The New AEON 2: It's The End Of MrSpeakers
Nov 14, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #346 of 2,052
@mrspeakers what is your current shipping time for A2C? I ordered on Monday and it has not shipped.

Are there plans for additional pads?

The AEON open has an inner wall with perforations and can be used with the first gen or A2C, but they're not for repeated swapping. The AEON design doesn't have enough contact area for our swappable pad from ETHER 2.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Nov 15, 2019 at 1:56 AM Post #348 of 2,052
OK Im in, If they are as good as the reviews I am pushing the button today on closed back. Anyone know a good supplier of balanced cables 2.5 or 4.4 in the UK ? Or Evan someone who will sell me the e- valucon SN-8-4(P) connectors and I'll make my own :).

Looks like only one seller in the UK ?

Dan Congrats on the branding change, may DCA live forever :)

Nov 15, 2019 at 9:03 AM Post #350 of 2,052
Definitely hoping to try these soon! Has anyone tried to demo them at Audio46 in NYC yet or know of anywhere else demoing in NYC? Would love to AB test with AFC1 and ifi Micro.

(Also hoping for a small BF discount in the next few weeks, will be watching retailers closely!)

Nov 15, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #351 of 2,052
OK Im in, If they are as good as the reviews I am pushing the button today on closed back. Anyone know a good supplier of balanced cables 2.5 or 4.4 in the UK ? Or Evan someone who will sell me the e- valucon SN-8-4(P) connectors and I'll make my own :).

Looks like only one seller in the UK ?

Dan Congrats on the branding change, may DCA live forever :)

Contact Mark at Electronicd, there are multiple stores and product is in the UK or will be shortly. If he doesn’t have plugs he can order some or you can get them from us.

@mrspeakers

Hi Dan, can you advise which retailers in Singapore already have a demo unit?

Our distributor is Eng Siang International and they can tell you where to get them, we have shipped to Singapore. It’s great to not have to say “3 months” like prior announcements. :)

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Nov 15, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #352 of 2,052
Contact Mark at Electronicd, there are multiple stores and product is in the UK or will be shortly. If he doesn’t have plugs he can order some or you can get them from us.

Hey Dan

Thanks man, just ordered the plugs from you direct, going to make up a couple of cables.
Found one guy in the UK selling the Aeon 2's They should be on my doorstep tomorrow AM.
Feels like Christmas eve :)
Cant find Electronicd ? Im probably being a dolt.

Nov 15, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #353 of 2,052
My old Oppo PM3's are my goto Planar magnetic phones when Im looking for speed. They are now literally held together with duck tape. I printed and made some Alpha Dogs or is it mad dogs? but I just cant get them to sound right.
20191115_175532[1].jpg

So the Aeon 2's are to fit into the hole they will leave behind. I recon they sound like they will be well up-to the job.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #356 of 2,052
The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
Nov 16, 2019 at 8:16 AM Post #358 of 2,052
I have been listening to my new Aeon 2's for exactly 4 hours. I'm no good at describing impressions (But I'll have a go) and it is too early to really tell but I wanted to share what I found so far.

First off I really like them. A worthy replacement for my old beet up PM3's.

Tonality
ELO Eval Woman 20 seconds in Drums Really sound like drums are right in front of me and live.
Peaches En Regalia (Zappa) Damn the detail just blows me away. Hotell calafornia... they do this so effortlessly.

Detail retrieval
Pink Floyd on the run, the woman announcing flights, you can hear every word.
ELO Diary of Horace the wimp, the intro everything is separate and the detail is phenomenal.
Diana Crull Sway, you can hear her breathing !

Base Control
Billy Elish, Bad guy, doesn't bleed at all not Evan a little. Angel (Masisive Attack) Exstention is so well controlled. Seven Nation Army (The whit Stripes) is so controlled and the base exstention is something to hear for me.

Sound stage
I can hear the room, Now I get it!, not imaging but space. Peaches En Regalia (Zapper). How did Dan do that with closed backs?

Aqualong (Jethro Tull) I think this can be important when a lot is going on that they keep up (speed I supose), Thats why I tend towards Planars.

Pairing
So far I have had them them on the Questyle CMA400I, the Chord Polly/mojo, MK70mk2, Shanling m0 and the Dragon fly red. All of which drive them confidently(the M0 only just at 95% vol on high gain). The Ibasso DX220 with stock amp (DX201mk2) sounds amazing, the AMP9 (DX209) not so good. It doesn't have the power. Looking forward to a balanced cable to try the AMP8EX.

So far loving them and I know they will only get better. Not loving the standard cable just from an aesthetic perspective. Feels flimsy and too light, has no weight. I have ordered all the bits to make a couple of balanced cables though, so no big deal.

That’s it, quick first hours (knee jerk) impressions. Sorry Im not better at this. And all this without any burn in.

Dan, thank you, brilliant job, bet they outsell anything you have done so far.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #359 of 2,052
I have been listening to my new Aeon 2's for exactly 4 hours. I'm no good at describing impressions (But I'll have a go) and it is too early to really tell but I wanted to share what I found so far.

First off I really like them. A worthy replacement for my old beet up PM3's.

Tonality
ELO Eval Woman 20 seconds in Drums Really sound like drums are right in front of me and live.
Peaches En Regalia (Zappa) Damn the detail just blows me away. Hotell calafornia... they do this so effortlessly.
Detail retrieval
Pink Floyd on the run, the woman announcing flights, you can hear every word.
ELO Diary of Horace the wimp, the intro everything is separate and the detail is phenomenal.
Diana Crull Sway, you can hear her breathing !
Base Control
Billy Elish, Bad guy, doesn't bleed at all not Evan a little. Angel (Masisive Attack) Exstention is so well controlled. Seven Nation Army (The whit Stripes) is so controlled and the base exstention is something to hear for me.
Sound stage
I can hear the room, Now I get it!, not imaging but space. Peaches En Regalia (Zapper). How did Dan do that with closed backs?
Aqualong (Jethro Tull) I think this can be important when a lot is going on that they keep up (speed I supose), Thats why I tend towards Planars.
Pairing
So far I have had them them on the Questyle CMA400I, the Chord Polly/mojo, MK70mk2, Shanling m0 and the Dragon fly red. All of which drive them confidently(the M0 only just at 95% vol on high gain). The Ibasso DX220 with stock amp (DX201mk2) sounds amazing, the AMP9 (DX209) not so good. It doesn't have the power. Looking forward to a balanced cable to try the AMP8EX.
So far loving them and I know they will only get better. Not loving the standard cable just from an aesthetic perspective. Feels flimsy and too light, has no weight. I have ordered all the bits to make a couple of balanced cables though, so no big deal.
That’s it, quick first hours (knee jerk) impressions. Sorry Im not better at this. And all this without any burn in.
Dan, thank you, brilliant job, bet they outsell anything you have done so far with these.

Thanks for sharing your Joy.

Enjoy your new Gear.....:)

Nov 16, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #360 of 2,052
The headphones are real nice such a shame about the cable. I just realised one side of the part between the split and the cup is longer than the other. Im going balanced so not the end of the world but I would be relay erked if I was intending on using it long term. I had the same issue with my Solaris silver balanced cable and they replaced it for me. probably just me and my OCD :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back