1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The New AEON 2: It's The End Of MrSpeakers

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Nov 1, 2019.
First

Back
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Next

Last
  1. flarex3
    Which Aeon 2? I assume the closed one.
    What about the female vocal performance of the headphone? I personally prioritize it over the bass.

2. MattTCG
    Aeon 2 open in the house. I'll post some impressions in a few hours with comparisons against the closed version as well as ETHER 2.

Maelob, Odin412, Mkoll and 1 other person like this.
  3. ubs28
    Is this headphone (the closed version) better than the Focal Stellia?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  4. MaxD
    Yes I am the same. I have been listening to Beth Hart, Dianna Krall and a bit of Annie Lennox, got to say you get the detail and the feeling with female vocalists. Only a few of my headphones give you the breathing and lip sounds, all that stuff that normal seems to get lost.

These cans are raw and not burnt in yet so I expect it will just get better. They are the closed ones BTW.

bcowen likes this.
  5. jsmiller58
    Better is too subjective. What qualities of sound matter most to you?

bcowen likes this.
  6. MaxD
    Better is such a subjective thing. But IMHO Yes.

So I spent 20 mins with the the Stelia recently, I have to say I rate the tonal quality of these higher (pre burnin) and the sound stage for closed just seems so much better. But just My humble opinion, I dident like the Stelia much, I was driving them from a mojo which has power but they just sounded a little tame / flat for me. no fun factor if that makes seance.

bcowen likes this.
  7. MattTCG
    IMO, yes. The a2c is a special sounding headphone. One of DCA very best and leading the way for closed headphones that really deliver the sound with good staging and air.

bcowen likes this.
  8. Mkoll
    Can anyone compare the Aeon 2 Closed to the Verite Closed?

9. Maelob
    I really like my Sony Z1R but I feel as years go by I won’t get good support if something goes wrong with them. I always respected Dan’s company and I am confident I will get support. And so far thanks everybody for the impressions I think the tonality of the A2c is to my liking.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  10. lentoviolento
    However, i could be interested in the open ones.. Holla at me As soon as someone get those

bcowen and Hifiearspeakers like this.
  11. AxelCloris Administrator
    We've removed a number of posts that have gone off-topic from the thread. Please keep the discussion related to the AEON 2. Thank you everyone, we appreciate the assistance.

trellus, jsmiller58 and Empyah like this.
  12. lentoviolento
    800 vs 2500? different price range, it is like comparing a bmw vs a prius

13. Mkoll
    You can still compare a BMW and a Prius. :)

14. Benke
    I am very eager now to know about your impressions from comparisons of Aeon 2 open and closed as well as ETHER 2.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  15. andrewd01
    There have already been comparisons up thread to the even more expensive stellias (£2700).

First

Back
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Next

Last