The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jun 2, 2018 at 3:33 AM Post #1,846 of 6,872
I’m just ahead of you mid 1200’s
I imagine your right, should t take too long.

The M0 does look nice & price is right but for my eyes it’s just too small.
I like a bit more hand holdable readable real estate while still being small lightweight & portable with great sound.

Also rather than buying multiples of DAP’s atm I’d rather spend my $ & buy multiples of great sounding headphones, so I can enjoy my audio tailored that way.

Will see what great & interesting audio products that lure our rare$ out of our sheltered banks accounts...
Lol I didn’t list the seven headphones or multiple IEMs

Jun 2, 2018 at 3:53 AM Post #1,847 of 6,872
New update from Hiby:

"@all the backers, we are really sorry about the shipping delay, we will start to ship out the KS orders today, we should have some tracking numbers in early next week. We are doing our best to speed up the shipping process. But we need some time to process all the order information and pack the orders. Thank you for your patience."

So looks like it's gonna happen soon.

Jun 2, 2018 at 4:03 AM Post #1,849 of 6,872
New update from Hiby:

"@all the backers, we are really sorry about the shipping delay, we will start to ship out the KS orders today, we should have some tracking numbers in early next week. We are doing our best to speed up the shipping process. But we need some time to process all the order information and pack the orders. Thank you for your patience."

So looks like it's gonna happen soon.

WELL!
That’s GR8 News! Bring It On Mr R3,
Were ALL WAITING Your Arrival...

Jun 2, 2018 at 4:05 AM Post #1,850 of 6,872
Give the Shanling M0 a try. I did why waiting for R3

Just ordered the Shanling M2s from a German ebay shop, meaning I will probably have it mid next week. That is really exiting. Now I am a multiple DAP owner :)

Jun 2, 2018 at 4:05 AM Post #1,851 of 6,872
I'm around the 900 mark so will let you guys know when mine arrives.

It takes about a week or so after being notified when your Dap was on the way.
That was the gap in time with the R6.

FM just to warn you the battery last only about 8 or 9 hours.
I had the cowon Plenue which had a claimed 100hrs of playtime. Not sure why this R3 model is so short.
Maybe Hiby needs a craft beer or two.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2018 at 4:22 AM Post #1,854 of 6,872
I'm around the 900 mark so will let you guys know when mine arrives.

It takes about a week or so after being notified.
That was the gap in time with the R6.

FM just to warn you the battery last only about 8 or 9 hours.
I had the cowon Plenue which had a claimed 100hrs of playtime. Not sure why this R3 model is so short.
Maybe Hiby needs a craft beer or two.

VMan Thx for the heads up,

I always carry a battery bank in my camera bag jik.
I’m currently using a v small Griffin BT Receiver for my corded headphones & it last about the same, so when I’m out for coffee etc I get about 3-4+ HRs out of it for maybe 2 days then it needs charging if I don’t was t it to die & have to bump it up with juice from my bank.
So after the 2nd day of use I always charge it when I get home, no problem it is what it is a very small battery.

So I’ll see how the R3 goes, I guess it all depends on volume levels screen use etc, but if I can get 2-3 days of maybe 4-6 HRs a day I’ll be ok with that always having my bank with me.

In a way that does kinda concern me tho cuz if your always running thru the juice on such a small limited capacity battery it seems to me that it will lose its useful life span & die faster than a larger battery you wouldn’t have to charge as much!

As I say I don’t know about that, just seems logical to my over worked brain.

Never mind Hiby I think I need that craft beer now!

Take a listen to another one of my all time favourites from ‘69 & I saw them person it live here then!
From their Debut LP ‘Chicago Transit Authority’ [later renamed Chicago, yes the very same Top 40 MOR AM Radio Pop Kings!]

‘Southern California Purples’ & their cover of Steve Wineood’s Classic, ‘I’m A Man’

Absolutely Fantastic Debut LO, along the lines of the early BS&T, Electric Flag etc!

Play Southern California Purples LOUD!!!

Cheers...

