The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jun 7, 2018 at 3:39 AM Post #1,996 of 6,872
This was my first and will be the last kickstarter purchase.

This was also te first time I backed a KS project.
I am glad to learn with this project about the risks to carfully judge future projects before backing.
I am still fine though with the R3 project, yes, it's delayed, but I am getting some 40% discount on a product that I want, and I will receive it earlier than it will be available elsewhere.

The delay is a little exercise in patience, I just really wish that HiBy would commit to improving the file handling and playback.
Anyway, if the R3 lives up to the expectations it will be one sweet player.

Jun 7, 2018 at 3:54 AM Post #1,997 of 6,872
What the hell..:

upload_2018-6-7_9-52-37.png

https://m.joybuy.com/600304498.html

this is the same device (different firmware with tidal instead of chinese streaming services). for 114€ instead of 180 with super early bird KS....
Wasnt HiBy Stating we are getting the earliest delivery with the cheapest price?
Now they sell it on the free market for way less and bakers already switched over to this device because they get it faster (and already got it)?

And the hardware difference is 0. just tidal is different.. and tidal is not useful as it has no offline feature and on the go you can use hyby link instead.
So.. there should at least not be a big price difference but this is massive..

@Joe Bloggs please explain this. this leaves me a bit disappointed now... to be honest..
Seems like cheating on all bakers..

Jun 7, 2018 at 3:55 AM Post #1,998 of 6,872
I am glad to learn with this project about the risks to carfully judge future projects before backing.
I am still fine though with the R3 project, yes, it's delayed, but I am getting some 40% discount on a product that I want, and I will receive it earlier than it will be available elsewhere.

The delay is a little exercise in patience, I just really wish that HiBy would commit to improving the file handling and playback.

That’s all I’m looking forward to is receiving a quality very small lightweight HiRes DAP for a great price.
Unfortunately the case qc issue that is delaying shipment for many is a disappointment for all!

So I hope Hiby does the right thing for all & ship the players 1st asap & cases later to those waiting, that’s the only resolution that will satisfy all & keep backers satisfied for future projects if Hiby sets this right, right now!

Just a thought...

Jun 7, 2018 at 4:11 AM Post #1,999 of 6,872
What the hell..:

this is the same device (different firmware with tidal instead of chinese streaming services). for 114€ instead of 180 with super early bird KS....
Wasnt HiBy Stating we are getting the earliest delivery with the cheapest price?
Now they sell it on the free market for way less and bakers already switched over to this device because they get it faster (and already got it)?

And the hardware difference is 0. just tidal is different.. and tidal is not useful as it has no offline feature and on the go you can use hyby link instead.

@Joe Bloggs please explain this. this leaves me a bit disappointed now... to be honest..

Not sure but if you look/note that it’s a Chinese website I suspect & that it ships from China then then I suspect it’s possible it’s actually the Chinese version not the International version we in the west are expecting even tho as you say the fw is different.
This website is like Banggood.com & AliExpress.com homepages setups look identical as probably are most Chinese online Alibaba or Amazon commerce websites.
If you check Banggood or AliExpress you’ll see lots of products from many various entities selling at below cost of retail etc., so it’s likely that Joy website is Chinese in China & their R3 quite possibly the Chinese version being sold.
Just a thought.

Indeed if it’s as it looks then very disappointing!
But maybe not as you say & I think you’re correct in that this needs explaining & clarification so many decide this’ll be the last Hiby backed product on KS etc.
So if that is fact & its not dealt with ASAP by Hiby then the damage could be for their rep unless there is a valid explanation but it needs to be relayed to all of us now!

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2018 at 4:16 AM Post #2,000 of 6,872
What the hell..:

already out of stock...i guess the only difference is tidal+ all the KS rewards...rather have it early tho than those things( not sure if im going even use tidal :frowning2: )

Jun 7, 2018 at 4:29 AM Post #2,003 of 6,872
I am pretty sure Joe mentioned that those Chinese versions have a different firmware and the international firmware cannot be flashed on to the Chinese version. Please correct me if im wrong.

