files on boot (some DAPs this takes forever!)
Around 10-12s boot time. I have mine set to update the database manually (“Manual” option in the ‘Music update mode’ setting), so scanning the music library is on demand, whenever I launch it after adding some new tracks. I use a small batch script based upon Windows ‘robocopy’ command to mirror my PC library to the R3-II.

Dec 12, 2023 at 2:51 PM Post #6,760 of 6,859
I don't think they did. The clear one included isn't bad though, just very tight.
Tight + no cut out on the sd card slot = my R3 II is still going naked

Dec 13, 2023 at 12:26 AM Post #6,761 of 6,859
I got this DAP few days ago, so far no issues but..................when I charged it on my laptop USB 3.0 port it took around 3 hours for 48-49 percent charge, and when I charged it with Samsung charger (5V 1.55A) it took around an hour for around 50 percent.

Dec 13, 2023 at 5:15 AM Post #6,762 of 6,859
Hi

obtained an R3 II recently - Worked initially but will now not turn on -When charger plugged in White lights flashes above Volume wheel no sign of life

dont see mention of a Full Manual on Hiby.com

thanks in advance and Happy Christmas to All

Dec 13, 2023 at 7:23 AM Post #6,763 of 6,859
Hi

obtained an R3 II recently - Worked initially but will now not turn on -When charger plugged in White lights flashes above Volume wheel no sign of life

dont see mention of a Full Manual on Hiby.com

thanks in advance and Happy Christmas to All

I had the same issue the other day. Switching from a USB C-C to a USB A-C cable seemed to resolve it and I was able to charge.

The device was completely discharged at that point. After it had an initial charge, I could use any cable type again. Very odd.

Dec 13, 2023 at 7:50 AM Post #6,764 of 6,859
The device was completely discharged at that point.
I wonder if the R3-II is going to experience the same issue as the R2-II: sometime not shutting down completely, and discharging the battery overnight. If it’s like the R2-II, this may happen once or twice and it should be good after that (it happened to me once, and only once, on my R2-II).

@colourvisionkid, did switching to a USB-A cable make the trick?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back