Jun 2, 2018 at 4:22 AM Post #1,855 of 6,872
I think the GUI on the M2 is a bit naf.
The R3 uses the Hiby app modified to go onto the R3.
So you could download the Hiby app onto your phone to get a heads up on how to use it.
I have the Hiby app on my phone since I backed the R3 a month ago :ksc75smile:.

Jun 2, 2018 at 4:27 AM Post #1,856 of 6,872
Thx VMan, I’ve had it for a while now since I backed the R3 as well, but there are some bugs in it where it shows a diff title/artist etc than what’s actually being played.
I’m sure it doesn’t do it on the R6 or R3 but maybe it’s Apple as many things are they don’t really play well with others, their iTunes UI is a mess as is their iTunes DL Store had A LOT Of Problems & Issues with Them, Requiring HRs & HRs on the phone with iTunes Reps & they’re kinda clueless half the time!!!

Jun 2, 2018 at 5:14 AM Post #1,857 of 6,872
Thx VMan, I’ve had it for a while now since I backed the R3 as well, but there are some bugs in it where it shows a diff title/artist etc than what’s actually being played.
I’m sure it doesn’t do it on the R6 or R3 but maybe it’s Apple as many things are they don’t really play well with others, their iTunes UI is a mess as is their iTunes DL Store had A LOT Of Problems & Issues with Them, Requiring HRs & HRs on the phone with iTunes Reps & they’re kinda clueless half the time!!!

They have just rolled out an update on the Hiby app. Not sure if its on the IOS. Sorts out the album art issue.
I use Poweramp on my phone but thats having a few issues now on a latest aplha.

Jun 2, 2018 at 5:20 AM Post #1,858 of 6,872
VMan Thx for the heads up,

I always carry a battery bank in my camera bag jik.
I’m currently using a v small Griffin BT Receiver for my corded headphones & it last about the same, so when I’m out for coffee etc I get about 3-4+ HRs out of it for maybe 2 days then it needs charging if I don’t was t it to die & have to bump it up with juice from my bank.
So after the 2nd day of use I always charge it when I get home, no problem it is what it is a very small battery.

So I’ll see how the R3 goes, I guess it all depends on volume levels screen use etc, but if I can get 2-3 days of maybe 4-6 HRs a day I’ll be ok with that always having my bank with me.

In a way that does kinda concern me tho cuz if your always running thru the juice on such a small limited capacity battery it seems to me that it will lose its useful life span & die faster than a larger battery you wouldn’t have to charge as much!

As I say I don’t know about that, just seems logical to my over worked brain.

Never mind Hiby I think I need that craft beer now!

Take a listen to another one of my all time favourites from ‘69 & I saw them person it live here then!
From their Debut LP ‘Chicago Transit Authority’ [later renamed Chicago, yes the very same Top 40 MOR AM Radio Pop Kings!]

‘Southern California Purples’ & their cover of Steve Wineood’s Classic, ‘I’m A Man’

Absolutely Fantastic Debut LO, along the lines of the early BS&T, Electric Flag etc!

Play Southern California Purples LOUD!!!

Cheers...

Battery banks. Now a must have. Funny how in the 60's 70's we didnt need a phone.
Then the Walkman came out. ha ha how many of those did I have.
Then my first DAP the Iriver Hp140. That was a good machine

My first Chicago album was No10 Its the chocolate bar front cover.

I will check out the CTA album.

Jun 2, 2018 at 5:28 AM Post #1,859 of 6,872
VMan, Thx, I check put the update.

Yes I agree, the Long & Winding Road!’ Ha, what a journey...

I went to HK & Japan early 80’s right when the 1st Walkman came out & it wad a very liberating experience that most here won’t appreciate!

Anyhow time move on & now we have the R3 & I’ll , Thk GoD...

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2018 at 5:31 AM Post #1,860 of 6,872
The first album I will put on my R3 is Amber Rubarts "Scribbled Folk Symphonies". I think it is one of the highest quality recordings I have heard. On my stereo it sound like she is singing in my room next to me :). I have a highres version of it

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back