The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Aug 27, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #5,763 of 6,859
Just bought an R3 today from the AliExpress sale so I figure I should subscribe, Great price BTW!

Welcome aboard. I got mine a couple of months ago. Perhaps because this has now been about for a while, you'll notice that there no longer seems to be a lot of traffic on this particular forum. The one nice surprise I found on here, is a firmware update that is shared by forum member Snoopy112. The layout is a little nicer and it also allows us to add more than the 20.000 song limit.

I've tried three charging cables. I'll try a few more. They all work in other devices and have worked in this in the past. So far, it seems to just be dead :frowning2:

While pugged in, (in charging mode) are you able to determine the charging percentage? Worste case situation, perhaps you can still use the unit while plugged in. Also, the light on the side (between the power and volume buttons)... when the cord is not attached, what color is it? This also might identify the problem. The only thing I can suggest is trying a hard-restart

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019 at 10:19 PM Post #5,765 of 6,859
Welcome aboard. I got mine a couple of months ago. Perhaps because this has now been about for a while, you'll notice that there no longer seems to be a lot of traffic on this particular forum. The one nice surprise I found on here, is a firmware update that is shared by forum member Snoopy112. The layout is a little nicer and it also allows us to add more than the 20.000 song limit.

While pugged in, (in charging mode) are you able to determine the charging percentage? Worste case situation, perhaps you can still use the unit while plugged in. Also, the light on the side (between the power and volume buttons)... when the cord is not attached, what color is it? This also might identify the problem. The only thing I can suggest is trying a hard-restart
I bought it because my R6 Pro won't do MQA and by the sounds of the replys in the R6 Pro forum it may never. I have quite a few MQA albums I've bought and would like to hear them correctly.

Aug 29, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #5,767 of 6,859
looks like the ap80 with latest firmware also has the hiby bug--playback error -13. And have to manually set bt to sbc with supported devices.

So better stick to fw 3.1 if you use bt.

Aug 30, 2019 at 3:24 AM Post #5,768 of 6,859
So i just bought the Shanling usb-c to micro usb cable to connect my Burson Conductor Air DAC/Headphone amp with the Hiby R3 but it doesn't work.
I mean,the Hiby R3 recognizes the Burson because i'm getting the message that a usb device is connected but there's no sound when i connect my Tin audio T3 IEM to the Burson.
What settings do i choose on the Hiby??
I tried putting the USB mode in transport,audio and dock but nothing works.
Any suggestions what the exact method is to get it to work??

Aug 30, 2019 at 7:11 AM Post #5,769 of 6,859
So i just bought the Shanling usb-c to micro usb cable to connect my Burson Conductor Air DAC/Headphone amp with the Hiby R3 but it doesn't work.
I mean,the Hiby R3 recognizes the Burson because i'm getting the message that a usb device is connected but there's no sound when i connect my Tin audio T3 IEM to the Burson.
What settings do i choose on the Hiby??
I tried putting the USB mode in transport,audio and dock but nothing works.
Any suggestions what the exact method is to get it to work??

Nvermind guys,the volume on the Hiby itself was to low to hear anything from the Burson so it's all good now.I must say this combo is killer between the Burson Conductor Air,Hiby R3 and the Tin Audio T3 IEM's.

Aug 30, 2019 at 8:52 AM Post #5,770 of 6,859
Nvermind guys,the volume on the Hiby itself was to low to hear anything from the Burson so it's all good now.I must say this combo is killer between the Burson Conductor Air,Hiby R3 and the Tin Audio T3 IEM's.

I was going to suggest checking the volume was turned up but I thought it may be a bit insulting. Just goes to show its often the obvious. :)

Aug 30, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #5,771 of 6,859
Yes, the R3 is a nifty little transport!
For best SQ set it to 100% volume and switch off the EQ and MSEB, then all digital processing is bypassed in the R3.

Aug 31, 2019 at 3:26 AM Post #5,772 of 6,859
Yes, the R3 is a nifty little transport!
For best SQ set it to 100% volume and switch off the EQ and MSEB, then all digital processing is bypassed in the R3.

Ok will do,thank you very much for the suggestions!!

Sep 1, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #5,773 of 6,859
I watched review about Hiby R3 having roll off or something like cut off in bass under 80Hz, is it true? This guy told also that shanling M0 and Fiio M6 and even Note 9 sound better. I am now really curious what should i buy Hiby or Fiio M6.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #5,774 of 6,859
We all have different ears, so it is possible that some guy may prefer Shanling M0 over R3. But not for me and many others I know... R3 sounds much better. I can listen sometimes to HiBy R3 without Chord Mojo as DAC/Amp and I am still satisfied.
Since I bought R3 I put my Shanling M0 into a bottom drawer, forgot about it and never used it again. Thanks for reminder to sell my M0 :)

Sep 1, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #5,775 of 6,859
We all have different ears, so it is possible that some guy may prefer Shanling M0 over R3. But not for me and many others I know... R3 sounds much better. I can listen sometimes to HiBy R3 without Chord Mojo as DAC/Amp and I am still satisfied.
Since I bought R3 I put my Shanling M0 into a bottom drawer, forgot about it and never used it again. Thanks for reminder to sell my M0 :)
It is more like, i am kind of bass head and it is game changer for me if dap would cut off fr under 80Hz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back