The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jun 5, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #1,966 of 6,859
Actually don’t think there any evidence to back that suggestion of yours up.

Firstly it would be totally disingenuous of them esp after they stated they’d be shipped in order of backibg #, secondly it would be easy enough for that situation to come to light as everybody in this forum is so antsy about getting the R3 many ppl/backers live in similar areas with close backing #’s so that smoke screen would be blown to bits ASAP & thirdly it Be would be totalky counterproductive for them to screw the backers & would kill of their next KS campaign before they even smoked up the idea!!!
There was a person on the Kickstarter page that has received theirs and their backer number was in the #400's. However, they were also from Hong Kong (Kickstarter order, not JD.com) so I assume they're very close to where HiBy is sending the orders from. I don't really mind waiting, especially considering the wait everyone else will have to endure now that the leather case has been delayed. And I'm not angry, I'm just excited to have it in my hands :) I just hope they are genuinely sending them in order and not just sending to the easiest countries. I work in distribution and logistics while at university, and whenever we have a pre-order, we're meticulous about sending the orders in the correct order.

Jun 5, 2018 at 7:15 PM Post #1,968 of 6,859
There was a person on the Kickstarter page that has received theirs and their backer number was in the #400's. However, they were also from Hong Kong (Kickstarter order, not JD.com) so I assume they're very close to where HiBy is sending the orders from. I don't really mind waiting, especially considering the wait everyone else will have to endure now that the leather case has been delayed. And I'm not angry, I'm just excited to have it in my hands :) I just hope they are genuinely sending them in order and not just sending to the easiest countries. I work in distribution and logistics while at university, and whenever we have a pre-order, we're meticulous about sending the orders in the correct order.

Ok, that’s the attitude Be Excited NOT Angry! Angry is counterproductive & will ultimately sour the end experience!
I’m Excited like Christmas You Can’t Hurry Dec25th, what’s that day 1/2 the trip is just getting there or whatever.

Anyhow it makes sense if they are shipping from China or HK to China or HK they’ll receive ASAP as the logistics are obvious as opposed to shipping to NA or Europe, but that’s really anecdotal as we have no evidence or factual proof of the reason for that!
They could be winding everybody up, don’t have the facts just hearsay..,

Jun 5, 2018 at 7:21 PM Post #1,969 of 6,859
Everybody, Please Note!!!

Any & All Spelling & Grammatical Errors Are NOT MINE!!!

All of that is totally out of my control & in the hands of Apple’s iOS crap Spell Check that has a mind of its own & is trying to make me look bad & I don’t need any help from apple as I’m totally capable of doing that on my own as is often evidenced!! ; )

Ymmv...

Jun 6, 2018 at 12:39 AM Post #1,971 of 6,859
Ok, I don’t understand this or maybe missing something in this potential very expensive equation & apologies if I am.

As you’ve ordered the delayed R3 [because as you say leather production out of their control] & you love pretty much everything it has to offer that desire esp size/weight portability & HR audio but...
In essence to spit yourself I guess you could say, you’re will to get the new iPhone 512G paying Apples Atrocious Tax [for overinflated cost of extra storage] version with sub par audio [even tho you’ll be by passing internal DAC] & the use your iFi ?
You must really love contributing to Apples looming $1Trillion Market Cap or whatever it is.
I guess if this is only being use for home maybe but if this’ll be your primary HR audio mobile solution, I don’t get it?
As well I don’t know how wealthy you are or how much extra disposable income you have stashed in your secret bank account but a new iPhone that’ll be coming out w 512G storage will be obscenely ecoensive butvyour will tonpay that even tho you’re get the R3 with massive storage capabilities.
I have the new iP8+ with 64G it was an extremely onerous close to $1000 inc thx, although I got it for less on the my friends business plan I’m on tho, but I really couldn’t even justify getting the 128G as I think it was $1200? or close to that & the 512G $ would be insane!

I agree with you at this point Hiby has definitely dropped the ball with the production & inclusion of not only the protective bag & leather case production, although not directly in their control they should have foreseen a potential delay from sub par material design or just production issues.
& to lay that at the feet of all these loyal backers [although I went without the case] knowing issues can & will happen is down right unconscionable in a way.
As many as now say, the R3 should be shipped ASAP without the case if not ready & ship them after the fact & their cost as these are being made in China/HK? & shipped from China/HK?
I’ve soenntime there shipping small lightweight items like these would be nominal @ best, it’s noy as if they were being produced & shipped from day U,UK,Germany or Japan where QC is much higher as well as WW shipping postage.

