The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Sep 13, 2014 at 8:10 AM Post #4,171 of 4,317

Well no cause that the differences in chord have already been covered.

Ok then, final question - how do the stock tips for the white 9963 IEMs compare to the stock tips of the black 9927 IEMs?

Or did you not even bother with the stock tips and just used other tips you already had?

Again I thought the white tips felt softer in my ears. That's all I could definitively say but I did replace them with some other tips I ordered on ebay from a link i got on here so I use those so don't have much more to add about the stock tips.

Sep 13, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #4,175 of 4,317

I did replace them with some other tips I ordered on ebay from a link i got on here so I use those so don't have much more to add about the stock tips.

Did they happen to be these tips?: http://www.ebay.com/itm/151168006538

Well, as a matter of fact, NO, they weren't. 

they were these ones
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261138443528?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Sep 21, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #4,177 of 4,317
Well the black one's I guess. I like the white color but it never stays that color and they look dirty already. Also the wire-to- jack seems a little bit more flimsy than the black and my not last as long before breaking. My black one's did break eventually after about 3 months. As I said I've replaced that cable with a sony cable from an old pair of iem's and I expect that to last much longer. 

It turns out I had to shave off the ridges on the white one's as well in the end because the think keep popping out of my ear every so often and I thought it would help it not to do that and I suppose it did.

Sep 26, 2014 at 8:06 AM Post #4,179 of 4,317

I like the white color but it never stays that color and they look dirty already.

Seriously, how do you guys get white items that dirty? Mine are a year old and still look new, and I use them as my main source of audio on my PC (which I use nearly daily, and up to hours at a time)

The point is that the white one's will show stains more readily than the black version. 

You said you use yours "as my main source of audio on my PC". Well I use mine portabley - never on the PC - so that would explain that one I'd say !

Sep 27, 2014 at 6:24 PM Post #4,180 of 4,317

I like the white color but it never stays that color and they look dirty already.

Seriously, how do you guys get white items that dirty? Mine are a year old and still look new, and I use them as my main source of audio on my PC (which I use nearly daily, and up to hours at a time)

life happens

Sep 28, 2014 at 7:34 AM Post #4,181 of 4,317
I have the pink version since one week. My black version died 1 year ago. I use the same self-made tips on the pink, which I used before. I remember the black sounded like this: small soundstage, little warm, with awesome punchy bass. The pink sounds as the most people on amazon (at the 9927) comment: open, flat, accurate, the bass has nothing special.

I like the cable on the 9960, it is almost noise free. The color is vibrant, pretty funky.

Sep 30, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #4,182 of 4,317
  I have the pink version since one week. My black version died 1 year ago. I use the same self-made tips on the pink, which I used before. I remember the black sounded like this: small soundstage, little warm, with awesome punchy bass. The pink sounds as the most people on amazon (at the 9927) comment: open, flat, accurate, the bass has nothing special.

I like the cable on the 9960, it is almost noise free. The color is vibrant, pretty funky.

I have 3 black and 1 silver, all have noticeable slightly different sound.

Oct 8, 2014 at 1:50 AM Post #4,183 of 4,317

Nice to see the pink 9960 IEMs getting some love - I actually kind of like that color-combo you got going there.

So, similar to what I asked HAMS, what made you decide to buy the pink 9960 over the other 3 color options?

And BTW, Head-Fi's email notification seems to now be completely broken for me. Before it was intermittent, but now I'm not getting anything. (and no, they're not being marked as spam or being automatically sent to trash - the issue is even occuring with PMs).

Oct 8, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #4,185 of 4,317
I finally got mines in silver (listening to them right now).
GREAT little bugs... and for the price are amazing  
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back