The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jan 27, 2021 at 11:10 PM Post #6,332 of 6,862
Is there a way to adjust the organization subcategories?

When I go to genre, it simply lists all the albums alphabetically in that genre. I would prefer to list genre/artist/album, but I don’t see any way to do that.

Jan 28, 2021 at 12:48 AM Post #6,333 of 6,862
Is there a way to adjust the organization subcategories?

When I go to genre, it simply lists all the albums alphabetically in that genre. I would prefer to list genre/artist/album, but I don’t see any way to do that.
There should be an icon you can click on the upper right of the listing to change it to Genre->Album.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 28, 2021 at 6:44 AM Post #6,335 of 6,862
Right, but Genre>Album is not what I want. I want Genre>Artist. That little icon just goes back and forth between Genre>Album and Genre>Track
I'm afraid that's all we have as of now 😅

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 16, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #6,337 of 6,862
I’m finding I really prefer the SE to the balanced on the R3 Pro Sabre. Anyone find some iems for this DAP that are reasonably priced and sound real good out of the SE?
I bypass completely the se out and i use it in balanced with fiio monocrystalline silver ltz cable mmcx (90 euro) with Tin Audio P1 (120 euro) pure bliss with this combo...
If i connect the P1 trough the se output, the R3 Saber don't have enough juice for tle P1 (Planar)
But if you want use only the se output i can suggest you to try KBear Believe a little Dunu Luna (pure berillium iems)

Feb 17, 2021 at 6:51 PM Post #6,338 of 6,862
hi!
the battery of my lovely Hiby R3 is nearly dead and i cant run it more than half an hour now ;(
I really dondt want any new dap because i use my E1DA 9038s on it and use a dap as a battery with display.

Does anybody know where i can get a fitting new battery on aliexpress or else?
my R3 is dead so i cant really make anything worse :wink:

EDIT:
ahh i found the the size of the battery and most oem 1500-1600 mha ones might fit.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #6,339 of 6,862
Hi all - although I have been looking for some discussions into this forum thread about the best way to load and manage podcasts in HiBy R3 I was not able to find anything.
Is someone using R3 for listening podcasts? How are they loaded and how are they played with music player?
Thanks in advance

Feb 26, 2021 at 1:50 PM Post #6,340 of 6,862
I love listening to podcasts, but I wouldn't give even a chance to the R3 for this. The apps I use on my mobile are just great and I can't imagine how bad it was with the R3.

Mar 7, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #6,341 of 6,862
So I have a problem with my Hiby R3 Pro (latest firmware) that I'm wondering what it is. What I'm experiencing is that the music suddenly stops and I can't get the screen to turn on, so everyting goes dark and the music stops - but the blue light is still on. The only way to get it to work is if I hold the power button for a couple of seconds to make a hard reset and then power it back on.

This does not happen every time or even everyday, sometimes it can even go weeks without this happening. Sometimes when it does this it also starts a loud beeping sound while the screen is dark.

Anyone else experienced something like this?

Mar 17, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #6,343 of 6,862
Hello to everyone. I'm using my R3 as a digital transport for my DAP, but have one issue: with USB connection my DAP is not only receiving the data from R3, but the charge as well, so R3 discharging WAY faster. If I'm using USB to COAX cable it obviously solves the problem, but instead I'm limiting to pcm 24/96 and can't listen my DSD files.
Is there any solution which going to stop R3 get discharged by the connected DAP with USB cable?

Mar 17, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #6,344 of 6,862
Hello to everyone. I'm using my R3 as a digital transport for my DAP, but have one issue: with USB connection my DAP is not only receiving the data from R3, but the charge as well, so R3 discharging WAY faster. If I'm using USB to COAX cable it obviously solves the problem, but instead I'm limiting to pcm 24/96 and can't listen my DSD files.
Is there any solution which going to stop R3 get discharged by the connected DAP with USB cable?

Try system settings, usb current limited = on. This may be the opposite of what you need, but try and see if it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back