The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jul 13, 2018 at 1:31 AM Post #3,586 of 6,859
From the Shanling M0 thead..... this is a quote not my words. The conversation had mentioned Hiby link.....

"Ghost town in R3 thread? Where is Joe? I noticed that their Instagram is dead, Facebook also kind of quiet, but saw some part of their team this sunday at Shenzhen audio show."

I have a bad habit. As a former securities analyst, I sometimes jump to conclusions about the health of companies with only limited information. And my spider sense at the moment is not particularly happy with the situation. I would love to be very, very, very wrong.

Well, I hope HiBy management takes the phone call from a competitor (and most likely a previous customer-Cayin would be a good choice) if that lifeline is extended.

HiBy, please check in with us. All can be forgiven ....

Same here, when no one takes 10 min to comment issues or provide updates of promised features it is not a good sign. It can be done from anywhere.
usually its either because theres no answer to be given, no one would take responsibility for it or bigger things. I cant imagine hiby is so big that they dont know what the others are doing.

The user group is closed with no real answers, kickstarter comments says to email "service" so issues with devices are contained.

I would imagine when you are releasing a new product worldwide you would pay close attention to feedback coming in. It is very hard to rectify negativity, justified or not.

Jul 13, 2018 at 2:45 AM Post #3,587 of 6,859
I use mp3tag or jriver to create playlist. In mp3tag just drag every folder to the program and then save playlist all files. I save it in "AA_playlist" folder so I dont have to scroll too much for it.

The playlist is ordered alphabetically and can be shuffled. It it the only way I can shuffle or scroll all songs on this thing.

it is annoying Files->micro sd->AA_playlist-mp3tag.m3u , First time it takes 30-40 sec to load, after that its quick.

Should not be doing this on a 180$ device
Thanks, creating the playlist is not the issue. Where would i put the playlist on the device? I've tried the root directory of the microsd and the directory where i have the files stored and the R3 can't find it to open it. is there a special area in which you store it on the device?

Jul 13, 2018 at 2:48 AM Post #3,588 of 6,859
Thanks, creating the playlist is not the issue. Where would i put the playlist on the device? I've tried the root directory of the microsd and the directory where i have the files stored and the R3 can't find it to open it. is there a special area in which you store it on the device?

You can put it in root, or folder. But in mp3tag, or other programs, you have to save it to that folder not move it after. Also use files to select it. It does not show up in playlist tab on the r3

Jul 13, 2018 at 3:16 AM Post #3,589 of 6,859
Edit...

playlist does not work either with øæå or other characters as well.

It just replaces them with chinese ones, and playback failed and skips to next song in shuffle.

Really? No way to shuffle or select an "all" song without problems hiby?

Jul 13, 2018 at 4:20 AM Post #3,590 of 6,859
Same here, when no one takes 10 min to comment issues or provide updates of promised features it is not a good sign. It can be done from anywhere.
usually its either because theres no answer to be given, no one would take responsibility for it or bigger things. I cant imagine hiby is so big that they dont know what the others are doing.

The user group is closed with no real answers, kickstarter comments says to email "service" so issues with devices are contained.

I would imagine when you are releasing a new product worldwide you would pay close attention to feedback coming in. It is very hard to rectify negativity, justified or not.

Normally there is a hypercare phase with every new release of a product.. that contains focussing on the testers or customers, fixing issues and supporting the people who have trouble with the product in a fast way.
somehow Hiby missed this important step :)

Jul 13, 2018 at 6:10 AM Post #3,591 of 6,859
The R3 does not display album covers in case of wav files...Is there a solution?
In the past for some other players that was easy to solve the issue with adding a cover.jpeg into the album folder.

Jul 13, 2018 at 6:48 AM Post #3,592 of 6,859
Edit...

playlist does not work either with øæå or other characters as well.

It just replaces them with chinese ones, and playback failed and skips to next song in shuffle.

Really? No way to shuffle or select an "all" song without problems hiby?

Look up my post a few up. Make a playlist using hiby link It temp solve the problem until hiby fix it. I shuffle all songs no problem

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2018 at 8:58 AM Post #3,593 of 6,859
Look up my post a few up. Make a playlist using hiby link It temp solve the problem until hiby fix it. I shuffle all songs no problem
well, i tried that with my 16800 files. Created all song playlist, after 15 min the r3 was stuck on 5040. Then tried some more and hiby on the phone had same all scroll issue as the r3 and laggy.
Finally got to add 3 problematic songs to playlist and it worked after 30 min.

In hiby app on the phone if you select all files, why does it only select 600 files at a time? having to untick and reselect for 5 minutes to get all.

Better stop now before I throw the r3 out the window.

Jul 13, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #3,594 of 6,859
well, i tried that with my 16800 files. Created all song playlist, after 15 min the r3 was stuck on 5040. Then tried some more and hiby on the phone had same all scroll issue as the r3 and laggy.
Finally got to add 3 problematic songs to playlist and it worked after 30 min.

In hiby app on the phone if you select all files, why does it only select 600 files at a time? having to untick and reselect for 5 minutes to get all.

Better stop now before I throw the r3 out the window.
Mine went OK. Maybe it's the 15000 limit

Jul 13, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #3,596 of 6,859
I dropped my R3 for the 3rd time now, good thing only the tempered glass was broken

Same here, though I have the applied default screen protector on mine. No scratch and no issues :)[/QUOTE]

Jul 13, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #3,598 of 6,859
I have 14,00 files or so but when i create a playlist on Hiby Link it doesn't mirror to the R3 or disappears once the connection is lost. Same issues with Hiby link as mikp. Playlist sticks at 5000 or so files. Disconnect and then try to reconnect and it just sticks on reconnecting. Frustrating as hell.

Jul 13, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #3,600 of 6,859
I have 14,00 files or so but when i create a playlist on Hiby Link it doesn't mirror to the R3 or disappears once the connection is lost. Same issues with Hiby link as mikp. Playlist sticks at 5000 or so files. Disconnect and then try to reconnect and it just sticks on reconnecting. Frustrating as hell.
Are you guys clicking the hiby link in wireless settings of R3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back