The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jun 2, 2018 at 12:09 AM Post #1,831 of 6,859
R3 will be my first DAP, but I think I got bitten by some kind of disease when I backed.
Here in the waiting time, I am looking for alternatives - maybe it would be great to have two? The Shanling M3s looks nice also - any opinions?

Jun 2, 2018 at 12:21 AM Post #1,832 of 6,859
It’s also my 1st DAP.

After putting off getting one for ages & almost getting a FiioX the 5.3 or 7.2 locally, I then spotted the R6 but the exchange rate was too onerous so decided to wait thinking something better suited & less expensive would likely come out soon next 6 mths or so & look what happened with in a few weeks after standing down in my plan to get the R6 the R3 miraculously appears on the scene to save my from a bummer summer!

I for one have no intentions Atmos get an additional small lightweight DAP for my out & about travels, coffee, photography, shopping etc.
This will be my go to device until Hiby brings out their next great DAP, the R9 or R6.2 etc.

Seems the prices on the Fiio’s X5.3 & x 7.2 have been on sale relatively frequently since there’s more & better competition the past 6-9 months so there’s always that option if they’re available where you are, other than that no idea as I’ve not looked past the R3.

What # do you hold?

Jun 2, 2018 at 12:46 AM Post #1,834 of 6,859
R3 will be my first DAP, but I think I got bitten by some kind of disease when I backed.
Here in the waiting time, I am looking for alternatives - maybe it would be great to have two? The Shanling M3s looks nice also - any opinions?
Yes, you must keep buying - that’s the way the disease works. I got s Fiio X3ii, then an AKjr, then a Cayin N3, then an R6, and waiting for the R3

Jun 2, 2018 at 12:48 AM Post #1,835 of 6,859
I'm 1464, I think the numbers are small for industrial production, so there would not be long time between #1 and #1500. The M0 is nice also being as small as it is. It is easily available here fro €99

Jun 2, 2018 at 12:50 AM Post #1,836 of 6,859
Yeah, I have been looking at them for years, but the Sony's and Astell&Kern's were just over the top for me. With the chinese brands they are much more reasonable.

Jun 2, 2018 at 1:01 AM Post #1,837 of 6,859
I'm 1464, I think the numbers are small for industrial production, so there would not be long time between #1 and #1500. The M0 is nice also being as small as it is. It is easily available here fro €99

I’m just ahead of you mid 1200’s
I imagine your right, should t take too long.

The M0 does look nice & price is right but for my eyes it’s just too small.
I like a bit more hand holdable readable real estate while still being small lightweight & portable with great sound.

Also rather than buying multiples of DAP’s atm I’d rather spend my $ & buy multiples of great sounding headphones, so I can enjoy my audio tailored that way.

Will see what great & interesting audio products that lure our rare$ out of our sheltered banks accounts...

Jun 2, 2018 at 1:08 AM Post #1,838 of 6,859
I got two IEMs within a week during May, the Campfire Audio Comet and the Massdrop x Nuforce EDC3. - both to be used with my R3. At the first listen I thought I would never use the Nuforce, but it has changed. After repeatedly shifting them the other day, I think I have a small preference for the Nuforce. Sure the Comets look better. I want to do a similar comparison with two DAPs :)
I also like headsets, but I get "the eye" of my wife if I get another set right now I guess :)
That is the benefit of pocket sized audio!
I have been a bit wild shopping hifi the past couple of years.

Jun 2, 2018 at 1:36 AM Post #1,839 of 6,859
I got two IEMs within a week during May, the Campfire Audio Comet and the Massdrop x Nuforce EDC3. - both to be used with my R3. At the first listen I thought I would never use the Nuforce, but it has changed. After repeatedly shifting them the other day, I think I have a small preference for the Nuforce. Sure the Comets look better. I want to do a similar comparison with two DAPs :)
I also like headsets, but I get "the eye" of my wife if I get another set right now I guess :)
That is the benefit of pocket sized audio!
I have been a bit wild shopping hifi the past couple of years.

I hear you there about being won over by a sound you weren’t too sure about before but given a 2nd or repeated chance they win you over!
As with the wild shopping as I’ve gone bonkers myself.
I understand about the getting the ‘Evil Eye’ & your absolutely right the James Bond Audio is out of sight out of mind.
I do buy Lotto tickets 2x a week so there’s always hope for me & my poor $anity & $ account...

IEM kinda drive me/my ears nuts so I’m all in in over the ear cushy cans.

As I mentioned I’ve been delaying get an excellent DAP so I can get off my iP & do justice to the hp I’ve collected in the past yr or so. [I do have an XDuoo3 but never really warmed to it]
Got a like new pair of Beyerdynamics on ear T50’s staring at me which I couldn’t stand anymore than IEM’s, a pair of AKG K701’s like new staring at me as well not sure why!
So in the past year in order I got the Audioquest Nighthawks, the Denon AH-D7200’s, the Focal Listen Wireless BT, the Focal Elear & I’m awaiting the ORA Graphene Q BT headphones later this summer.
I’m considering another higher end pair of hp possible in the next year or two if I get drunk enough or stupid enough or just plain lose my sanity completely as they are very expensive & can’t really afford them, no I mean I can’t afford them so that shows you the level of stupidity that might take over but I’m likely going to talk myself out of it as I’ll hopefully be getting the new iFi PRO iDSD All In One DAC/Headohone Amp for my hopefully soon to be upgraded & long overdue home audio system/PC system redo.

