The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Apr 24, 2018 at 9:13 AM Post #1,172 of 6,859
If the KS campaign doesn't reach the final goal (call me a pessimist but given the time left, it seems unlikely to reach it), is it possible to have the coax cable included for an extra fee? It would be nice to not pay for shipping (or import duty) twice.
I had the same question to the KS team. The HiBy-team is taking this under concideration at the moment and it is quite likely that they will either lower the stretch goal or make it available as an additional purchase.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #1,173 of 6,859
I had the same question to the KS tea, amd they replied. The HiBy-team is taking this under concideration at the moment and it is quite likely that they will either lower the stretch goal or make it available as an additional purchase.

Awesome, thanks for sharing.

Apr 24, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #1,174 of 6,859
Other than a Mojo, what good is that cable anyways? I've never seen another unit that takes a coax input via 3.5mm.

Plus, if you use that cable, you lose all ability to charge while in use right?

What am I missing? I don't see much use for the cable.

Apr 24, 2018 at 10:18 AM Post #1,175 of 6,859
Other than a Mojo, what good is that cable anyways? I've never seen another unit that takes a coax input via 3.5mm.

Plus, if you use that cable, you lose all ability to charge while in use right?

What am I missing? I don't see much use for the cable.

You are right. If you do not have the special szenario of pairing with Mojo or a similar COAX Input device, this cable is useless.
Thats why I am not further promoting this KS, I have no use of this stretch goal as most of the others also I suppose.
Loading while Using the USB-C to coax cable is also not possible, yes.

Apr 24, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #1,176 of 6,859
Apr 24, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #1,177 of 6,859
You always have the option to use a USB type-c to micro usb OTG cable, for example Shanling L2 to get digital signal out of R3 to another DAC.

Apr 24, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #1,179 of 6,859
"one"?

who "one"?

"one" who?

"one" in general?

If you're gonna start talking about rational, logical, reasonable behavior regarding spending on a hobby, versus spending on a reliable car when this "one's" junker jeep is pretty much on its last legs, I am in the wrong forum, hahahahahahahaha.

Apr 24, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #1,180 of 6,859
Sadly, I retracted my pledge. As much as I want the R3 ( since it's not an android-based DAP), I couldn't justify buying it when I have a perfectly good N3.. When it comes to this hobby, one has to exercise some discipline, especially when one is a poor student.

Had the N3, great sound for the price, but my large hands played havoc with the capacitive buttons, and it just frustrated me too much. I know it had hiby link but believe it or not I don't carry my cell on me all the time. R3 will replace my broken ak70.

I understand, I was that poor student years ago. Restraint and responsibility are great traits that you just don't see that much here in the US especially with the 'younger' folks. Entitlement comes to mind in fact. When I see parents buying ipads for their 3 year old, I cringe. Gonna be a rude awakening for a lot of kids when they leave the nest and have to fend for themselves, in the real world. Ok back on topic :)

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #1,181 of 6,859
Had the N3, great sound for the price, but my large hands played havoc with the capacitive buttons, and it just frustrated me too much. I know it had hiby link but believe it or not I don't carry my cell on me all the time. R3 will replace my broken ak70.

I understand, I was that poor student years ago. Restraint and responsibility are great traits that you just don't see that much here in the US especially with the 'younger' folks. Entitlement comes to mind in fact. When I see parents buying ipads for their 3 year old, I cringe. Gonna be a rude awakening for a lot of kids when they leave the nest and have to fend for themselves, in the real world. Ok back on topic :)

Yeah, even with my girl hands I find the captive buttons frustrating to use.. but if I didn't have the N3, I definitely would've stuck with the R3.

But I had a moment of clarity, in the shower, of course... I saw myself ab'ing this against the N3, and then thinking, "***, I should've spent the money on food."

Apr 24, 2018 at 5:27 PM Post #1,182 of 6,859
"one"?

who "one"?

"one" who?

"one" in general?

If you're gonna start talking about rational, logical, reasonable behavior regarding spending on a hobby, versus spending on a reliable car when this "one's" junker jeep is pretty much on its last legs, I am in the wrong forum, hahahahahahahaha.
+1. Yes, me too. I have the N3 and the R6 and am still backing the R3. Why? Because I want to! I am very lucky that I have the disposable income and don’t spend it on any other vices. I admire your restraint for not spending money you don’t have on something you don’t need. Be patient, in the next 40!years you will have that resource

Apr 24, 2018 at 5:49 PM Post #1,183 of 6,859
It's the final count down!!

Apr 24, 2018 at 6:04 PM Post #1,184 of 6,859
Sadly, I retracted my pledge. As much as I want the R3 ( since it's not an android-based DAP), I couldn't justify buying it when I have a perfectly good N3.. When it comes to this hobby, one has to exercise some discipline, especially when one is a poor student.

@ Lost‍:

Yes it’s totally understandable & rent is a fairly large priority in our lives as are food & utility’s etc.
So makes absolute sense if you can live with your current option then down the road in a year or two when you’ve left the ranks of mind expansion & start your own must have start up & make your 1st Millin The you can satisfy the urge to scratch!
Hey in 9-12/18 months there’ll be an R1, R9, 11 & whatever much better in every way & likely less expensive as well.
I do understand as I was originally going to get the R6 a few mths back but the exchange rate killed the great deal it was on KS so I jumped @ this opportunity to get pretty much 90% of the R6 for maybe 70% off the price off, so um good till the next gen

Cheers...

Apr 24, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #1,185 of 6,859
couldn't justify buying it when I have a perfectly good N3.. When it comes to this hobby, one has to exercise some discipline, especially when one is a poor student.
Easier said than done! good for you that you could do it. I couldn't... :wink:

If you're gonna start talking about rational, logical, reasonable behavior regarding spending on a hobby, versus spending on a reliable car when this "one's" junker jeep is pretty much on its last legs, I am in the wrong forum.
100% agreed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back