The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Apr 2, 2018 at 9:34 AM Post #677 of 6,859
I have the cayin n3. It really is good and quite powerful too! It has quite a warm sound signature with musicality in mind.

Apr 2, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #681 of 6,859
This or the M0... Decisions...

Apr 2, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #682 of 6,859
Yes, I tried it in the store and really liked it with my IEMs. With a case though, it comes out to the same price as the Hiby R3, and it is slightly bigger...
Well, let me tell you the reason i am upgrading from n3 and some things that I have read from the reviews and after following this thread since its beginning:
(i) If you are going to purchase the dap purely on its sound and you already have the cayin n3, be prepared to be disappointed as the hiby r3 sounds very similar to the n3 as told to me by @Hawaiibadboy .
(ii) The cayin n3's navigation is a pain in the a$$ and the r3's touch screen will make it a lot easier to use it (duh).
(iii) The cayin n3 has only a se output whereas the r3 has both 2.5mm and 3.5mm ports (although both have less power than the 3.5mm port) .
(iv) Streaming capability: I need not say it twice, everybody knows this and that is why most ppl are here anyways.
(v) The form factor is great for portable usage (like running, cycling, etc.) (although the n3 is still quite small in itself)

This or the M0... Decisions...
the reason i am avoiding the m0 is that it has only a single ended output and no balanced output (although that IS asking too much considering its size). Also you should know that it might not support streaming services like the r3 does.

Apr 2, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #683 of 6,859
It will be a joke if I win anything on giveaways xD Backer no 85!! but can't wait!
One thing is right, If I win this one, I won't ask for refund. I rather have a back up unit if I get stolen on the street while running and listenning to it.

Super anxious for it !
2764.png
<3
next step, 200,00$ !! ^-^

Apr 2, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #684 of 6,859
There is also the stacking factor. It feels like R3 is built for stacking with Chord Mojo. Even though how genius gadget Chord Poly is, it is overpriced for what it does at the moment. R3 can be the Chord Poly for me. Plus that, I can take R3 and a small IEM with me and just go out for a walk. This solution is much more versatile to me.

Apr 2, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #685 of 6,859
Apr 2, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #686 of 6,859
There is also the stacking factor. It feels like R3 is built for stacking with Chord Mojo. Even though how genius gadget Chord Poly is, it is overpriced for what it does at the moment. R3 can be the Chord Poly for me. Plus that, I can take R3 and a small IEM with me and just go out for a walk. This solution is much more versatile to me.
+1, you are reading my mind
Hope it comes with Tidal offline implemented

Apr 3, 2018 at 12:16 AM Post #688 of 6,859
FYI.. Saw that more colors are shown in the Presale in China. But not available yet. So something to look forward to:

the new colors look really nice! Much better than the original black and steel. I choose blue!

Apr 3, 2018 at 2:15 AM Post #689 of 6,859
Hi all, two quick questions.

I'm I right in assuming the R3 will have no issues driving the Brainwavz B400 using a their balance cable? https://www.brainwavzaudio.com/collections/earphones/products/b400-quad-balanced-armature-earphones

Also, just playing with the HiByMusic app, what does creating and having an account do? I have one and have logged in, but can't see any benefit. Would be cool if it synced setting or something?

I also love the lyrics download options, I'm hoping that HiBy OS will have all the features of their standalone application.

Cheers.

P.s Backer number 402, this DAP rocks, etc... :wink:

1. Those cables work.
2. We plan to update the app with options to back up and restore playlists using the account for a start.
3. :)

How about the future selling in Germany. Will the r3 be on Amazon Germany for example.? The r6 is not, and so it is hard to get here..asking because of the high customs fees

There should be distributors in Europe in the future but then the MSRP will be higher than the current Kickstarter price...

In General you are absolutely right. But due to e. G. currency change prices distributed in the country are less than importing from outside of Europe. Unfortunately..makes no sense but.. It is.

Also when it comes to support dead on arrival etc.. It is a lot more Comfortable to have a local vendor like Amazon who handles issues. Than sending the device out through the world.

My hope is that we will stipulate any future regional contractor also take care of early kickstarter / indiegogo backers in their region :)

@Hawaiibadboy , have you played around with the MSEB equalizer? I heard you say that the hiby r3 is warm and loses some detail, but the first option on the equalizer is to make the sound colder or warmer. Does it help bring back some of the missing details?

The firmware his current unit is on does not have a properly functioning MSEB. Unfortunately we have not been able to update his unit's firmware for the stupid reason that I rushed his unit out without checking that it has been enabled for firmware updates using the SD card. Stupid me :frowning2:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 3, 2018 at 2:53 AM Post #690 of 6,859
1. Those cables work.
2. We plan to update the app with options to back up and restore playlists using the account for a start.
3. :)

Thanks @Joe Bloggs for the reply, much appreciated.

Just to add to it, the quad drivers of the B400 should be no issues to drive power wise? (Sorry new to all this)

Backup and restore sounds fantastic... I wonder if it can tie into an online version of your accounts playlist so you can log in and manage it on a PC/MAC (aka a larger screen) then it can sync back to the device.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back