Jun 7, 2018 at 4:39 AM Post #2,005 of 6,872

I tried twice on Indiegogo. First paid $200 to back a Linux based tablet. It got a year delayd, the project organisation fell apart on the way, and finally I got a tablet I could basically use to surf the internet.
2, time was $20 for a headset that was claimed to be much better for the price. This arrived on time, but I think it is like a $20 dollar headset.
I jumped on the R3 waggon because of Tidal - I have a Tidal HiFi subscription. If no off-line Tidal it is not the same. I am sure it is fine as a player and I am still looking forward to it.
Today I am receiving the Shanling M2s in the mail. One of them will live its live in the car, the other in my pocket

Jun 7, 2018 at 4:46 AM Post #2,006 of 6,872
Just received this from Hiby for those waiting for their leather cases!

KfsqqfR2WFHBK_52mkOkrEmiubg8FF_U2uxlDA4S5XFnoBDj0PI4B88VQXWdyOStRxRzA5FUOCAi0bA0Ir2UoiYHh4BAOFMiq0-us-EE7WDamF4=s0-d-e1-ft

Evolution of the R3 leather case
Posted by HiBy Music (Creator)
v_9OEcx_B4cqw8x1tswLfasfAonbj1Ou2PR7_QjlB0fyjlgUvR5Hi8xpcp7GUU5iJ1Heo9VzEc2PcgQDK5HzsBXgZ4Kku6SXUjQ8dPOmKIYg884BYNpPadyDLKbBuF1rNS9DvbtQq6sWSUaxPUs04aBPHkiIeSQjYcAEy32YPQzNWI_BGhCqoZqDk3KD252Mg9FfXDRTwRc=s0-d-e1-ft
For backers only

Dear backers,

The leather case for the R3 has been the target of many complaints, first that we didn’t release any pictures of it, now that it is delaying fulfillment of the campaign. People want to know what took us so long, so here it is: the story of the R3 leather case.

At the outset we knew we wanted a slim bezel for the leather case to match that of the R3, to prevent obscuring any part of its screen, so we knew that this first prototype would be wholly inadequate the moment we set eyes on it:

dy6s0YhLQEf0nL0_igsWpiFHnY66Cjf6a-ZqSLDvSczS-x6HP57L5iimWZCcKdUKRtxZkolGYEiqeUIpgVRNAejfbsEvaIQC-0wQwVMxLAPvIyLHpC4JEzp2KePLNXgcmTqmaocwpZIlkoEM3tJBRHWTUKXtQVevpm8xXKTZoR22WX5u3iuUtIxNA6GyQKTe5zX659dgUiqEuiJ010nElfl9Klsr_MNYKI3W0pX9NXfpLnTWxIGmhJWH8RFZlEPo=s0-d-e1-ft

Not only the bezel was too long, but the leather was too soft to hold its shape, as evidenced by the warping of the top bezel of this sample.

For our second prototype, aside from fixing the bezel, we changed to a harder leather grade:

-wk8kpLaBuZTGx-iNEV_z4uvh18dIsZjnTZwnHMiKMqPerSrCQa5pnjt-qVKskVfwBlfsvk5cZCnqMScKWQEAOOfMwCSEGBO0KvhLy2SXzAwB0LE0yF3wIj7I4-pcRLmTMlBYjp4aBo728WDJ99YHPlefztzwZl-TQDhPYBD_Q_aZfEImgDegy-h7f8djCS4vuApdw6fPrEPjBR6fhtIxfBlAIA_qwVuz-5oZG7cebADLwfZJzXVtKrY1l2pF846=s0-d-e1-ft

At first we thought this would be fine, but in use the bezel continued to obstruct operation of the touchscreen’s slide-down top bar.

