The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Sep 28, 2019 at 7:30 AM Post #5,882 of 6,859
@Snoopy112: when I flash your latest FW over off. 3.3, the R3 keeps rebooting... Do you have any idea what causes this? Thanks...
Btw, thanks again for your efforts on your custom fw!

@Snoopy112 - Have the same issue. It appears to be triggered by the WiFi connection. When I did a factory reset, it worked until I connected it to my WiFi (2.4 GHz) and then began rebooting about 5 seconds after. I have recovered back to stock but would like to use the custom firmware if there is a fix.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2019 at 5:59 AM Post #5,883 of 6,859
Recently got the Hiby r3. When using as a Bluetooth receiver it works fine for say 10mins then the audio stops and the r3 is not responsive until long press power button reboots it. Have anyone faced similar issue any time?

Sep 29, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #5,885 of 6,859
@Snoopy112 - Have the same issue. It appears to be triggered by the WiFi connection. When I did a factory reset, it worked until I connected it to my WiFi (2.4 GHz) and then began rebooting about 5 seconds after. I have recovered back to stock but would like to use the custom firmware if there is a fix.

Ok, I’ll try to fix it tomorrow and send you fixed custom to test...

Sep 29, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #5,886 of 6,859
Sep 29, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #5,888 of 6,859
After this foray into the current overseas market for a digital player, I can solidly see one commonality with both units/companies involved. Both starting with “H”.
Yes, obviously a lack of North American service in place.

But most forward in my mind is the price point to features aspect. As a buyer, I sought more than was perhaps realistic to expect in the $200 range. Seeing this available in the sales descriptions took me off point of what I really wanted.

- wanted good quality sound.
- wanted solid construction
- wanted good function and controls

Then, I got sidetracked by Bluetooth and WiFi and Yadayada. Then firmware and bugs and glitches soured it completely.

I personally don’t have to have those features to enjoy quality sound with a decent set of iems or buds. So, I’m redefining my search in the $200 range to be more focused on what I really want.
This revelation came today sitting on the porch with a new set of iBasso iems running against my old iPod and fiio amp. It was wonderful. Not fabulous, but leagues better than I had.

Onward. I suppose my statement here is that I was less educated than I needed to be and therefore less able to make a well informed purchase.

Soapbox .....

Sep 29, 2019 at 11:09 PM Post #5,889 of 6,859
After this foray into the current overseas market for a digital player, I can solidly see one commonality with both units/companies involved. Both starting with “H”.
Yes, obviously a lack of North American service in place.

But most forward in my mind is the price point to features aspect. As a buyer, I sought more than was perhaps realistic to expect in the $200 range. Seeing this available in the sales descriptions took me off point of what I really wanted.

- wanted good quality sound.
- wanted solid construction
- wanted good function and controls

Then, I got sidetracked by Bluetooth and WiFi and Yadayada. Then firmware and bugs and glitches soured it completely.

I personally don’t have to have those features to enjoy quality sound with a decent set of iems or buds. So, I’m redefining my search in the $200 range to be more focused on what I really want.
This revelation came today sitting on the porch with a new set of iBasso iems running against my old iPod and fiio amp. It was wonderful. Not fabulous, but leagues better than I had.

Onward. I suppose my statement here is that I was less educated than I needed to be and therefore less able to make a well informed purchase.

Soapbox .....
There's plenty of users here using the R3 as simply an offline iPod replacement and it does that great without needing an external amp. I'm sorry that you got a lemon but you did get it refunded direct from Amazon as I said you could.

We are serviced by Musicteck in the US. Fire an email to info@musicteck.com if you want. They may be the one servicing your Amazon return right now if you bought from here: https://www.amazon.com/stores/node/18266039011

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 30, 2019 at 7:09 AM Post #5,891 of 6,859
@rjerwa
I totally get it -- you got a bad unit and you're pretty upset about it. The company seems to have stepped up after some initial missteps and poor communication, and I would hope you could give them some credit for that.

I certainly consider the sound and construction of the R3 to be more than worth the money I paid for it, and the functionality is very good. I wish the last firmware hadn't been a bit of a dog to the point that I had to downgrade, but I'm sure Hiby will get that sorted out. I also really appreciate @Snoopy112's efforts with the custom FW, I wish Hiby would incorporate them and pay him some money (or give him an R5 or something). I like my old iPods, but I'll take the R3 over them any day due to the added features it has. @Joe Bloggs has been very active in this forum, and I appreciate his help and efforts on our behalf.

Sep 30, 2019 at 7:11 AM Post #5,892 of 6,859
Does anyone have use R3 with Mojo via USB? Is it a nice combo?
I use R3+Mojo (usb) attached together with a velcro strap (both are almost the same size) with my over-ears. I love this combination, noticeably better than Shanling M0+Mojo. But I think R3 sounds already so acceptably good without Mojo that I don't use this combination with iems.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2019 at 7:16 AM Post #5,893 of 6,859
I use R3+Mojo attached together with a velcro strap (both are almost the same size) with my over-ears. I love this combination, noticeably better than Shanling M0+Mojo. I think R3 sounds already so acceptably good without Mojo that I don't use this combination with iems.
Thanks for reply. Do you connect your Hiby R3 to Mojo,s COAX or USB?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back