"The Lab"
Dec 8, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #15,091 of 20,136
Perhaps it is time to get a haircut or maybe a face lift? 
blink.gif

Dec 8, 2015 at 6:49 PM Post #15,094 of 20,136
Brooko

Lowering the volume did change things a bit, parts that I find a little grating are less of an issue at lower volume...but this is what you'd expect I guess? It's quite an interesting point considering the loudness curve, mids certainly seem more present.

The Pearl Jam track is a really good pick actually (I notice some vocal sibilance in the track itself, good for testing), and I do have an issue with it on the Delta....but less so at lower volumes.

Have a listen to the beginning of Airbourne - Raise The Flag on the Delta and see what you think. I would link it but the version on Youtube is utter trash.

Conversely the high hat sounds great on this and is one of the tracks I like to test with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_dOfPljDCI

Dec 8, 2015 at 11:06 PM Post #15,096 of 20,136
Don't you guys just hate waiting for shipping. I was expecting a delivery today scheduled to arrive by 8:00pm. Sure enough, after waiting all day, at 8:01 it now says delivery expected between December the 8th and 21st. Really?! Courier companies are as reliable as weather men, actually....worse.

Dec 9, 2015 at 12:59 AM Post #15,097 of 20,136
Dec 9, 2015 at 4:03 AM Post #15,099 of 20,136
@Brooko

Lowering the volume did change things a bit, parts that I find a little grating are less of an issue at lower volume...but this is what you'd expect I guess? It's quite an interesting point considering the loudness curve, mids certainly seem more present.

The Pearl Jam track is a really good pick actually (I notice some vocal sibilance in the track itself, good for testing), and I do have an issue with it on the Delta....but less so at lower volumes.

Have a listen to the beginning of Airbourne - Raise The Flag on the Delta and see what you think. I would link it but the version on Youtube is utter trash.

Conversely the high hat sounds great on this and is one of the tracks I like to test with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_dOfPljDCI

The NIN track is pretty good - nice track to test bass quality too.  Delta does really well with the high hats on that one.

Agree on the PJ track too - there is definitely some vocal sibilance (it is recorded a little hot) - less apparent at lower volumes.

If you want something completely different (not sure if you like a fusion of jazz and electronica) - try this:

And with some really cool vocals

Dec 9, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #15,101 of 20,136
As you all know, personal preferences can change in this hobby often. With that said I'm trying to decide what my next earphone purchase will be and what better group of experts to ask than the lab.

I'm looking for something with extended and fast bass, good detailed midrange with an ample amount of timbre, and treble that is not spiked, but maybe slightly elevated at one point to give the sound a little bite. Overall I want something with a holographic and airy sound.

I don't care if this is an in-ears, or full size pair of cans. It's more the signature I'm after.

Any suggestions?

Dec 9, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #15,104 of 20,136
As you all know, personal preferences can change in this hobby often. With that said I'm trying to decide what my next earphone purchase will be and what better group of experts to ask than the lab.

I'm looking for something with extended and fast bass, good detailed midrange with an ample amount of timbre, and treble that is not spiked, but maybe slightly elevated at one point to give the sound a little bite. Overall I want something with a holographic and airy sound.

I don't care if this is an in-ears, or full size pair of cans. It's more the signature I'm after.

Any suggestions?

cool.gif
Puro IEM500. Best I've heard in quite a while. Very controlled fast Tight, what some are calling a "Bottomless Bass". Check out the Puro thread.

THEY NEED POWER. It's the key to their great sound.

JMHO

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back