The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jul 9, 2018 at 1:41 AM Post #3,481 of 6,859
Tidal, I have a free membership, I tried saving a few albums to favourites and when I select an album only the odd no’s load (1/3/5/7). So if I saved 8 albums 4 will load not the even no’s though??? If I try search new tracks that seems fine, I also get sign up for subscription screen regularly too. Is there anything that makes a paid tidal membership worthwhile? Or is the implementation of it just a steaming pile of crap on the r3?

Jul 9, 2018 at 2:36 AM Post #3,482 of 6,859
To the people who are having problems connecting to wifi...
I connect flawlessly with the R3 to my router, so I thought "maybe I can recreate the problem"
My current configuration is forced WPA2 PSK with AES and dualband with name sharing.
So after trying various configurations I got an answer.
The default and most common configuration wich by the way is very known to give problems to many other devices, gave me the same problem all of you are having.
Using a compatibility mode made by (WPA/WPA2 and TKIP/AES) all at the same time, recreate the same issue.
As a recomendation to all of you, WPA and TKIP are very old and insecure protocols, so if you can solve your problem changing these parameters and securing your network at the same time, you are making yourself a favor.
Hope this can help solving the problem.

Jul 9, 2018 at 2:43 AM Post #3,483 of 6,859
Or is the implementation of it just a steaming pile of crap on the r3?
lol. Sorry, I guess it's not funny. Boy oh boy, this has turned into a nightmare for HiBy. To add gas to the fire, it seems everyone now thinks the Shanling MO kicks the R3's ass. Yikes!
I really like HiBy. I like their products and love the HiBy app. When I get my R3, I will only be using it as a transport. I think I will be a happy camper.
fPRvmQceXEV9qtO2pw1KviPlN7bdSEO498hjQwKt0s8qmzd_9EiotIzEIFoGH9MBG6SL9WJ1RDfzLlZVr5jbeW4_sDJKLgC5bqqP4BIhKH1_CDTSTnUfkvN_w06a1xI3gNv_XSwqnwDUI0YBnWvaVsQ-LCEDFE_roT_y9osXjJwFsi2ZQQNGr8VTR0Ee44pIXBQZ5lrPgvziUYsajGV6GKUXzlNfSziiwCMtEfzmizLdrbBfppv4Gz_qMjYhg1wjLC0aW4qGHk3rtnUcVroPgAhAvOc3wZ5WcniMV1CMpyNm89c-ZtIyFu5ZmHhpKZXyHtxlibRt-OeyhFt4r4PkVdN3i3_Wv2g9RgZ7eSpOgepqX602TUpD3zrrBURlY_oZAgDP1tAKnBiOZtxiH9sc6gysYTasbex2KlCtVU9bhedny-csH-a0fsa1IE-VvM2K0Pg0lHj1ck1XfNVAjfjJMGa40IGAyFBgZwI-waKeqMKzbYSHndIct-41-S2PsGPYh94UiCTSwPpts6iW5CBsCAIqOv7R27qcdNIImiBpxX5eTN6sYP_wWygndDNYQZqrBDa0XozzrLADLiB7a8tCaag1zghTRsksIaVQiUU=w36-h18-no

Jul 9, 2018 at 2:51 AM Post #3,484 of 6,859
lol. Sorry, I guess it's not funny. Boy oh boy, this has turned into a nightmare for HiBy. To add gas to the fire, it seems everyone now thinks the Shanling MO kicks the R3's ass. Yikes!
I really like HiBy. I like their products and love the HiBy app. When I get my R3, I will only be using it as a transport. I think I will be a happy camper.
fPRvmQceXEV9qtO2pw1KviPlN7bdSEO498hjQwKt0s8qmzd_9EiotIzEIFoGH9MBG6SL9WJ1RDfzLlZVr5jbeW4_sDJKLgC5bqqP4BIhKH1_CDTSTnUfkvN_w06a1xI3gNv_XSwqnwDUI0YBnWvaVsQ-LCEDFE_roT_y9osXjJwFsi2ZQQNGr8VTR0Ee44pIXBQZ5lrPgvziUYsajGV6GKUXzlNfSziiwCMtEfzmizLdrbBfppv4Gz_qMjYhg1wjLC0aW4qGHk3rtnUcVroPgAhAvOc3wZ5WcniMV1CMpyNm89c-ZtIyFu5ZmHhpKZXyHtxlibRt-OeyhFt4r4PkVdN3i3_Wv2g9RgZ7eSpOgepqX602TUpD3zrrBURlY_oZAgDP1tAKnBiOZtxiH9sc6gysYTasbex2KlCtVU9bhedny-csH-a0fsa1IE-VvM2K0Pg0lHj1ck1XfNVAjfjJMGa40IGAyFBgZwI-waKeqMKzbYSHndIct-41-S2PsGPYh94UiCTSwPpts6iW5CBsCAIqOv7R27qcdNIImiBpxX5eTN6sYP_wWygndDNYQZqrBDa0XozzrLADLiB7a8tCaag1zghTRsksIaVQiUU=w36-h18-no
I never bought r3 for tidal, I got it as transport for mojo if I’m honest. Really happy with it apart from tidal debacle, in fact, I’m not even using mojo with it as it pairs really well with almost all of my head/earphones/iems. Just such a shame that they missed by a mile with tidal. Hoping for the convenience of Spotify to make up for it though.