► Play video
Also, the openings for the side buttons were not large enough to accommodate big fingers. Finally we arrived at a design that solved all problems (the software was also optimized to make slide-down from the top easier):

ukL5KlhrmkCFqhPPM1WtKXpTGZ-9ops828Jg7hiQbv7K6VXj4VDygPe1dBH7CGCGvBc8zpb5TVKveLdi06n2lXnTMeaSB2d8UzFD04eVUXhOhLXtY-7bEOL9VSbTvXC8wy-4khVHz15kVRX4xZvHqRoBi2JblpgIFB-etowJ4fvTKazjkUlXZZgd2PbgM4BwZosqFq1UbpVblvXtSpFMdHq8RLr0oNXCz51qJChYAXWg2ISQnFJKjwUcbnwtDqvl=s0-d-e1-ft

So now was the time to make the cases in the colours we wanted them in, black and brown!

p3MbJfwXXsCryITW9ZyX04qQaHqWSLC7RtUDC_7J3hcb39IwM3UA3cqp1zeE5Vmado0Z5Ob0Pm0V-hPG_Hek5v1aIaIOvbQGvHxqIVX1qDrI0J0utr3f539sJ3C33-bFkFUzI25dxEMvFCKnW_EL3TNnQExlqS2iLWOM5OpTY0-mK6ZdA5ph5Pdciln7cucvDc8jIxAicN5In0BWTchpLZO6Hg7sbNjzlCkiFMfTB46rPGEN8XPGwsIqUGr7glUP=s0-d-e1-ft

It does look prettier doesn’t it?

0xTIyhg3knRk7Q4kkCs1W4d0ZvPcA8ajkp2PzWc8fUzlV_trg3RPU8fQvttQcLU5UuwCiFMPWQ-pyVBj8pgtz_X1u_7zaPG3cF5aShT9aKDEW4YCzaVdaNFttJY-bO-irkCL4BgKh90v6aKLpfQy23WUR0_GS9w9JhIF8Oe8CTQb-2UHkO9-UZCa6eGkAtEMf1ZWHVTopFxdGp4pxvu-yEisf_83k9UjjipmoB1bH__pD0YkGU7hdAa6gD1Ebkyh=s0-d-e1-ft

We hope you enjoyed reading this update as much as we did writing it. Now that the cases are finalized we will get to manufacturing as soon as possible.

Best regards,

HiBy Music

Comment on Kickstarter
KfsqqfR2WFHBK_52mkOkrEmiubg8FF_U2uxlDA4S5XFnoBDj0PI4B88VQXWdyOStRxRzA5FUOCAi0bA0Ir2UoiYHh4BAOFMiq0-us-EE7WDamF4=s0-d-e1-ft

Don't want to receive updates from this project? That's okay, you can unsubscribe.

Kickstarter · 58 Kent St, Brooklyn NY 11222
Contact Us
We're Hiring
954QeNesKLtcS3WfWC-KejynmeAzo4RWXdyc9cwcYv6dV32dpLOa6VibOLZmFubocrYL3tYtzSHyQhLSM0ZBpmRQLYMNt5-T7wuhSSC6IRS85AJ6GHMzYcUvBjRJg0m68fSMgztmRoLW=s0-d-e1-ft

Jun 7, 2018 at 4:52 AM Post #2,007 of 6,872
I am pretty sure Joe mentioned that those Chinese versions have a different firmware and the international firmware cannot be flashed on to the Chinese version. Please correct me if im wrong.

it is the chinese version I suppose yes.
but look at the price.. and the difference is tidal only.. Hiby is investigating this now they said.. i am excited for the outcome...

Jun 7, 2018 at 5:00 AM Post #2,009 of 6,872
The outcome is that probably its removed from joybuy. I posted a link to it before here, it is in stock for 132$ and msrp 169$ should probably had gotten that one since I dont use Tidal.

Heres hoping for ldac

Users who are viewing this thread

Back