The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Apr 5, 2018 at 3:53 AM Post #721 of 6,859
I figured that white case would be a stretch goal, so reluctantly added the leather case. A gel case would be nicer, but not like they will make something new if they plan to ship in May.

Only other thing for me is news on that l**c. One of the reasons I went for this.
I also went with the leather case however I anticipated that they would go with a gel case and I look to be wrong. The R3 Kickstarter echos the R6 one, with a screen protector as the first stretch goal and a case as the second. I didn't anticipate that it would be the opaque white clip-on type they have unvealed. Sure, it's ugmo, but I don't actually mind getting it along with the leather case, as I can stick some velcro on it if I want to pair it in a stack without caring so much, then slap on the leather one when I want to go solo wireless. I am interested more in getting LDAC confirmed but do hope there are more accessories available for it down the road.

Apr 5, 2018 at 4:07 AM Post #722 of 6,859
I also went with the leather case however I anticipated that they would go with a gel case and I look to be wrong. The R3 Kickstarter echos the R6 one, with a screen protector as the first stretch goal and a case as the second. I didn't anticipate that it would be the opaque white clip-on type they have unvealed. Sure, it's ugmo, but I don't actually mind getting it along with the leather case, as I can stick some velcro on it if I want to pair it in a stack without caring so much, then slap on the leather one when I want to go solo wireless. I am interested more in getting LDAC confirmed but do hope there are more accessories available for it down the road.

I have ordered one of these for the dap and a phone, so maybe use velcro on the white case to fit it inside. Hate to waste that case.
New-Original-HZ-HZSOUND-Leather-Case-In-Ear-Earphone-Bag-Box-Headphones-Portable-Case-Headphone-Accessories.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2018 at 6:04 AM Post #723 of 6,859
I figured that white case would be a stretch goal, so reluctantly added the leather case. A gel case would be nicer, but not like they will make something new if they plan to ship in May.

Only other thing for me is news on that l**c. One of the reasons I went for this.
Hiby has been showing-off the R3 as colorful with quite a few choice of colors - so the white case doesn't really make sense.
Also Hiby up to now has been very savvy with the marketing of the R3 and throwing the white case (instead of a logical clear one) seems out of character.
Lets just hope they have a change of heart (its no biggie but getting a third party case later might be a hassle).

Apr 5, 2018 at 6:22 AM Post #724 of 6,859
Hiby has been showing-off the R3 as colorful with quite a few choice of colors - so the white case doesn't really make sense.
Also Hiby up to now has been very savvy with the marketing of the R3 and throwing the white case (instead of a logical clear one) seems out of character.
Lets just hope they have a change of heart (its no biggie but getting a third party case later might be a hassle).
Come on!
Don't either of you believe that the R3 launch is actually funded by Kickstarter?
The product is ready and Kickstarter is used to create HYIP and run the wave.
Everything is ready, including the white case!
You won't see any new case)

Apr 5, 2018 at 7:19 AM Post #725 of 6,859
Come on!
Don't either of you believe that the R3 launch is actually funded by Kickstarter?
The product is ready and Kickstarter is used to create HYIP and run the wave.
Everything is ready, including the white case!
You won't see any new case)

i think they are still kinda working on the software...but your are right, everything else is probably ready before the kickstarter started..heck you can see the leather cover in that promotional video.

Apr 5, 2018 at 7:53 AM Post #728 of 6,859
Well, they were not hiding that with delivery in may. But would like some ldac update before end time.

Better than some kickstarters that underdeliver months later. I know someone that backed true wireless earbuds thats long overdue. The same types you can find plenty off on ali for 30$

Apr 5, 2018 at 9:32 AM Post #734 of 6,859
It's a hard plastic case in white. Idk, you guys can surely come up with some exotic DIY colors / patterns for it :D Ocean waves? Sea shells?

Joe, your communication and customer support have been great so far! Why do you have to make a promised item a stretch goal now?

The leather case, an additional transparent case or a case in user selected color would be a cool stretch goal!

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2018 at 9:40 AM Post #735 of 6,859
Wow the R3 is just amazing!

When I think back when a Sony Walkman (the Cassette version) was "state of the art"...
It is amazing to have : - WIFI, - Bluetooth, - Hold all my music with up to 400GB of microSD Memory in Digital "hiss free" CD Quality, - An Amazing color screen, - In a device that is smaller than my wallet, and - Can be remotely controlled when hooked up to my home stereo.
It is almost Beyond Belief !

Great job Hiby !

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back