The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Aug 16, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #4,156 of 4,317
  Here's something I just discovered today that I'm pretty sure wasn't ever posted.

InnerFidelity did a bunch of spectrum and frequency response analysis on the Monoprice 8320:
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/Monoprice8320.pdf

yup they measured pretty well except that spike, especially for being sub 10$ its quite remarkable 

Sep 2, 2014 at 4:41 PM Post #4,160 of 4,317
  omg they look amazing!

that must've been so much work to twist them so elegantly!

i'm truely a fan. but i would say not a fan of the plug =( i like l shape plugs myself but thats just me, nothing on your part

Thank you so much! its my first real DIY mod and I am loving it so far! I really hated the stock cable. The braiding took around three hours...I'm not the best at braiding lol. I wish I had and L shaped plug on hand! I am already regretting using the standardly shaped plug. Overall though I am certainly satisfied.

Sep 2, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #4,161 of 4,317
  Thank you so much! its my first real DIY mod and I am loving it so far! I really hated the stock cable. The braiding took around three hours...I'm not the best at braiding lol. I wish I had and L shaped plug on hand! I am already regretting using the standardly shaped plug. Overall though I am certainly satisfied.

yup i like the choice of colours too, haha maybe next time ! the 8320s are cheap so what the heck, why not

Sep 11, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #4,163 of 4,317
I bought the black braided version a few months ago and just bought the white pair last week as the cable was on the way out on my first pair. 

I had an old pair of very small iem's from sony that were cheap and not very good but sony cables always seem very good so I snipped off the drivers and used the cable to recable my black 8320. Vastly improved usability as the original braid was beginning to cause problems. Happy camper with the end result have to say. 

Anyway I just used the above story as an excuse to post something here as I have just been amazed and how good and what value for money they are. I did away with iem's a few years ago because my Westone 3's which sounded great would irritate my inner ear in a scalding type of way due to I suspect my ear rejecting the comply foam tips over time because they just had that effect for whatever reason. And in fact I didn't really like that total block out all noise effect anyway. I am personally listening to a lot of tecky electronic music lately and I can say that the bass response is superior to that of my previous Westones 3's I mentioned. And significanly so.Not the rest of the spectrum admittedly. Pretty amazing. I will never pay a lot of money for a pair of iem's again and will spend my wonga on proper cans ! 

Sep 11, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #4,164 of 4,317
Any thoughts on the differences between the black 9927 and the white 9963 IEMs?

(and if you're into the sort of thing, the white 9963 IEMs could use some more reviews on Monoprice's website, specifically regarding those differences)

Sep 12, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #4,165 of 4,317
  Any thoughts on the differences between the black 9927 and the white 9963 IEMs?

(and if you're into the sort of thing, the white 9963 IEMs could use some more reviews on Monoprice's website, specifically regarding those differences)

The difference in sound is ZERO. I had been listening to noting else for about 3 months every day and think I would have noticed some difference when i tried the whites for the first time.

But my next observation may seem a bit odd. I find the feel of the whites to be softer than the black. The effect of that was that I didn't need to carve off the ridges as I absolutely had to do on the blacks as they were utterly unusable before that. I have no explanation for this.

Sep 12, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #4,167 of 4,317
The blacks are bigger than the whites and are too big for my asian ears..

*dirty chuckle*
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 12, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #4,168 of 4,317

The difference in sound is ZERO. I had been listening to noting else for about 3 months every day and think I would have noticed some difference when i tried the whites for the first time.

But my next observation may seem a bit odd. I find the feel of the whites to be softer than the black. The effect of that was that I didn't need to carve off the ridges as I absolutely had to do on the blacks as they were utterly unusable before that. I have no explanation for this.

No comment on the cord?

*dirty chuckle*

Heck, even the "fitting in ears" portion of that text can be part of the dirty joke in some parts of the internet (Rule34 anyone?)

Sep 13, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #4,169 of 4,317

No comment on the cord?

*dirty chuckle*

Heck, even the "fitting in ears" portion of that text can be part of the dirty joke in some parts of the internet (Rule34 anyone?)

Well no cause that the differences in chord have already been covered. I've nothing to add. Except that my sony cable mod is the best of the 3 :D :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back