The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jul 8, 2020 at 4:26 AM Post #6,271 of 6,859
Why wifi connectiodon nt let you transfer whole folders ? And only files? If you have 10 albums you want to transfer you hsave to create new folders each time. Its stupid

Jul 22, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #6,272 of 6,859
I'm on 3.4 and when selecting a track to play on a Bluetooth player shows playing but no sound. Press the play again and the sound starts. Not from the start but from where the trackis at that time.
Is this a bug sorted on v3.5

Aug 2, 2020 at 6:41 AM Post #6,274 of 6,859
Finally decided to migrate myself from Spotify over to Tidal and make use of my R3 (non pro). In doing so I was curious whether I could hook up the USB-C connection to my B&W PX and just tried to use the cable that's used for charging my Macbook Pro. Plugged it in, and the Hiby R3 detected it and I could hear audible feedback in the PX, but no music would come out when I was streaming. I could even use my PX to adjust the volume and the screen UI would reflect it, but no sound. Any idea why this might be?

Aug 7, 2020 at 12:41 PM Post #6,275 of 6,859
Has anybody tried to update the FW to v.3.6?
I tried both ways (thru sd card and OTA update) and ended up with an error. By OTA it first updated 3.3.4 to 3.4 successfully. Then downloaded the latest version but failed to install it. What are the ideas to try?

Aug 7, 2020 at 12:46 PM Post #6,276 of 6,859
Finally decided to migrate myself from Spotify over to Tidal and make use of my R3 (non pro).
Do you mean you are able to login to Tidal? I can't whatever I do.

Aug 8, 2020 at 3:17 AM Post #6,277 of 6,859
Do you mean you are able to login to Tidal? I can't whatever I do.

You know, I've heard of a number of people having issues with either logging in Tidal after the update of firmware or not being able to update the firmware at all. Thankfully, I've not had such issues, but my initial question had more to do with finding a USB-C cable that I could connect my R3 to my B&W PX phones. I learned that I needed an OTG version of it and apparently that would be incredibly difficult to find or it wouldn't be worth the money really had I found one (in a sense that it wouldn't have significant benefits)

Aug 8, 2020 at 8:13 AM Post #6,278 of 6,859
You know, I've heard of a number of people having issues with either logging in Tidal
You are the the only person to be able to login to Tidal that I know of. There's a large size thread at a Russian audiophile forum. Nobody can login to Tidal there at all.

Aug 8, 2020 at 9:28 AM Post #6,279 of 6,859
You are the the only person to be able to login to Tidal that I know of. There's a large size thread at a Russian audiophile forum. Nobody can login to Tidal there at all.

Tidal is working fine for me with latest update. Logged out and back in with no problems. Wonder what's going on?

To be clear, this is on R3 Pro.

Aug 8, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #6,280 of 6,859
Tidal is working fine for me with latest update. Logged out and back in with no problems. Wonder what's going on?

To be clear, this is on R3 Pro.
Yes, Tidal is live with the LATEST update. I was writing about anything before it.
The problem is that I can't update my R3 (non pro version) to v.3.6 for bar devices. I tried it with SD card and on the "fly" (OTA). It reads an error both ways. I assume the bar file is damaged.
P.S. I guess you know what bar and slash versions are.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #6,281 of 6,859
Yes, Tidal is live with the LATEST update. I was writing about anything before it.
The problem is that I can't update my R3 (non pro version) to v.3.6 for bar devices. I tried it with SD card and on the "fly" (OTA). It reads an error both ways. I assume the bar file is damaged.

Oh OK, I misunderstood. Just trying to be helpful. Sometimes, the format type on the SD card matters, especially when doing recovery operations. Have you tried both fat32 and exfat formats for the SD card?

Aug 8, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #6,282 of 6,859
del

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2020 at 1:02 AM Post #6,283 of 6,859
Have you tried both fat32 and exfat formats for the SD card?
Yes, I've tried FAT32 and exFAT formats. I even found a 4 GB Micro SD card. I did a factory reset. Still reading an error. I am desperate. What else shall I try?

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2020 at 5:19 AM Post #6,284 of 6,859
Yes, I've tried FAT32 and exFAT formats. I even found a 4 GB Micro SD card. I did a factory reset. Still reading an error. I am desperate. What else shall I try?
[/QUOT

What error are you getting?

Aug 9, 2020 at 5:28 AM Post #6,285 of 6,859

you know what? I may suspect my success has to do with the fact that I ordered my Hiby from Taobao (direct from China). Perhaps that's version has some differences that the new firmware isn't liking with the international versions? I've had no issues with upgrading the firmware and Tidal has worked for me also. That's the only difference I can really think of honestly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back