The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Sep 15, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #5,822 of 6,859
I have 2.5mm headphones and I've never worried about breaking them in the r3 jack either. I do think you have a bad sample.
Actually my 3.5 mm jack got loose connection issue. So, I use the 2.5 to 3.5 mm cable to connect isine 20. When I contacted Hiby, they wanted me to Send the R3 to China on my expense to fix it. Not going to buy any Hiby product after this.

Got an issue with ES100 and they have given a Amazon discount code to buy a new one. This is called caring customers.

Sep 15, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #5,823 of 6,859
Actually my 3.5 mm jack got loose connection issue. So, I use the 2.5 to 3.5 mm cable to connect isine 20. When I contacted Hiby, they wanted me to Send the R3 to China on my expense to fix it. Not going to buy any Hiby product after this.
Got an issue with ES100 and they have given a Amazon discount code to buy a new one. This is called caring customers.

I can understand you and that´s one of the reasons why I don´t want to send the R3 to Hiby. The other one is the waiting time without the player while it is being inspectioned and repaired. As usual, customers have to deal with all the inconveniences of poor quality and faulty products.

I was thinking about getting the new Hiby R5 but maybe I should better look at other brands players.

Sep 15, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #5,824 of 6,859
I can understand you and that´s one of the reasons why I don´t want to send the R3 to Hiby. The other one is the waiting time without the player while it is being inspectioned and repaired. As usual, customers have to deal with all the inconveniences of poor quality and faulty products.

I was thinking about getting the new Hiby R5 but maybe I should better look at other brands players.

I hope they will fix quality control issues and start a service center in the US if they want to sell more stuff.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #5,825 of 6,859
I´ve recorded a video to show that the 2.5mm output is so tight that it is really difficult to insert the jack in the R3, and it is impossible to get the jack out of the player with two fingers, while the 3.5mm output works perfectly. I´ve also used my AK380 to show that the 2.5mm jack of my balanced cable can easily be placed in the 2.5mm output.

Sep 15, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #5,826 of 6,859
Got a quick question and hoping someone can help.

I usually run my R3 with the line out (using line-in on my car stereo or the line-in on a home docking station).

While going into the "play settings" to change gapless playback, I accidentally tapped the "output selection" and wow! I was able to get louder volume than previously. The unit defaulted to the "headphone" icon and not sure what the other icon is... but it sure sounds louder when it's not on the headphone icon.

Apparently, my "output selection" had been set to headphones. I've read somewhere (but can't find it) that improper settings can damage the unit.

Because the setting was defaulted to headphone, that's where I have it now (to be safe).

My question is... is it safe to use the line-out option and have the "output selection" to the icon that isn't for headphones?

I'm going to feel rather silly if that other icon represents line-out. I have no idea what that icon is.

Sep 15, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #5,829 of 6,859

Wait a minute - are you saying you're connecting an unbalanced headphone to the balanced jack with an adapter?

Sep 15, 2019 at 10:36 PM Post #5,831 of 6,859
Kinda yeah. . Audeze sell balanced cable for iSines. But I am just using the 3.5 mm to 2.5 mm cable to connect iSines 20 with Hiby R3 2.5.
You really don't want to do that. I'm surprised the R3 is still working. You can go from balanced (2.5) to unbalanced (3.5) with an adapter, but you should never go the other way. You could fry the jack, or the unit.

Sep 17, 2019 at 2:59 AM Post #5,833 of 6,859
Hey,
I am confused now, so I need your help.. I want to Use the R3 as USB DAC for my Phone to stream tidal from the phone to the R3. I managed to have this working once but.. I do not get it to work currently.

So thats my setup:

Samsung Galaxy Note 9 with Tidal -> FiiO OTG USB-C to Micro USB Cable -> Micro USB to USB-C Adapter -> R3 in USB Mode "Audio"

The R3 shows a DAC Symbol and plays music via Hiby Music App that is installed on the Phone.
But the R3 does not play Music when I play it from Tidal on my phone. The Bitrate below the DAC symbol on the R3 does not show any output either.

Does anyone find a mistake in that Process? Did I do sth wrong?
Maybe there is someone using the R3 as DAC with a Samsung phone also and can give me a hit?

Sep 17, 2019 at 6:27 AM Post #5,834 of 6,859
Hey,
I am confused now, so I need your help.. I want to Use the R3 as USB DAC for my Phone to stream tidal from the phone to the R3. I managed to have this working once but.. I do not get it to work currently.

So thats my setup:

Samsung Galaxy Note 9 with Tidal -> FiiO OTG USB-C to Micro USB Cable -> Micro USB to USB-C Adapter -> R3 in USB Mode "Audio"

The R3 shows a DAC Symbol and plays music via Hiby Music App that is installed on the Phone.
But the R3 does not play Music when I play it from Tidal on my phone. The Bitrate below the DAC symbol on the R3 does not show any output either.

Does anyone find a mistake in that Process? Did I do sth wrong?
Maybe there is someone using the R3 as DAC with a Samsung phone also and can give me a hit?

Yes.
Our HiBy app may take exclusive control of the USB port of your phone to output bit-perfect audio. This renders the phone unable to output audio via any other app. To disable this, go to HiBy Music app settings and turn off the "Exclusive HQ USB audio access" option in the lower half of the first page.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 17, 2019 at 6:42 AM Post #5,835 of 6,859
Yes.
Our HiBy app may take exclusive control of the USB port of your phone to output bit-perfect audio. This renders the phone unable to output audio via any other app. To disable this, go to HiBy Music app settings and turn off the "Exclusive HQ USB audio access" option in the lower half of the first page.
Good hint! I try that and will report. Thanks Joe for your quick response!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back