I almost got the R6 but the exchange rate was to obscene for me & potential extra customs duties taxes fees upon arrival i passed.
Point is Hiby already had experience with producing a similar product as this so actually should have way ahead of the curve with all of these issues to prevent this fiasco from occurring!

I got the R3 for its HiRes capability’s & large capacity it allows so the entire Tidal thing doesn’t affect me & actually until Tidal cleans house I’m not buying into a flaky company like that.

If I were you if you can I’d cancel the case if not pm email to them & ask them to ship separately at a later date & get your R3 to you ASAP!
Also as I said unless you have unlimited funds you like burning thru in getting the next gem iP 512G I’d be frustratingly patient & be Loyal to the R3 until you find others wise later than it might not suits you.

As some already have said this is a very small blip in an otherswise well done KS campaign as they’ve stated & I have a friend whose backed things that even after a year or 3+ still haven’t produced & shipped a viable product without any regular updates unless you call quarterly or byyearly updates regular!
As well what he a numerous others had initially pledged/backed in that lengthy interim as with some like dacs & drones you can now buy ones that are smaller lighter more portable & faster more teck uptodate & cheaper from retail!

I’m a 1st time backer & I did my due diligence after hearing his experience as it states on both KS & Indiegogo’s site what backing sonething is all about & the potential delays & risks so I’m not surprised.

Even tho I have to wait like all others I’ll get it when I get it no sooner no later, All that’s out of my control, this latest delay is disappointing but it is what it is.

I think all who paid for the cases should email Hiby & demand they are sent later on their dime to make up for your inconvenience of an extended wait period.

Just a thought...

Ymmv.

Cheers...
FridgeMagnet, Points well made. Most of my frustration stems from hearing about the 1 month delay due to the leather case, but after hearing horror stories from others backing other campaigns that never delivered a product, I should just relax and be thankful Hiby is being upfront with us. I was so excited for the R3 to be delivered that when I heard the delay today I was disappointed.

As far as the iPhone is concerned. Agreed they are super expensive and Apple has enough of my money, but my thought was to have one device for everything including my music streaming. So I was questioning whether or not I even needed an R3.

However, you provided me with valuable perspective. While I love the convienence of Tidal and not having to purchase every new album I like, I shouldn’t become too attached to any one streaming service. Who knows how long Tidal will be in existence due to their recent problems.

As far as stacking it my ifi Micro I have a summer lake house and thought the R3 would be the perfect compliment when spending time there. I’m not going to lug my Schiit Jotenheim to my lake house as it’s too large. So that is my use case.

For $200 I’m going to enjoy this when it arrives. It’s going to be a major upgrade from my Fiio X5 Gen1. I got a 400GB Micro SD card so I will have plenty of space to load up my current FLACs.

As for Tidal I should still be able to stream it from my phone to the R3 using Bluetooth. So point is I have plenty of options. Having a dedicated DAP is the way to go vs having just a single iPhone for everything. Can’t wait to hear my full size cans (ZMF Classics, HD650s, Audeze LCD2’s) when stacked with the iFi. Not a bad transportable rig. The R3 also gives me the portability when I am going for a run or taking a hike with my dog.

I’m just going to relax and be patient. I know I’ll be rewarded with a very nice DAP hopefully sometime in July.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2018 at 1:28 AM Post #1,972 of 6,859
FridgeMagnet, Points well made. Most of my frustration stems from hearing about the 1 month delay due to the leather case, but after hearing horror stories from others backing other campaigns that never delivered a product, I should just relax and be thankful Hiby is being upfront with us. I was so excited for the R3 to be delivered that when I heard the delay today I was disappointed.

As far as the iPhone is concerned. Agreed they are super expensive and Apple has enough of my money, but my thought was to have one device for everything including my music streaming. So I was questioning whether or not I even needed an R3.

However, you provided me with valuable perspective. While I love the convienence of Tidal and not having to purchase every new album I like, I shouldn’t become too attached to any one streaming service. Who knows how long Tidal will be in existence due to their recent problems.

