1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The New AEON 2: It's The End Of MrSpeakers

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Nov 1, 2019.
First

Back
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Next

Last
  1. VandyMan
    +3db = 2x power
    +10db = 10x power
    +20db = 100x power

2. VandyMan
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  3. PointyFox
    So the websites that are saying they're in stock with 2 day shipping are lying?

4. flarex3
    Rule: For +x dB increment 10^(x/10) times more loudness. Yeah approx. 2 times more for +3 dB
    __

I really crave to read or watch reviews of this headphone but very few yet.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    VandyMan likes this.
  5. mrspeakers Contributor
    A number have AEON 2 Closed, some sold out and have already re-ordered.

Nobody has AEON 2 Open yet but they will start going out soon, as noted.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
    trellus, jsmiller58, tcellguy and 2 others like this.
  6. Silbersurfer
    Dave,when will the first delivery be in Germany?

7. mrspeakers Contributor
    You mean "Dan?" If so, they'll arrive in Germany in volume next week.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

8. Silbersurfer
    Sorry Dan!!! Thank you for your prompt reply!

9. MattTCG
    There are a few things that are standing out for me after spending a few more weeks with Aeon 2c. The first is the way this headphone reproduces the bass notes. There seems to be a visceral impact to deep bass that you can feel especially with electronic music.

The other quality that has caught me off guard somewhat, is the low level detail ability. I think that this is a function of the headphones good passive isolation, but also the performance of the drivers. Even at low volume levels discrete recording details come across effortlessly giving me a deep look into the recording. And that punchy bass bumps oh so nicely. This headphone is just a pleasure to listen to music with.

DougD, havagr8da, Maelob and 3 others like this.
  10. flarex3
    What about the mids and highs?

11. flarex3
    Any data about sound isolation/ leakage comparision of the two Aeon Closed versions? Thanks

12. MattTCG
    I listen to lot's of vocal oriented music...jazz and folk/american etc. I like what a2c brings to the table. I think that judging by ear, this headphone has a mild "u" shaped response, which I find implemented very nicely. But nothing missing in the mid-range to my ears and no bleed into the mids. Are far as tuning is concerned, this may be my favorite DCA headphone.

roskodan likes this.
  13. MattTCG
    The a2c isolates better than the OG. It's tough to say how much better exactly without being able to measure with some degree of accuracy. But in practical terms, I hear less ambient noise under the same conditions with a2c...when the heat kicks on or is running for example. I could hear this ever so slightly on the OG but can't hear it all with a2c. Isolation is quite good for passive.

roskodan likes this.
  14. mrspeakers Contributor
    It's hard to measure, we don't have a great rig for doing isolation testing. However, subjectively it's got at least 3dB more isolation in the mids and up, the pad walls are thicker, which improves stability and isolation.

jsmiller58 and St3ven like this.
  15. elira
    @mrspeakers what is your current shipping time for A2C? I ordered on Monday and it has not shipped.
    Are there plans for additional pads?

First

Back
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Next

Last