The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
May 23, 2018 at 10:43 AM Post #1,681 of 6,859
These "two other streaming services" are what? And the "clients won't take long" translates to when?
Please don't be cheeky here - some direct honesty and clear, professional communication would be welcome.

The problem with doing that when they don't have a clear "this WILL happen" is that if they say what the exact plans are now and they don't happen, people will be angry again. The services they're working with might also not want to be disclosed until it's finalized. I could see it as being professional that they don't come out and say exactly what extra services they're trying to get until it's actually done.

Last edited:
May 23, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #1,682 of 6,859
The problem with doing that when they don't have a clear "this WILL happen" is that if they say what the exact plans are now and they don't happen, people will be angry again. The services they're working with might also not want to be disclosed until it's finalized.

"The good news is that we have been given the go-ahead to integrate clients for at least two other streaming services into the R3."

That sounds like exact plans and "will happen" to me.
I have to disagree that leading customers on is very professional at all. It may be common practice in the marketing/pr profession, but that does make it at all palatable to me.

May 23, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #1,683 of 6,859
"The good news is that we have been given the go-ahead to integrate clients for at least two other streaming services into the R3."

That sounds like exact plans and "will happen" to me.
I have to disagree that leading customers on is very professional at all. It may be common practice in the marketing/pr profession, but that does make it at all palatable to me.

I'm talking about being professional to the companies they're working with, who may not want to be disclosed until a certain time. I would see it as a lack of professionalism to disclose those companies if they did not want to be disclosed right now, which I can only assume to be the case since I see no other reason for Hiby not to do it, unless they just don't want to get peoples' hopes up on specific services only to have that service change their mind at the last second or find they are having issue implementing it into the R3.

Not trying to defend Hiby on anything, it's just how I see it as someone who didn't back the Kickstarter and is still trying to decide if I even want to get an R3 as opposed to some other option.

Last edited:
May 23, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #1,684 of 6,859
I tried sending money as instructed, but that mailbox wouldn't accept money. Odd.
Did you hear back from @Joe Bloggs or anyone else? Did you manage to pay for the cable?
I never heard back, and have no idea if we're too late or not...

May 23, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #1,686 of 6,859
These "two other streaming services" are what? And the "clients won't take long" translates to when?
Please don't be cheeky here - some direct honesty and clear, professional communication would be welcome.

As soon as it is confirmed that it is okay to announce ahead of actual implementation, I will do so.
And frankly, when it comes to a software product at the starting point of development (albeit with prior experience), I think "soooon" or "when it's done" are more honest assessments than giving any date. :sweat_smile:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 23, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #1,687 of 6,859
Looking at what some closed source DAPs are running, I'm guessing it is Tunein Radio and Spotify

As soon as it is confirmed that it is okay to announce ahead of actual implementation, I will do so.
And frankly, when it comes to a software product at the starting point of development (albeit with prior experience), I think "soooon" or "when it's done" are more honest assessments than giving any date. :sweat_smile:
@Joe Bloggs wishing you and @fanoble all the best in new software development, for both Hiby and customers' sakes :D Closer to the present, any updates on R3 leather case production and LDAC? Thanks!

May 23, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #1,691 of 6,859
And frankly, when it comes to a software product at the starting point of development (albeit with prior experience), I think "soooon" or "when it's done" are more honest assessments than giving any date.

Thank you @Joe Bloggs. As a software developer myself, I can understand your hesitation to be more precise.
Have you (Hiby) considered open-sourcing some of your software platform?
Crowd-sourcing product development capital seems to be working out for you, getting many eyes and keyboards working on the software may be similarly beneficial.

May 23, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #1,692 of 6,859
Has anyone had their shipping emails from hiby yet? As in R3 being sent out dispatched?

I did not.... and....

I guess that Joe will answer to all the questions when the first 100 (or the first batch) are sent.

Only there we will truly know if
Looking at what some closed source DAPs are running, I'm guessing it is Tunein Radio and Spotify

There will be those or other services. I'm using premium Apple Music... but if it gets spotify... than I'll have to change it all... or at least rethink of it after 1 month of airplay through my samsung to R3 to my BluedioTurbine5...

Let's wait and be optimistic. Tidal got all those problems you all have being posting... we already know that there will be other 2 options to streaming.... there aren't that many.... When I asked them they did not say "No" to the A.Music or to Spotify (although is kinda too much dreamy to believe R3 will have any og them at its V1.2). Maybe later with the feedback of it, hiby will send us a firmware with better options :3

Crowd-sourcing product development capital seems to be working out for you, getting many eyes and keyboards working on the software may be similarly beneficial.

And this could be as good as bad...
I can see the good of it. I do... but I also can see streaming industries as Spotify denying their services because of it... and because of its code... and those problems.... other than that I would give it a try at the "opencode" system.

Fingers crossed guys.

Let's hope that R3 don't sink but that is a flying modaf*** kicking asses to the other new options there are coming out right now.

May 23, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #1,694 of 6,859
If tidal goes down the drain I'd prefer qobuz over Spotify. Why have a HiRes-DAP and then use it for 320 kbps?
Agree 100%

May 23, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #1,695 of 6,859
How many Qobuz users compared to Spotify? I know it’s a hi-res issue, but just for the no. of Spotify subscribers would make it the mass market choice. Unfortunately it’s usually the quantity over quality that prevails.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back