The New AEON 2: It's The End Of MrSpeakers
Jul 17, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #1,803 of 2,052
Jul 19, 2021 at 8:37 PM Post #1,804 of 2,052
Can you expound on what you mean by specific set of people?
Im sure most cans appeal to certain individuals for specific reasons so I'm wondering what you mean by that.
Funny people? What exactly do you find funny about me? You xx**xb@@3?

I assume you were leading up to that excellent scene (warning: some may find the language objectionable) from Goodfellas

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2021 at 6:53 PM Post #1,805 of 2,052
Just wanted to come in here and say that the people at DCA are great! I recently had to request an RMA and had a fantastic experience. Plenty of communication and just generally friendly throughout the whole process. Top notch service!

Aug 15, 2021 at 5:32 PM Post #1,806 of 2,052
I'm planning to buy a planar this year to complete my headphone collection, and Arya and AFO2 are both on my short list. I'm just trying to decide now while the local distributors are awaiting delivery of new units. If anyone here has heard both of them, I would appreciate a short comparison.
Also, to those that have/had the AFO2: what didn't you like about it?

I made a similar post in the Arya thread, but I'd like to have some input from this side as well.

Aug 20, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #1,807 of 2,052
I’ve had the a A2O for a little while now and I’ve come to really enjoy it paired with the A90/D90. My only real complaint is that it can sound really bad in the wrong chain. Also, the earpads compress easily and the cord gets twisted easily, at least in my experience, and I had to buy an extra set of tuning filters to get the one I wanted which was the one notch white filter. I’ve also used these headphones pretty lightly so others mileage may vary. I prefer my 6XX with Lyr 3 but perhaps that’s due to my treble sensitivity or perhaps the wrong tubes? LCDX should be considered too, really great cans!

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 12:10 AM Post #1,808 of 2,052
Any updates on the pad peeling adhesive system from Ether 2 being brought over to Aeon? I saw some mention of it from Dan Clark a while back but haven't seen any updates. Would be cool to be able to change back / forth between solid and perforated pads.

@mrspeakers any updates?

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #1,809 of 2,052
Just out of curiosity, anyone in continental USA potentially interested in my pair of Aeon 2 closed (red)? Work from home with tons of conference calls has really oriented me toward noise-cancelling cans and no time to use the beloved aeon anymore with my existing IEM collection. Will post on the for sale thread soon, but you can message me for more information.

Sep 22, 2021 at 3:33 AM Post #1,812 of 2,052
Sep 22, 2021 at 4:54 PM Post #1,813 of 2,052
Interesting. For most headphones, I would have said: Closed.

Closed headphones seem like an echo chamber: They lose some clarity in the bass regions, but generally have exaggerated bass as a result.

I'm curious if I'm just way off on this perception? I do have a nice mix of open and closed headphones, and they all seem to follow this pattern.

Sep 22, 2021 at 4:59 PM Post #1,814 of 2,052
Interesting. For most headphones, I would have said: Closed.

Closed headphones seem like an echo chamber: They lose some clarity in the bass regions, but generally have exaggerated bass as a result.

I'm curious if I'm just way off on this perception? I do have a nice mix of open and closed headphones, and they all seem to follow this pattern.
My experience is that it's easier to get "moar bass" in closed headphones than in open headphones, but sometimes that "easier bass" means sloppier bass.

That aside, of course there are notable exceptions even in related headphones, for example, the Aeon Flow Open (gen 1) have a warmer sound thanks to a bump in mid-bass that their earlier closed variant does not have, so the OG Aeon closed headphones sound thinner than the open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back