The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jun 6, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #1,981 of 6,872
I feel your pain, but if you think this one has had delays, you haven't been hanging around the right Kickstarter projects. I haven't backed many, but I've been burned on two and am still waiting on two (one of them is over a year behind schedule). Despite our disappointment, this campaign is a lot better than most of them I've seen in terms of communication and delays.

I think what this latest delay shows is that HiBy needs to work on managing all aspects of a project, kinda seems like they focused on the players and expected everything else to go smoothly.

But I think I'm with you (not necessarily due to just this), I'd rather pay X% more and get something right away, rather than roll the dice on KS or Indegogo. They've both proven to be a pain in the a$$.
I agree. Kickstarter and IGG warn people not to treat it like a store. You're rolling the dice and making an investment in a company sight unseen that often has no experience actually making the thing you're backing. You either accept that and wait patiently or you buy from Amazon or brick and mortar. I backed the disastrous Ossic X headphones, which I thought had a good chance but failed, and the Nura headphone whose chances looked slim but actually succeeded. There were other projects I backed that looked pretty easy but I'm still waiting for after almost a year.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #1,982 of 6,872
just got my email "on the way" notice.
coming via fedex
I was in the 800's as faras backer#
can't wait

Jun 6, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #1,985 of 6,872
Thankfully there is the world cup to keep us occupied!!

Jun 6, 2018 at 5:31 PM Post #1,989 of 6,872
I agree. Kickstarter and IGG warn people not to treat it like a store. You're rolling the dice and making an investment in a company sight unseen that often has no experience actually making the thing you're backing. You either accept that and wait patiently or you buy from Amazon or brick and mortar. I backed the disastrous Ossic X headphones, which I thought had a good chance but failed, and the Nura headphone whose chances looked slim but actually succeeded. There were other projects I backed that looked pretty easy but I'm still waiting for after almost a year.

Wick,

I see from your gear list below you’ve got/use the Cavalli Hybrid,that’s the tube hybrid is it?
How do you like it?
Don’t know much about it...

Jun 6, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #1,990 of 6,872
How much does a leather case weigh? Just ship all the products first and send the case later by (simple) registered mail. It’s not that expensive. I think it’s just an excuse as they can’t make sufficient players fast enough. Or give me an option to either reject the case (I don’t need a refund) or pay for the registered mail myself. Excuses.

Jun 6, 2018 at 10:56 PM Post #1,991 of 6,872
How much does a leather case weigh? Just ship all the products first and send the case later by (simple) registered mail. It’s not that expensive. I think it’s just an excuse as they can’t make sufficient players fast enough. Or give me an option to either reject the case (I don’t need a refund) or pay for the registered mail myself. Excuses.

I didn’t order the case & im glad I didn’t...

But I agree the ones that did shouldn’t be penalized because of qc issues or at the very least suffer undue shipping delays because of issues beyound the backers control to which Hiby should have known or seen that such a qc logistics problem could occur, as the saying goes ‘SH!T HAPPENS’

So there should be a backup option aka Option B put into place ASAP for backers awaiting cases as optioned above by georgelai57 or something equally doable.

It only seems fair & equitable that this is done for them so as to not totally ruin an otherwise good KS backed campaign & future potential backing for Hiby et al...

I’m hoping my R3 arrives ASAP so I can get on with my summer of great audio enjoyment.

For myself it’s starting to wear on me reading their frustration & angst for something that should’ve never have occurred or at least should never have impacted them to this degree...

Just a thought...

Jun 6, 2018 at 11:45 PM Post #1,992 of 6,872
Read on ks that they refused to send case later, also for those that said "just keep it" or was willing to pay for shipping. Does not compute that those that are super early backers should be left hanging because of the add on that could be shipped super cheap later.

It is pretty normal to offer split package shipping. It is not so much about the delay, but the way it is handled for early backers when they said they would ship by number.

And if someone else says "kickstarter is not a shop..." That is just 5% legal semantics

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2018 at 1:16 AM Post #1,994 of 6,872
I didn’t order the case & im glad I didn’t...

But I agree the ones that did shouldn’t be penalized because of qc issues or at the very least suffer undue shipping delays because of issues beyound the backers control to which Hiby should have known or seen that such a qc logistics problem could occur, as the saying goes ‘SH!T HAPPENS’

So there should be a backup option aka Option B put into place ASAP for backers awaiting cases as optioned above by georgelai57 or something equally doable.

It only seems fair & equitable that this is done for them so as to not totally ruin an otherwise good KS backed campaign & future potential backing for Hiby et al...

I’m hoping my R3 arrives ASAP so I can get on with my summer of great audio enjoyment.

For myself it’s starting to wear on me reading their frustration & angst for something that should’ve never have occurred or at least should never have impacted them to this degree...

Just a thought...
Thanks for the support. I just hope it’s just incompetence as opposed to an excuse for production delays for the DAP itself. It might seem normal for a KS or IGG project but Hiby is not a first time manufacturer of DAPs so it is disappointing.

Jun 7, 2018 at 1:32 AM Post #1,995 of 6,872
Thanks for the support. I just hope it’s just incompetence as opposed to an excuse for production delays for the DAP itself. It might seem normal for a KS or IGG project but Hiby is not a first time manufacturer of DAPs so it is disappointing.

No problem, I agree that it better be just the former not the latter and as I said before even tho I’m not waiting for a case I do feel for you & all others that are going to have this added & frustrating delay not of your doing!

I agree that since Hiby has already had the very successful R6 backed campaign recently closed I’m very surprised this could’ve/should’ve happened at such a late date as this definitely doesn’t bode well for their future campaigns if the R3 went well up to & including shipping because of the leather case qc fiasco.

As they say any press is good press, except where it taints your reputation because of hiccups like this.
Problems happen all the time out of the hands of the powers that be/Hiby butbits hiw theyre handled after the fact that shows how well things are really run after all.

Absolutely the R3 needs to be shipped ASAP & the cases later, end of discussion!

Just a thought...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back