The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Apr 4, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #707 of 6,859
Let me know how your B400s are going, I am eyeing them too actually haha.

Sorry @gemmoglock I missed this part... I love the B400's very nice and natural sq overall, especially for the price, but then it wasn't till I tried them on my friends Mojo that I was absolutely blown away by how good they are. The Mojo is now my end game, with the R3 as my transport.

Apr 4, 2018 at 8:42 PM Post #708 of 6,859
The second stretch goal is up. It's the white plastic protector case that we were told was already going to be in the box..

Apr 4, 2018 at 8:42 PM Post #709 of 6,859
Sorry @gemmoglock I missed this part... I love the B400's very nice and natural sq overall, especially for the price, but then it wasn't till I tried them on my friends Mojo that I was absolutely blown away by how good they are. The Mojo is now my end game, with the R3 as my transport.

That's great! I'm not sure if the sound signature is for me so I'm trying to get my hands on a demo first :)

Apr 4, 2018 at 11:37 PM Post #711 of 6,859
The second stretch goal is up. It's the white plastic protector case that we were told was already going to be in the box..
It should be ok if they did not have already tell that the plastic case was in the box. A bit disappointing..

Apr 5, 2018 at 12:24 AM Post #713 of 6,859
What a strange color choice. The white case would stick out like the fly in the glass of milk. A transparent case would have been more fitting for the gorgeous looking R3.
I have to agree with you. A clear TPU case would have been much better.. clear/ nude is the way to go when it comes to the colour of the case.

Apr 5, 2018 at 2:54 AM Post #716 of 6,859
@ballog but the white case IS the milk in your comparison...

Regardless, @superuser1 an opaque color is easier/cheaper/more consistent to injection mold. Simple as that.
I don't think R3 is necessarily aiming for the cheaper method. At the end of the day aesthetic has no tangible logic. opaque colour which would blend in with the existing colour would have been great. However with different colours coming out i firmly believe a white opaque case is not the right way forward.

Apr 5, 2018 at 3:17 AM Post #718 of 6,859
@superuser1 I was not commenting on the r3 unit itself in any way. I don’t think they were aiming for cheap in at all as far as the unit goes. Never said anything like that.

With multiple colors coming out for the unit itself, what other singular color besides white is the most neutral? White or black. That’s about it. White pops. Black doesn’t. Just my opinion.

Apr 5, 2018 at 3:28 AM Post #719 of 6,859
I am envious of you that white doesn't bother you. Trust me it would make things easier for me if i liked white. Probably i am one of the few with this opinion. I wouldn't mind going for an after market case. I know you did not mention cheap when it came to the unit itself however why would the same company take the cheap route for a case (a case would be part of the overall look) .. Perhaps i dont understand capitalism very well and it certainly has no nexus with aesthetics. :wink:

Apr 5, 2018 at 3:45 AM Post #720 of 6,859
I figured that white case would be a stretch goal, so reluctantly added the leather case. A gel case would be nicer, but not like they will make something new if they plan to ship in May.

Only other thing for me is news on that l**c. One of the reasons I went for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back