The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Apr 3, 2019 at 3:38 AM Post #5,342 of 6,859
:) 20190403_091509.jpg

Apr 4, 2019 at 5:34 AM Post #5,345 of 6,859
I've just taken delivery of an R3 and for the life of me I cannot access the settings men
I've just taken delivery of an R3 and am in the process go updating the firmware. Does the current version include all of the previous updates or do I have to install all of them separately first?

OK! Fixed it. Had initial problems with OTA, but now installing perfectly!

Apr 4, 2019 at 8:15 AM Post #5,346 of 6,859
I've just taken delivery of an R3 and am in the process go updating the firmware. Does the current version include all of the previous updates or do I have to install all of them separately first?
Each version completely replaces what was there before, so you only have to update to that. The modified firmware (search the thread for the link) is a great upgrade, I highly recommend it.

Apr 4, 2019 at 9:10 AM Post #5,347 of 6,859
Snoopy112,

Thanks for the very nice 3.0 update. I appreciate all of the great work. Tidal works really well. Very snappy response!

I cannot get Qobuz to play any tracks. I can login to my Qobuz account and view and browse my albums. I get an HTTP error 400 when I try to play any track from Qobuz.

I have done a factory reset and reconnected my WiFi and signed back in to my Tidal and Qobuz accounts but still no luck.

Any other suggestions on getting Qobuz to play tracks? Anyone able to play tracks from their Qobuz account?

Thanks!
You can get Qobuz? I've just today received mine and updated to 3.0 and there's no sign of Qobuz. I see Tidal, so Qobuz can't be far away. I'm also disappointed that my SACD ISO files are not recognised.

Apr 4, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #5,348 of 6,859
You can get Qobuz? I've just today received mine and updated to 3.0 and there's no sign of Qobuz. I see Tidal, so Qobuz can't be far away. I'm also disappointed that my SACD ISO files are not recognised.

Wasn't far out saying that Qobuz wouldn't' be far from Tidal. It's embedded into it. Plays well enough with connected headphones, but BT is another matter completely. I've got my SACD ISO's working as well. It was a SD issue. Still having BT issues though.

Apr 6, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #5,349 of 6,859
Can anyone share some input with regards to the Fiio M6 vs Hiby R3? i suppose R3 will have better sound and has balanced mode, but lags behind in battery life and display resolution. My doubt comes with regards to UI fluidity and general performance, cause I've heard complains about Fiio M6

Apr 8, 2019 at 12:25 AM Post #5,351 of 6,859
Regarding Mqa on the R3.
Does anyone have an idea or information about how often the r3 can "unfold" mqa files?
Is it once, like phones as iPhone, or is ist 2 or 3 times as real hardware decoders?

I did not find any information about this, even hiby doesn't reply .

No one has an idea on the mqa unfolding?
@Joe Bloggs, @fanoble do you have more Information on that?

Apr 8, 2019 at 5:29 AM Post #5,352 of 6,859
Can anyone share some input with regards to the Fiio M6 vs Hiby R3? i suppose R3 will have better sound and has balanced mode, but lags behind in battery life and display resolution. My doubt comes with regards to UI fluidity and general performance, cause I've heard complains about Fiio M6

There have been quite a few comparisons, did you use the search?
The R3 screen is actually very good, resolution for this size is totally adequate IMO, we are not watching movies on this little screen anyways and everything is clear, smooth and has good contrast and saturation.
UI is also adequate IMO - but not perfect. It can be slow and there are some quirks like shuffle not being really random and the abysmal keyboard, reminescent of the old mobile phone keyboards with 3 letters assigned to each key.
That's acceptable for entering the Wifi password (but still annoying) but totally inadequate for frequent use with Tidal search.
Aside from that it's a nice little DAP :)

Apr 8, 2019 at 7:00 AM Post #5,353 of 6,859
I agree with everything Surfgeorge has posted above. The Biggie though is that the R3 SOUNDS way above its place. That should be the heaviest weighted factor in a decision for purchase. It's sound is so good you want to pair it with a nice cord like my balanced ALO/Campfire Pure Silver Litz. Then it just sings!

Apr 8, 2019 at 7:55 AM Post #5,354 of 6,859
I agree with everything Surfgeorge has posted above. The Biggie though is that the R3 SOUNDS way above its place. That should be the heaviest weighted factor in a decision for purchase. It's sound is so good you want to pair it with a nice cord like my balanced ALO/Campfire Pure Silver Litz. Then it just sings!

That is high praise from someone with such an impressive list of high end equipment!
I have mostly used it purely as digital source to the Mojo, but gave it a listen and it sounds indeed very clean and clear, with good sparkle in the treble! It doesn't have the liquid smoothness and deeply engaging sound of the Mojo, but it's actually not that far off and VERY enjoyable! I like the treble sparkle :)

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #5,355 of 6,859
I want a DAP that random shuffles all my music.I read the Hiby had issues with random play on all music.Was told it kept playing the same songs over and over. Has this issue been fixed yet with a firmware? The random issue would be a deal breaker for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back