Jul 9, 2018 at 3:09 AM Post #3,485 of 6,859
I never bought r3 for tidal, I got it as transport for mojo if I’m honest. Really happy with it apart from tidal debacle, in fact, I’m not even using mojo with it as it pairs really well with almost all of my head/earphones/iems. Just such a shame that they missed by a mile with tidal. Hoping for the convenience of Spotify to make up for it though.
That's good to hear. I will be hooking mine into a iFi iDSD Micro BL.

Jul 9, 2018 at 3:18 AM Post #3,487 of 6,859
Guys, was able to connect to my 2.4gHz WiFi connection. The R3 just doesn't see the 5.0 gHz connection at all!
I tried Tidal and it says "Playback Failed"
Anyone else ran into the same issue?

Yes same problem when I tried past Mon aft it only showed my 2.4ghz & could see my 5 ghz, strange that...

I’d prefer it to connect to my 5.G connection than the 2.4 but it’s connected & working...

Jul 9, 2018 at 3:29 AM Post #3,488 of 6,859
Well, I've done some experimenting with the resizing of my library on my SD card and it seems the shuffle problem occurs around the 8000 file mark. Every size i tested under 8000 worked fine. Once i exceeded 8000 , songs with special characters and numbers start repeating multiple times. Seems the player is not able to shuffle libraries of 8000 or more properly. Hope this can be fixed in firmware update.

Well, I tried with 7616 files, and still hangs. First on ü ( Überwagner Or A Billion Bubbles In My Mind) after fixing tag on that one, it hangs on ø.

Jul 9, 2018 at 4:07 AM Post #3,492 of 6,859
I was struggling for 2 days with my wifi.. and tried changing every bit of it.. until i looked it up on the kickstarter page.. I thought something was wrong or too restrictive with my 5GHz XD

Thx.

But my issue was when I got it last week & tried the wifi & it wouldn’t connect I went out to a cafe & it connected with their own net/pw right away.
So I went home & tried again didn’t work but then I realized I had recently upgraded to Hi Speed service & since I rarely have the need to use the pw I forgot that I had a new pw.
Had been trying the old one so as soon as I used my new pw it connected right away, so it was my memory lapse that was giving me problems not the R3/Network connectivity.

Sometimes it’s just the simplest things that to blame...

Jul 9, 2018 at 8:44 AM Post #3,494 of 6,859
although i do enjoy R3 sound quality, i think the absent of dedicated amp stage do affect the low end a bit, it just feel artificial sometimes...other than that really liking the player.
im hoping someone to do comparison with cayin n3, was gonna get that before seeing R3 kickstarter.

as far as i know only @Hawaiibadboy has both player...would like to see he's comparison of R3 and N3 and if im correct about dedicated amp and bass concern.

Jul 9, 2018 at 9:26 AM Post #3,495 of 6,859
To the people who are having problems connecting to wifi...
I connect flawlessly with the R3 to my router, so I thought "maybe I can recreate the problem"
My current configuration is forced WPA2 PSK with AES and dualband with name sharing.
So after trying various configurations I got an answer.
The default and most common configuration wich by the way is very known to give problems to many other devices, gave me the same problem all of you are having.
Using a compatibility mode made by (WPA/WPA2 and TKIP/AES) all at the same time, recreate the same issue.
As a recomendation to all of you, WPA and TKIP are very old and insecure protocols, so if you can solve your problem changing these parameters and securing your network at the same time, you are making yourself a favor.
Hope this can help solving the problem.

My router is dual-band 2.4 and 5 GHz, with WPA2-PSK AES.
My R3 will not connect at all, yet it will connect to my iphone se if I use it in hotspot mode.
Any other thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back