The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Mar 29, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #4,127 of 4,317

Meant to comment on this post!.....oooppppsss!     Sorry!

There's an edit function.
wink_face.gif

As for hearing loss, that shouldn't effect the actual physical feeling of bass considering that even a deaf person can feel it.  And like I said, audibly it doesn't seem to sound different, just the feeling of "bass rumble" or whatever is located differently on both sides of my head.

Mar 29, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #4,128 of 4,317

Originally Posted by jgwtriode  I heard every single ear bud I tried shift the sound stage to my left for about a month and half.  I tried shims to try to very the depth of insertion to compensate...did slightly but not enough.  Used to drive me nuts and then after not listening for a week it simply went away.  I was doing ear drop and cotton tips and all kinds of things.  My right ear does build up a bit more  wax than my left.

But nothing helped and I was freaking out.  Initially I thought it was screwed up doping of one driver vs another on when I first heard it.  Was testing a pair of my tweaked 9927's that were done
for my son.  But it did the same on eveything i tried.  What was weird is I would hold the earbuds equidistant about a foot in front of me and they sounded equally loud on both sides with the
vocals dead centered.  Very weird.    I have lost the upper few k of my hearing.  At 23 i could hear clearly out to 20k.  I might be lucky to get 13 or 14k now.   No biggie.

So yeah ear problems suck, really suck.  

You could go see an audiologist and have him check for you!

Good Luck and,

Happy Listening,

jgwtriode

hmm, I have this problem with the balance sometimes when I had some fever and runny nose, I suspect it happen when inner ear have different pressure temporarily when I got sick. and maybe not just caused by runny nose many other condition possibly can shift your ear balance temporarily.

Apr 4, 2014 at 1:30 AM Post #4,129 of 4,317
I have a new theory regarding the different-feeling bass in my right ear. It would seem that my right ear canal is larger than my left ear canal. I had thought this to be the case, but it's more than that - the optimal "seal point" in my right ear is also at a deeper point than it is in my left ear.

It turns out I have to use a large-ish medium sized tip in my right ear while using a smallish medium-sized tip in the left ear. However, one of the key things is that both tips must have a circumference that is relatively consistent for the length of the tip - a lot of tips have decently larger bases than ends, and that seems to prevent me from making the tip be comfortable for larger tips or not get a good enough seal with smaller tips.

One thing in particular is that getting a good seal has to happen at a bit deeper point in my right ear canal than my left. This combined with my inability to use tapering tips meant that most of the tips in the LostEarBuds sample pack that were at a comfortable size were actually too small at that deeper point inside my right ear, but the tips that were large enough for that deeper point were too large for the outer ear canal.

So for my right ear I'm using a medium-sized single flange tip that came with my sister's Xperia Pro. Turns out that the stem on the Xperia Pro tips extends something like 2mm farther out than the LostEarBuds medium-sized double flange tips, which are what I'm currently using in my left ear. Unfortunately thought the actual material used for the Xperia Pro tips isn't quite as smooth or soft and therefore isn't as comfortable...

tl;dr - Both ears needed more cylindrical tips, but the right ear also needed a tip with a longer stem.

(for reference triple flanges go way too deep and are too conical while foam is flat-out uncomfortable, heck I can't even sleep with earplugs for the same reason)

Apr 25, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #4,130 of 4,317
I have tried these headphones with a few different ear gels, and the sound has been consistently thin....absolutely no bass. This has been the same with the Meelectronics double-flange, foam tips, etc. I usually use medium-size gels.

...except today, I put them on with the Large stock ear gels, I simply didn't push them all the way into my ear canal. I put on the large ear gels and just pushed them far enough so they wouldn't fall out. Suddenly there was plenty of bass.

What's going on? With all my other IEMs, pushing them further in has yielded better isolation and better sound. With these, it's the opposite. What? 

Apr 25, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #4,131 of 4,317
  What's going on? With all my other IEMs, pushing them further in has yielded better isolation and better sound. With these, it's the opposite. What? 

I think it's related to the stem and/or possibly pushing the tip farther down the stem or something.  I have run into this same issue when trying to get a proper seal in my right ear canal (as I detailed above it's quite finicky vs my left ear which "just works" - now I'm using a medium stock 9963 tip in my right ear).

One thing I have at least noticed is that the lostearbuds triple-flange tips seem to "just work", so they're great for testing audio and stuff.  However, I personally find triple-flange tips to be quite uncomfortable due to the depth.

Jul 8, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #4,132 of 4,317
Time for a thread revival.
Buying another pair of these, since buying a BlackBerry 9000 for school use I'll actually have use for IEMs again, would prefer not using KSC75s in my school. If anyone would have use for a BlackBerry 9000, gsm unlocked, they have a few with issues for 10 usd, and one perfect working. Those with issues come with no battery or battery cover but those can be had cheap.

(Nintendo Maniac, is that you? From OCN?)

Jul 8, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #4,133 of 4,317
Buying another pair of these

Just don't be boring and buy the same color. :p

Quote:
(Nintendo Maniac, is that you? From OCN?)

Yes, same person from OCN.  However, I'm not really "from" OCN, I just use the same name pretty much everywhere on the internet and have been doing so for over 10 years now. (by comparison I've only been on OCN since 2010)

Jul 9, 2014 at 6:57 AM Post #4,134 of 4,317
Yes, same person from OCN.  However, I'm not really "from" OCN, I just use the same name pretty much everywhere on the internet and have been doing so for over 10 years now. (by comparison I've only been on OCN since 2010)

Well duh, but that's the only other place I've seen you.

I was thinking I'd buy another black and a silver. I'm not a white fan, and I'm a dude, so no pink.

Jul 9, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #4,135 of 4,317
I'm not a white fan

This always seems to be the case on Head-Fi, commonly due purely to not wanting anything even remotely associated with Apple.  Of course, ever since the introduction of brushed aluminum, glossy white isn't even Apple's main color scheme anymore, so...

Quote:
and I'm a dude, so no pink.

You're aware that pink was a masculine color in the 20s, right?  Even in the 50s it was still not unheard of for men to use said color.

Jul 9, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #4,136 of 4,317

You're aware that pink was a masculine color in the 20s, right?  Even in the 50s it was still not unheard of for men to use said color.

And at one time this was popular...

That doesn't mean it's a good idea to dress like that now.
Oh wait! The terrible, never should have returned 80's style is back. ***** me. Who let this happen? 

Jul 9, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #4,138 of 4,317
Its actually because my white stuff gets Dirty too quick.

Hmm, I've never had problems with white things getting dirty...

Then again, I'm kind of OCD (and my mother especially is) when it comes to visible dirt on anything, so there wouldn't really be a way for dirt and stuff to get on them.  I don't mind dust however, though it's not that present in the first place due to a moderately humid climate (my mother gets annoyed by dust though).

Jul 9, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #4,139 of 4,317

lol i'm using a pair of pink philips she3590s soo if you have the confidence to rock it. colour is irrelevant

white does naturally get dirty, yellow, dingy though so i'm not surprised people still getting black. oh well, i personally love the colour white soo to each their own

Users who are viewing this thread

Back