1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

"The Lab"

First

Back
1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335
Next

Last
  1. Podster
    Been a long time since Pod visited the old lab, been a few modifications to his own lab since then and I don't even have Wokei enticing me with the old "Did you see that":rolling_eyes: LOL I'm not 100% positive but I may have turned the page on certifiable:scream: Of course to some I'm still just taking baby steps but then again I'm stuck in the "More the Merrier" mode:fearful: Cheers Labsters:beerchug:

Can You Hear’em Now.JPG
    A Little DAP’l Do Ya.JPG

raypin, CEE TEE, peter123 and 2 others like this.
  2. Mr Trev
    Dunno Podman, going by some of the pics I've seen, you may still be considered a rookie (I mean where's the crates full of vacuum tubes):wink:

I agree its too bad Wokei ain't round any more, but you can't fault the lad for being a good son.

3. Podster
    Oh, I did not know you wanted me to post my tube box from my home systems:rolling_eyes: I try not to keep too many of any one tube and luckily I'm at about 8 different tubes in just three pieces of gear:thinking: Yeah I give Eric props all the time for that, he'll video hit me on whats.app at midnight and we go on and on. He's the Malaysian version of Uber (The Magnificent I tell him):thumbsup:

4. Mr Trev
    If it makes you feel any better, your pics still gave me a savage case of gear envy - the only new thing I bought this year was the hd58x (although I am planning on winning one of those Fiio K3s: check it out if you haven't. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...-reply-to-this-thread-on-before-12-12.894439/)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  5. Podster
    The way Peter talks about them I kind of wish I had well I did and MassDrop had a snafu and basically gave me the 6XX instead! Listening to Reverend Al on this little diddy right now:grin:

IDUN Mo Al.JPG

6. Light - Man
    [​IMG]

Sorry @Light - Man but @Wokei is the one and only original Gif-Master on HF!!! :beerchug:

Edit: who TF is hacking into my account posting all these random gifs???!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  7. Podster
    Wow, he's really turned up the Oompa Loompa tanning cream since this shot:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Light - Man and B9Scrambler like this.
  8. Mr Trev
    They are a pretty good buy. I can't say if you lucked out getting the 6xx instead not having heard them myself, but personally I think I'd prefer the 58x mostly due to the extended bass. Maybe the 58x has a more "consumer friendly" sound than the other models, but that small bass bump ~100hz can be cheaply and easily modded to ones liking without affecting the extension much.
    That said, I think for my preferences, I might say the he4xx would be worth spending the extra $20 on instead. This is going off the impressions I've read that the 4xx is the same as the 400i (if I didn't already own the 400i I would've bought the 4xx for sure). I just like the bigger presentation of the 400i more than the 58x (@peter123 - you have both (assuming the 4xx and 400i are the same, SQ wise). what do you think is the better value?)

Light - Man likes this.
  9. peter123
    I'd probably agree with you, the HE400i is more to my liking than the HD58X. That being said they're both great value imo.

Honestly though, neither get much usage from me these days. Too little time to listen to headphones and when I do I always tend to choose the HD800S, HE560 or A800 over all my other cans....

Light - Man and Mr Trev like this.
  10. Podster
    LOL, but at least you get to cruise by that shelf with all them on those nice headphone stands and smile:grin:

peter123 likes this.
  11. peter123
    True that :wink:

12. Mr Trev
    I think I can say I'm pretty much good for cans right now. Everything I currently have seems to cover all my bases. I do still want to get a better set of IEMs though. I was thinking that an IEM equivalent of the 400i would be ideal, but since most folks favour the 560 - and since you have a pair - can you make any recommendations on an IEM that does the best impression of the 560? (and how bout the a800, just for fun too)
    Cheers.

13. Mr Trev
    Happy 2019 guys? Santa good to any of you?

Any of you Labfolk get a chance to check out the Massdrop EDC3? Kind of intrigued, except for the fact it seems to be either a love or hate situation with Nuforce iems

Light - Man likes this.
  14. Light - Man
  15. F208Frank
    I try my absolute best to not hoard multiple items and side grading, I have 1 pair of over ear headphones, 1 pair of IEMs, and 1 pair of speakers. I seem to fall in the minority though!

First

Back
1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335
Next

Last