As far as stacking it my ifi Micro I have a summer lake house and thought the R3 would be the perfect compliment when spending time there. I’m not going to lug my Schiit Jotenheim to my lake house as it’s too large. So that is my use case.

For $200 I’m going to enjoy this when it arrives. It’s going to be a major upgrade from my Fiio X5 Gen1. I got a 400GB Micro SD card so I will have plenty of space to load up my current FLACs.

As for Tidal I should still be able to stream it from my phone to the R3 using Bluetooth. So point is I have plenty of options. Having a dedicated DAP is the way to go vs having just a single iPhone for everything. Can’t wait to hear my full size cans (ZMF Classics, HD650s, Audeze LCD2’s) when stacked with the iFi. Not a bad transportable rig. The R3 also gives me the portability when I am going for a run or taking a hike with my dog.

I’m just going to relax and be patient. I know I’ll be rewarded with a very nice DAP hopefully sometime in July.

Cheers!

Cheers!

MAK1975:

No problem as I do understand your excitement & anticipation thus your big disappointment with the latest setback as an I so were all in that boat.

Tell you a Secret about Apple!

If they had the brains or desire [to give their customers the audio they deserve] & put 1/2 as much effort & bragging rights into the audio section of their phones/pads n pods as they do to the screen res, & look @ ‘the most beautiful phone in the world’ As they love to say [that you unfortunately have to cover up to protect your $1000+ device] if they put 1 iota more effort to audio then I doubt very much we’d be having this discussion as we wait for the R3, & let’s not get started what they think passes for great hp’s that are beat!

Anyhow, I like your setup so I’m sure you’ll be more than satisfied given it’s size for max mobility as you say it’s what you need for the lake house.
Exactly, seems with everything it’s giving you with minimal compromise should give you more than what you need, just think take your ZMF [ nice one] & the R3 down to the lake shore for some spirit lifting classical music for sunrise or sunset or in the late aft early even warmth & crank up some killer sounds with a few great craft beer, wine etc., that combo gives you some great flexibility as to where & when you want some time & space to yourself with your music on your own, with 400G of your fave FLAC, doubt very much you’ll be disappointed, I wouldn’t be!
By the way I’ve considered getting the ZMF Auteur @ some point!

So, Relax & be patient is all we can do, will make the reward that much tastier when the moment arrives...
Enjoy!
; )..

Cheers...

Jun 6, 2018 at 2:55 AM Post #1,973 of 6,859
Jun 6, 2018 at 3:43 AM Post #1,974 of 6,859
Jun 6, 2018 at 6:56 AM Post #1,975 of 6,859
Exactly, trying to move Apple in the right audio direction is like trying to move the ‘Rock of Gibraltar’!

They don’t give a Sh!T, so I’m not holding my breath & wont waste my time waiting for it to materialize while I can get any number of good great DAP’s now & in the near future like the R6, R3 etc...

Actually I’m glad they’re not doing that as I like variety & hate monopolies!

... :)‘Light My Fire’:fire: The :door:...

Jun 6, 2018 at 7:09 AM Post #1,976 of 6,859
Exactly, trying to move Apple in the right audio direction is like trying to move the ‘Rock of Gibraltar’!

They don’t give a Sh!T, so I’m not holding my breath & wont waste my time waiting for it to materialize while I can get any number of good great DAP’s now & in the near future like the R6, R3 etc...

Actually I’m glad they’re not doing that as I like variety & hate monopolies!

... :)‘Light My Fire’:fire: The :door:...
Apple Google or Spotify are all the same that way. They aim for what 80-90% want, not a few crazy guys with DAP and $1000 IEMs. Most people are happy with the phone or Sonos or a bluetooth speaker

Jun 6, 2018 at 7:21 AM Post #1,977 of 6,859
Seriously I don't even want that leather case. Apologies I had to let it out. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jun 6, 2018 at 7:41 AM Post #1,979 of 6,859
Hi all, i am not a kickstarter backer but i would very much like to buy this DAP because i have sold my Cayin N3 due to some incompatibilities.
My question is if this Hiby R3 will connect via bluetooth with Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Over Ear Wireless headphones because Cayin N3 wasn't capable to, hence the reason to sell it.
Until today i have discovered only 2 devices not compatible via bluetooth with Sennheiser wireless headphones: Cayin N3 and Cowon Plenue R.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back