"The Lab"
May 23, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #19,997 of 20,136
He states in the video that the headphones on the wall of fame have all been passed along to the next editor

May 25, 2018 at 11:32 PM Post #19,998 of 20,136
Jul 30, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #19,999 of 20,136
Anything happening guys?

Someone seems to have hacked into my account and keeps posting random daft gifs all over the place.

Initially I was suspicious that it could have been a fellow Labster but now I think that it is likely someone deluded and self obsessed, any suggestions who it could be Guys?

Sure-buddy.gif
tenor.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Jul 30, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #20,000 of 20,136
Anything happening guys?

Someone seems to have hacked into my account and keeps posting random daft gifs all over the place.

Initially I was suspicious that it could have been a fellow Labster but now I think that it is likely someone deluded and self obsessed, any suggestions who it could be Guys?

Sure-buddy.gif
tenor.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
That's pretty unfortunate man. You've tried changing your password? It would be a shame if you were forced to start a new account.

Jul 30, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #20,001 of 20,136
Yeah, it was bad enough when the forum did that last upgrade and I lost half my likes then again I'm not sure why anyone would like me:open_mouth:
Anything happening guys?

Sure-buddy.gif
tenor.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

I'd say send in the clowns but it's obviously too late:sob:

Jul 30, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #20,002 of 20,136
Crap, Lab posts! Not sure what to do here…

Still trying to decide which kidney to sell in order to buy that 512GB msd card I posted about
Waffling on whether I should jump on those HD58x
Got a Moto G5, can anybody say if its worth getting a DAC to run on it. Obviously it'll sound better, but I haven't really been following the whole Android DAC scene (from what I gather compatibility can be an issue - plus I'm still not a fan of touchscreen interfaces so I'm still happy with my DAPs)

Yeah, it was bad enough when the forum did that last upgrade and I lost half my likes then again I'm not sure why anyone would like me:open_mouth:

No worries Podman, I still like you!

Aug 25, 2018 at 4:47 AM Post #20,004 of 20,136
Guys, I have just arrived on holidays with Her Light~Ness but something seems to be wrong with my camera, everything seems to be slanted even though I am holding it as straight as a judge. Any ideas what could be wrong with it?

giphy.gif

Man, things have gone from bad to worse, Her Light~Ness seems to have forgotten how to swim?

I will have to bring her back to our hotel rooms to dry her off!

orig

Aug 26, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #20,006 of 20,136
Maybe the lights were off:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sep 18, 2018 at 11:31 AM Post #20,007 of 20,136
@peter123 I am still waiting for my Onkyo A800 headphone that I ordered 18 days ago. It is being delivered by DHL and apparently it is still on a scenic tour of Europe as it inches its way here. I reckon that DHL must be working for the secret service as I am getting very imprecise and sketchy information from them! :ksc75smile:

200.gif

Anyone got the "Little Bear B4" Portable Vacuum & Valve Tube Headphone Amplifier Stereo Hi-Fi Amp & built-in battery?

A cracking little amp and remarkable value or is there better out there anywhere near its cost?

Anyway, I am really enjoying it and for the first time I reckon that it is worth the hassle of having a stack.

Sep 18, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #20,008 of 20,136
@peter123 I am still waiting for my Onkyo A800 headphone that I ordered 18 days ago. It is being delivered by DHL and apparently it is still on a scenic tour of Europe as it inches its way here. I reckon that DHL must be working for the secret service as I am getting very imprecise and sketchy information from them! :ksc75smile:

200.gif

Anyone got the "Little Bear B4" Portable Vacuum & Valve Tube Headphone Amplifier Stereo Hi-Fi Amp & built-in battery?

A cracking little amp and remarkable value or is there better out there anywhere near its cost?

Anyway, I am really enjoying it and for the first time I reckon that it is worth the hassle of having a stack.

I'm always amazed at how you keep managing to get in here with all the cobwebs blocking the door:wink:

That amp doesn't have any issues with noise? That'd be the one misgiving I'd have with portable tube amps - apparently the type of tube they use are very prone to microphonics (that and tube rolling is much more of an ordeal:ksc75smile:)

Sep 18, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #20,009 of 20,136
Hello Mr T, yes it definitely has the usual issues with microphonics (that I remember you mentioning before as one of your concerns with portable tube amps).

I reckon that it might have got worse after a few weeks of use but it is not a deal breaker to me as I have got used to it and it can be dramatically reduced if you are careful with your nails and use a flexible cable.

I reckon that there is something beguiling and soothing about it but it is also pretty fast and dynamic, which is a surprise to me probably partly due to it being a hybrid tube amp?

It is heavy enough and fairly thick but well worth it!

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #20,010 of 20,136

200.gif

They're definitely worth waiting for if that helps :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back