The New AEON 2: It's The End Of MrSpeakers
Nov 12, 2019 at 4:35 PM Post #332 of 2,052
Last edited:
Nov 12, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #335 of 2,052
So the websites that are saying they're in stock with 2 day shipping are lying?

A number have AEON 2 Closed, some sold out and have already re-ordered.

Nobody has AEON 2 Open yet but they will start going out soon, as noted.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Nov 13, 2019 at 8:06 PM Post #337 of 2,052
Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Nov 14, 2019 at 7:20 AM Post #339 of 2,052
There are a few things that are standing out for me after spending a few more weeks with Aeon 2c. The first is the way this headphone reproduces the bass notes. There seems to be a visceral impact to deep bass that you can feel especially with electronic music.

The other quality that has caught me off guard somewhat, is the low level detail ability. I think that this is a function of the headphones good passive isolation, but also the performance of the drivers. Even at low volume levels discrete recording details come across effortlessly giving me a deep look into the recording. And that punchy bass bumps oh so nicely. This headphone is just a pleasure to listen to music with.

Nov 14, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #340 of 2,052
There are a few things that are standing out for me after spending a few more weeks with Aeon 2c. The first is the way this headphone reproduces the bass notes. There seems to be a visceral impact to deep bass that you can feel especially with electronic music.

The other quality that has caught me off guard somewhat, is the low level detail ability. I think that this is a function of the headphones good passive isolation, but also the performance of the drivers. Even at low volume levels discrete recording details come across effortlessly giving me a deep look into the recording. And that punchy bass bumps oh so nicely. This headphone is just a pleasure to listen to music with.

What about the mids and highs?

Nov 14, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #342 of 2,052
What about the mids and highs?

I listen to lot's of vocal oriented music...jazz and folk/american etc. I like what a2c brings to the table. I think that judging by ear, this headphone has a mild "u" shaped response, which I find implemented very nicely. But nothing missing in the mid-range to my ears and no bleed into the mids. Are far as tuning is concerned, this may be my favorite DCA headphone.

Nov 14, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #343 of 2,052
Any data about sound isolation/ leakage comparision of the two Aeon Closed versions? Thanks

The a2c isolates better than the OG. It's tough to say how much better exactly without being able to measure with some degree of accuracy. But in practical terms, I hear less ambient noise under the same conditions with a2c...when the heat kicks on or is running for example. I could hear this ever so slightly on the OG but can't hear it all with a2c. Isolation is quite good for passive.

Nov 14, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #344 of 2,052
It's hard to measure, we don't have a great rig for doing isolation testing. However, subjectively it's got at least 3dB more isolation in the mids and up, the pad walls are thicker, which improves stability and isolation.

Nov 14, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #345 of 2,052
@mrspeakers what is your current shipping time for A2C? I ordered on Monday and it has not shipped.
It's hard to measure, we don't have a great rig for doing isolation testing. However, subjectively it's got at least 3dB more isolation in the mids and up, the pad walls are thicker, which improves stability and isolation.
Are there plans for additional pads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back