So I’ll be debating it with myself long & hard with & without my fave craft beer!

That’s really an overbearing directive for me is being able to afford enough craft beer to help keep my sanity & enjoy my music!:robot:

Jun 2, 2018 at 2:08 AM Post #1,840 of 6,859
I hear you there about being won over by a sound you weren’t too sure about before but given a 2nd or repeated chance they win you over!
I understand about the getting the ‘Evil Eye’ & your absolutely right the James Bond Audio is out of sight out of mind.
I do buy Lotto tickets 2x a week so there’s always hope for me & my poor $anity & $ account...

As I mentioned I’ve been delaying get an excellent DAP so I can get off my iP & do justice to the hp I’ve collected in the past yr or so. [I do have an XDuoo3 but never really warmed to it]
Got a like new pair of Beyerdynamics on ear T50’s staring at me which I couldn’t stand anymore than IEM’s, a pair of AKG K701’s like new staring at me as well not sure why!
So in the past year in order I got the Audioquest Nighthawks, the Denon AH-D7200’s, the Focal Listen Wireless BT, the Focal Elear & I’m awaiting the ORA Graphene Q BT headphones later this summer.
I’m considering another higher end pair of hp possible in the next year or two if I get drunk enough or stupid enough or just plain lose my sanity completely as they are very expensive & can’t really afford them, no I mean I can’t afford them so that shows you the level of stupidity that might take over but I’m likely going to talk myself out of it as I’ll hopefully be getting the new iFi PRO iDSD All In One DAC/Headohone Amp for my hopefully soon to be upgraded & long overdue home audio system/PC system redo.

So I’ll be debating it with myself long & hard with & without my fave craft beer!

That’s really an overbearing directive for me is being able to afford enough craft beer to help keep my sanity & enjoy my music!:robot:

Hey, if you win the Lotto, there will be a lot of expensive headsets - but then you should also get a high-end DAP!
My favorite headset is HiFiMann HE400i, When I got them, they destroyed my Beyerdynamic dt880. Got a new set of pads yesterday for the Beyerdynamic in an attempt to revive my interest in them. But when I am home alone, it is my floor stand speakers I will use - a bit out of the forum though :)

Jun 2, 2018 at 2:27 AM Post #1,841 of 6,859
Hey, if you win the Lotto, there will be a lot of expensive headsets - but then you should also get a high-end DAP!
My favorite headset is HiFiMann HE400i, When I got them, they destroyed my Beyerdynamic dt880. Got a new set of pads yesterday for the Beyerdynamic in an attempt to revive my interest in them. But when I am home alone, it is my floor stand speakers I will use - a bit out of the forum though :)

Yes well I’m not holding my breath on the Lotto but you never know, it only takes 1 ticket to win & if you don’t get a ticket you’ve got no chance at all so it’s worth the low odds & the fantasy!

I almost got the HFMan400i but held off to get the ones o eventually bought.

I think you’re right about the Pads asbive been reading a lot of users reports on the big difference swapping out the stock pads for different types.
So I’ll likeky do that with my Elear one of these days.

Like you when I’m home I almost always use my 2 channel home audio system & floor standing speakers as there’s no way my headphones or any others I’m likely ever to own can complete with my speakers.
As I really like the whole dynamic range & body slam if I need or choose to crank it up a bit esp for some large orchestral prices or symphonies like Orff’s ‘Carmina Burana’ or Beethoven’s 9th or a few other over the top hair raising amazing prices & that’s not including any number of great Rock numbers & thats not including great sounding R&B/Soul, Rock n Roll, Blues all the classics, World Music, EDM, Electronic & Alternative & whatever else weaves it way into my consciousness...

Thank god I got rid of my vehicle so I’m not forced to direct precious $ to a car as well!

Jun 2, 2018 at 2:56 AM Post #1,843 of 6,859
Also running out of space at home/living room/computer desk to properly put everything where should be hooked up or not...
Same, in the living room I have my stereo with two 120 cm floorstanders, amplifier, dac, NAS and Mac Mini to run Roon. Then in the corner of the room, I have my desktop pc, with dac, and Darkvoice tube HPA - that is where I listen to my H400i. I have a 3m balanced cable coming for the H400i so I can use them with the main dac.
Around the house is all the retired gear I don't want to sell or throw away.
Also running out of space at home/living room/computer desk to properly put everything where should be hooked up or not...

Jun 2, 2018 at 3:04 AM Post #1,844 of 6,859
Sounds like a very nice system/setup you’ve assembled giving you much listens pleasue & enjoyment!

That one big problem for me at least sounds like you as well in that get newer nice gear that necessitates retiring older but still very good gear, what do you do with it?
I end up storing it & my place looks like a used audio gear shop as I hate selling things & unless I know someone that would benefit some of it I can’t/won’t throw it away so I just push it further back into storage or at least somewhere out of sight/out of mind!

But to be really honest with you there’s absolutely no way I could live a life without music & great playback capabilities within my broken budget, I’d give up pretty much everything else just to keep my great audio system my music that helps me thru life from whence it, this journey all started...

Jun 2, 2018 at 3:24 AM Post #1,845 of 6,859
Considering getting wither R6 or R3. Where can I buy one? I've looked online, but can't seem to find anywhere to buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back