The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Apr 11, 2018 at 1:09 AM Post #873 of 6,859
I got this right, that the r3 plays tidal master mqa files right? Or did I misunderstood that?

It has Tidal, but it is not licensed for MQA playback.

Apr 11, 2018 at 2:14 AM Post #874 of 6,859
Oh okay. I recently read sth like that and that made Me struggle..

@Joe Bloggs you know if this might come? Tidal mqa is a critical feature for us. Please give some information about this because we then would need to revoke unfortunately. I hope it will be a feature, the r3 is such a great piece of work it seems.

Apr 11, 2018 at 3:23 AM Post #875 of 6,859
Backed the R3 player + leather case bundle. I'm really excited to see how this turns out. They've packed in a lot of cool stuff. Can't wait to see Spotify support, that would be the icing on the cake. :)

But yeah, Tidal MQA support would be critical. Let's hope they clarify on this soon. I've found them to be pretty responsive on the Kickstarter thread. Can check with them over there too.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2018 at 6:12 AM Post #876 of 6,859
Backed the R3 player + leather case bundle. I'm really excited to see how this turns out. They've packed in a lot of cool stuff. Can't wait to see Spotify support, that would be the icing on the cake. :)

But yeah, Tidal MQA support would be critical. Let's hope they clarify on this soon. I've found them to be pretty responsive on the Kickstarter thread. Can check with them over there too.

This is a good hint, I will try this. Over there.

Apr 11, 2018 at 8:40 AM Post #878 of 6,859
Yes R3 supports Airplay.

I doubt that it has airplay in sending mode only (like iPhone/iPad/Macbook). Not receiving mode like airport express.

I wanna use R3 with Mojo as a transport like Poly.
So I expected that I can play music from my macbook/iphone to R3 via airplay.

I have not get any confirmation about this from Hiby yet. They just said R3 has Airplay. That's all.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #879 of 6,859
10096328.jpg

I just noticed, the led by the power switch is working now, white for dsd correct?

Apr 11, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #880 of 6,859
I doubt that it has airplay in sending mode only (like iPhone/iPad/Macbook). Not receiving mode like airport express.

I have not get any confirmation about this from Hiby yet. They just said R3 has Airplay. That's all.
Now I got confused as well. If it was only one way would not they let us know about it?

Apr 11, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #882 of 6,859
@Hawaiibadboy has the unit so maybe he can clarify if R3 does Airplay both ways or not?

Apr 11, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #883 of 6,859

I'm pretty sure one of the videos showed the R3 as an airplay target on an iPhone. So you should be able to receive just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back