The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Sep 17, 2019 at 7:04 AM Post #5,836 of 6,859
Yes.
Our HiBy app may take exclusive control of the USB port of your phone to output bit-perfect audio. This renders the phone unable to output audio via any other app. To disable this, go to HiBy Music app settings and turn off the "Exclusive HQ USB audio access" option in the lower half of the first page.
That was the reason. Great help thanks!

Sep 17, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #5,837 of 6,859
Could someone tell me how to go about connecting my phone, an LG G8 ThinQ, and my R3 via DLNA. I have no problem with wifi but I don't understand the DLNA connection.
My phone recognizes the R3 and content serving is on but music plays from my Hiby app on the phone or the R3 no cross connection.

Sep 18, 2019 at 1:14 AM Post #5,838 of 6,859
can someone point me to a good tutorial on using the R3 as a usb dac with an Iphone i have the X Max. not only what to use for the physical connections but the menu selections as this thing has 0 documentation and the menus are a bit obtuse.

Sep 18, 2019 at 4:46 AM Post #5,841 of 6,859
So I’m assuming it will pass whatever is being fed into it. I will need a lightening to usb adaptor I guess and will it output to the headphone via the balanced or non balanced jacks ?
That's how it should work, exactly. I had to try a bit with different cables.. But I suppose that was because I use an android and need otg there. You should not have that issue with iphone

Sep 18, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #5,842 of 6,859
FD127A1C-92E9-424F-BB7B-F544D69D284A.jpeg 33E033CB-FEAC-4342-9DF8-E1DE65B1824B.jpeg FEB5B446-BAC6-4B73-8F91-E70511FBBB14.jpeg I tried this setup but no matter the track it displays 24 bit/192

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2019 at 10:40 PM Post #5,843 of 6,859
Could someone tell me how to go about connecting my phone, an LG G8 ThinQ, and my R3 via DLNA. I have no problem with wifi but I don't understand the DLNA connection.
My phone recognizes the R3 and content serving is on but music plays from my Hiby app on the phone or the R3 no cross connection.

As far as I know there is no Android device with systemwide DLNA casting capability. You'd want to try a specific app that has it in the options.

So I’m assuming it will pass whatever is being fed into it. I will need a lightening to usb adaptor I guess and will it output to the headphone via the balanced or non balanced jacks ?

It'll output through whichever jack you plug your earphones in, as usual... as long as you don't try both at the same time! :sweat_smile:

I tried this setup but no matter the track it displays 24 bit/192

Is that an iPad or a Mac? Anyway it may be resampling to 192kHz automatically if the app (which is?) doesn't have a bit perfect output option.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 19, 2019 at 9:36 AM Post #5,844 of 6,859
As far as I know there is no Android device with systemwide DLNA casting capability. You'd want to try a specific app that has it in the options.
It’s an iPad Pro

It'll output through whichever jack you plug your earphones in, as usual... as long as you don't try both at the same time! :sweat_smile:

Is that an iPad or a Mac? Anyway it may be resampling to 192kHz automatically if the app (which is?) doesn't have a bit perfect output option.

Sep 20, 2019 at 2:39 AM Post #5,845 of 6,859
iPhones / iPads have systemwide AirPlay capability, not DLNA. You'd want to try turning on AirPlay instead of DLNA on your R3. It's the icon next to DLNA.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Sep 21, 2019 at 6:43 AM Post #5,846 of 6,859
As far as I know there is no Android device with systemwide DLNA casting capability. You'd want to try a specific app that has it in the optio

I've finally been able to connect the R3 to my LG G8 with DLNA through an app called Bubblenup but getting the connection is buggy at best and I get a better quality connection through wifi.

Sep 21, 2019 at 6:51 AM Post #5,847 of 6,859
I've finally been able to connect the R3 to my LG G8 with DLNA through an app called Bubblenup but getting the connection is buggy at best and I get a better quality connection through wifi.
IMHO DLNA (even with Bubbleupnp) is unusable with the R3 unless they repair bug with next track. It's annoying to press manually next button again and again. I don't understand why is this issue still present.

Sep 21, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #5,849 of 6,859
Feeling a sense of increasing frustration and dissatisfaction with this device.

Here’s my line of thinking....
- Buy product
- Struggle with firmware
- Finally get OTA update to take, features and functions seem to oddly change/ vanish/ disappear.
- Again, finally get it to roll, purchase somewhat decent iems to run....
- And the damn thing stops after 20 minutes of very good quality sound.
- Next to power level display a red bar, indicating (?) high temp appears.
R3 will not power up, unless connected to power source via c type cable supplied.
Going to try reset to factory...

I swear to gawd, I did not want to have be an engineer or software designer or anything other than a consumer to use this thing!
It’s like Hiby sold it while in development.

Sep 21, 2019 at 7:43 PM Post #5,850 of 6,859
@Snoopy112: when I flash your latest FW over off. 3.3, the R3 keeps rebooting... Do you have any idea what causes this? Thanks...
Btw, thanks again for your efforts on your custom fw!

Is it a custom version of the firmware before 3.3 or even 3.2?
The new firmware is not exactly backwards compatible with old ones.
To get out of the bootloop, first load the SD card with the original 3.3 firmware. (using a separate card reader)
Next, put the card in the R3 and hold the volume+ and power buttons, until it goes into firmware update mode.
This will reload the R3 with 3.3 firmware and get out of the loop.

If you still want to try Snoopy's firmware again, try factory resetting your device before the flash--that might avoid the bootloop.

Feeling a sense of increasing frustration and dissatisfaction with this device.

Here’s my line of thinking....
- Buy product
- Struggle with firmware
- Finally get OTA update to take, features and functions seem to oddly change/ vanish/ disappear.
- Again, finally get it to roll, purchase somewhat decent iems to run....
- And the damn thing stops after 20 minutes of very good quality sound.
- Next to power level display a red bar, indicating (?) high temp appears.
R3 will not power up, unless connected to power source via c type cable supplied.
Going to try reset to factory...

I swear to gawd, I did not want to have be an engineer or software designer or anything other than a consumer to use this thing!
It’s like Hiby sold it while in development.

That's more than I can handle here :sweat_smile: , but have you tried contacting service@hiby.com ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back