The NEW Headphone Lounge Thread
Jul 2, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #212 of 719
I'm getting a new custom, just wondering if these would be flexible? My friend has the silver poison (Toxic) and even though it's thick and slightly bulky it is very flexible.

The new insulation on the cables Ted now employs make them very flexible considering the basic thickness of the cable.

Jul 2, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #214 of 719
I have done my idiot scientific pencil test-

1. Take cable in one hand
2. Take No. 2 pencil in other hand...not your kindergarten pencil :)
3.  Lay iem cable over pencil and see how it flexes 

Results-
1.  Stock faired the worst
2.  Silver cable is 2-3x times more flexible.
3.  Silver litz a little less flexible than regular silver but still miles ahead of stock
4.  Both silver cables have less micro phonics than stock cable...by quite a bit.
4.  Crack open a beer and enjoy the sound

Good luck.

Jul 6, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #215 of 719
I just spoke with Ted.  He is such a cool guy to work with.  I ended up ordering my 3rd pair of cables.  I believe the copper litz may work best with my W60 but also plan to ab them agains my silver litz on my 846 as well.  I am pretty certain the silver litz on the 846 is the endgame cable but I might as well check.  I will report back when I get them and have adequate time to listen.

Thanks again Ted!

Jul 12, 2014 at 1:55 AM Post #219 of 719
I have emailed with Ted about the Litz OCC silver cable to replace to Oyaide HPC-SE that I am using with SE846.
His communication is superb, instantaneous, and informative.  I finally placed an order with him and looking forward to get my hand on the cable.

As I live in Thailand right, that would be a few weeks wait.  Just need to be patient haha.

Jul 13, 2014 at 2:11 AM Post #221 of 719

Just got them $75 brand new at my local store.
biggrin.gif

Good price Amazon has them for 92.

Jul 15, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #222 of 719
I just spoke with Ted.  He is such a cool guy to work with.  I ended up ordering my 3rd pair of cables.  I believe the copper litz may work best with my W60 but also plan to ab them agains my silver litz on my 846 as well.  I am pretty certain the silver litz on the 846 is the endgame cable but I might as well check.  I will report back when I get them and have adequate time to listen.

Thanks again Ted!
Please let me know how the se846 sound with litz silver cable as I am interested in comparison with stock cable. Thx!!!

Jul 16, 2014 at 6:58 AM Post #223 of 719
Please let me know how the se846 sound with litz silver cable as I am interested in comparison with stock cable. Thx!!!

MCoupe did a comparison on post 161. http://www.head-fi.org/t/695297/the-new-headphone-lounge-thread/160_20

If you go back a page or two from his post I also did a comparison to the stock 846 and the Reference Cable (silver litz) as well.

Jul 19, 2014 at 4:36 AM Post #224 of 719
Just purchased the OCC Silver Litz cable for my Heir Audio 8.0. Was very impressed with the service and quick replies to my questions.... now to wait for them to arrive

Jul 19, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #225 of 719
  Just purchased the OCC Silver Litz cable for my Heir Audio 8.0. Was very impressed with the service and quick replies to my questions.... now to wait for them to arrive

I think you will like it.  I originally purchased a Litz balanced cable for my Noble 6 and AK240. I then switched it to the 8.0 and there was an appreciable improvement on the 8.0.  I found it clearer with a bit more instrument separation.  How much of that was due to being balanced or cable I don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back