The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Apr 9, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #841 of 6,859
I also wanted a silicone case, but then I realised that the shape with the 2,5D glass screen with almost no bezel will require a stiff plastic case to stay put and still give full access to the touch screen.
Still - with the sweet looking grey R3 I wish for a transparent, matte case rather than the white one. Got the leather case package - just in case. And will 3D print anything I else I need :ksc75smile:

Never thought of that, I wouldn't mind the plastic one so much if it wasn't milk white. I guess I might have to get the leather one after all.

Apr 9, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #842 of 6,859
10096328.jpg

Apr 9, 2018 at 10:00 PM Post #843 of 6,859
Yep I see that but I don't know what the leather case looks like. I pray there will be a nice clear silicone case available soon. I usually go with leather, but with this looker I think clear silicone would look sweet imo. The included case, well sorry it will go in the bin :0

And on another note and to not post again, has anybody seen the black colour in the flesh? I usually go with black, but the grey that everybody ( all 3 of them :) has looks pretty good. They grey reminds me of the fiio x3ii titanium colour which was very nice.
decisions.... I could just flip a coin I guess.

Oh and just wanted to also ask is the back glass or plastic?
The leather case for the R6 is beautiful, fit and finish. I would expect nothing less with the R3

I’m so persuasive I just convinced myself - I changed my order to include the leather case. Hehe

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2018 at 5:05 AM Post #846 of 6,859
My micro SD purchase just arrived, cannot wait for R3!

Apr 10, 2018 at 5:54 AM Post #847 of 6,859
For those of you who are pairing this with the Chord Mojo, would you be able to kindly share your reasons on why you are using the HiBy R3 as transport instead of the Chord Poly? I gather that price is one significant factor, but what other reasons would you have?

Apr 10, 2018 at 6:07 AM Post #848 of 6,859
For those of you who are pairing this with the Chord Mojo, would you be able to kindly share your reasons on why you are using the HiBy R3 as transport instead of the Chord Poly? I gather that price is one significant factor, but what other reasons would you have?

1. Poly is ~4X more expensive (in Australia). Heck, the combo leather case is almost the cost of the R3.
2. Uplift in features (now and potential future such as Tidal offline and LDAC)
3. Device neutral
4. Mojo/Poly stack will struggle to work effectively without a third device (i.e. phone), whereas Mojo/DAP can be used as is
5. Poly is useless by itself
6. (neither here or there) 2.5mm BAL
7. Making a conscious effort to try new brands this year rather than defaulting to the well known guys
8. Refer back to #1.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2018 at 6:16 AM Post #849 of 6,859
How do you control the Poly?
I think it’s with an app on your phone, too much hassle for me!
I prefer the options of the r3 myself.

Apr 10, 2018 at 6:32 AM Post #850 of 6,859
1. Poly is ~4X more expensive (in Australia). Heck, the combo leather case is almost the cost of the R3.
2. Uplift in features (now and potential future such as Tidal offline and LDAC)
3. Device neutral
4. Chord/Poly stack will struggle to work effectively without a third device (i.e. phone), whereas Chord/DAP can be used as is
5. Poly is useless by itself
6. (neither here or there) 2.5mm BAL
7. Making a conscious effort to try new brands this year rather than defaulting to the well known guys
8. Refer back to #1.

I can add a few more;

Poly gives no screen for the Mojo by itself.
Poly can only connect via USB, it cannot take advantage of Mojo's optical or coax digital inputs.
Poly makes Mojo taller and forces you to carry another device with you, R3 makes Mojo a bit thicker which is way more mobile option.
Poly forces you to be a wireless network expert while R3 just works.
R3 does everything better than Poly does for majority of the Mojo owners.

Apr 10, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #851 of 6,859
Poly is ~4X more expensive (in Australia). Heck, the combo leather case is almost the cost of the R3.
I saw the price of the Poly today on Addicted to Audio's website and almost fell off my chair. The R3 as a transport was the exact comparison I made, and I could never ever justify the price of the Poly even if I had a Mojo.

Apr 10, 2018 at 7:39 AM Post #852 of 6,859
I saw the price of the Poly today on Addicted to Audio's website and almost fell off my chair. The R3 as a transport was the exact comparison I made, and I could never ever justify the price of the Poly even if I had a Mojo.
The price of the Chord Poly created such a debate on the Mojo & Poly forum threads since day one. None of the add-on products on earth I know about is selling for more money than the original product itself. Even if the Chord company acknowledge that the price policy they have made is a bad one, from now on they cannot make it a lot cheaper considering many have already bought it with the crazy tag it has already. I hope R3 will make Mojo owners happier because I think it R3 will put Mojo much more in use than it is now.

Apr 10, 2018 at 8:11 AM Post #853 of 6,859
Hooray! Just got an email update from Hiby!

"Upgrade On Our 2nd Stretch Goal!
Posted by HiBy Music (Creator)
Dear Backers,

We have been listening to everyone’s comments and we are trying our best to meet your needs. We’ve noticed that a lot of people have been asking about changing the current white plastic case stretch goal to a clear case. We want to take this opportunity to express our gratitude towards all the backers. So, instead of simply changing the stretch goal, the white case will become a complimentary part of the package *right now* while the clear case will take its place as the 2nd stretch goal!"

Thank you Hiby!

Apr 10, 2018 at 8:36 AM Post #854 of 6,859
The clear case is in the house, i repeat, the clear case is in the house!!! Great news hiby and a really good job for taking heed to us. Thank you!!

Apr 10, 2018 at 9:23 AM Post #855 of 6,859
The only
Hooray! Just got an email update from Hiby!

"Upgrade On Our 2nd Stretch Goal!
Posted by HiBy Music (Creator)
Dear Backers,

We have been listening to everyone’s comments and we are trying our best to meet your needs. We’ve noticed that a lot of people have been asking about changing the current white plastic case stretch goal to a clear case. We want to take this opportunity to express our gratitude towards all the backers. So, instead of simply changing the stretch goal, the white case will become a complimentary part of the package *right now* while the clear case will take its place as the 2nd stretch goal!"

Thank you Hiby!
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks for :ear:ing!!!
:clap::clap::clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back