The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Nov 13, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #6,001 of 6,859
At the end of the August price were reduced to 145$ on Aliexpress which I bought in that time. From what I see about R3 Pro, it comes with lot longer battery life and updated bluetooth and price seems going to be ~200$. I am really happy with my R3 but in that scenario I would possibly wait for Pro.

I'll probably just wait then. It's more of a want than a need. Although I'm curious how the sound signature of the Pro will be compared to the original as it looks like it will have two Cirrus DAC chips instead of the single ESS.

Nov 13, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #6,002 of 6,859
Firmware 3.4 Custom

3.4 International ver. (from Kickstarter);
3.4 Chinese ver. (from JD and so on, rename the file to r3.upt before updating)

1. corrected translation (Russian and English),
2. replaced the font with a new one by XVortex,
3. customized both themes (some pictures, icons, their locations, etc. were replaced), increased font size in some places. Main screen in second theme is based on the Hexagon theme by Steven Van Geert (see FB HiBy thread),
4. repaired choosing colors sliders in the second theme,
5. added adb (Android Debug Bridge),
6. replaced the index page when connected to PC via Wi-Fi (now always in English), changed sort order (folders go first, then files, in order of names: at the beginning the numbers, then Latin, then Russian) and the following file formats have been added: upt, txt, log, and t,
7. added a radio to the top bar and replaced the built-in chinese radio stations (40 stations now), others you can persanally add to radio.txt file and put it in the root of your sd card,
8. all binary files have been striped,
9. optimized all *png files,
10. removed unnecessary files and folders that are not used,
11. extended database limit to 65000 tracks,
12. automatically connecting to known Wi-Fi networks,
13. added automatically start playback after player is turning on (you should add in the root of sd card file key_settings.conf with "autoplay=1" line).

Last update: 11.11.2019
Tried the international version but get an error installing it.

Nov 13, 2019 at 11:45 PM Post #6,003 of 6,859
Tried the international version but get an error installing it.
Try the Chinese version... there's a reason why we stopped calling them the international and chinese versions and now just call them the bar and slash versions...

edit: That reason being that the regional distinction has long since been all mixed up :sweat_smile:

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 14, 2019 at 1:22 AM Post #6,004 of 6,859
now just call them the bar and slash versions...

Ok, I also added this info to description. :) And added links to original 3.4 FW and themes to one post.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #6,007 of 6,859
I'm about to choose a new dap after my old Xduoo X3 died. Earlier in this topic it was mentioned that it's possible to listen to internet radio on this device with the radio.txt method. Does the newest official firmware support this functionality? Is it reliable?
(Soma FM is the best)

If I get a device with a firmware like 3.4~ is it still possible to update to a Snoopy112 custom firmware?

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2019 at 5:57 AM Post #6,010 of 6,859
Just did an intro feature to the new R3 Pro which arrived on our desk a few days ago - more power in this one and a different sound signature.

https://headfonics.com/2019/11/hiby-r3-pro-first-contact/

DSCF2197-1.jpg

Nov 16, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #6,012 of 6,859
Is there a hope we'll get UAT and APTX HD codecs for R3 any time soon?

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #6,014 of 6,859
R3 already supports UAT.
I don't see it in my player. There are just LDAC, APTX and SBC.

I was told that 3.4 FW makes the sound cleaner with less bass. Where can I get v.2.1 FW if I want to go back to it?

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2019 at 4:18 PM Post #6,015 of 6,859

Users who are viewing this thread

Back