"The Lab"
Dec 9, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #15,106 of 20,136
As you all know, personal preferences can change in this hobby often. With that said I'm trying to decide what my next earphone purchase will be and what better group of experts to ask than the lab.

I'm looking for something with extended and fast bass, good detailed midrange with an ample amount of timbre, and treble that is not spiked, but maybe slightly elevated at one point to give the sound a little bite. Overall I want something with a holographic and airy sound.

I don't care if this is an in-ears, or full size pair of cans. It's more the signature I'm after.

Any suggestions?

Vince, if you really-really are looking for pair that will stop you from looking any further????????????
cool.gif
rolleyes.gif
????????????
rolleyes.gif
cool.gif
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cool.gif
rolleyes.gif

Assuming you are looking for something at a reasonable price, then you need to try the Yamaha HPH-MT220  (I believe there is a replacement model due soon)

biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

p.s. also heard good things about Fostex T50 MK3 Semi-Open Professional Headphones.

There is also the T40 closed backed.

Dec 9, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #15,107 of 20,136
+1

I love the mt220, it's just getting hold of a pair now that will be an issue.

Dec 9, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #15,108 of 20,136
Really dig this stuff through my de-hooked m200's. Fans of this kind of stuff would enjoy Soma Fm's Sonic Universe Internet station.

The NIN track is pretty good - nice track to test bass quality too.  Delta does really well with the high hats on that one.

Agree on the PJ track too - there is definitely some vocal sibilance (it is recorded a little hot) - less apparent at lower volumes.

If you want something completely different (not sure if you like a fusion of jazz and electronica) - try this:

And with some really cool vocals

Dec 9, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #15,109 of 20,136
Vince, if you really-really are looking for pair that will stop you from looking any further????????????:cool: :rolleyes: ????????????:rolleyes: :cool: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool: :rolleyes:

Assuming you are looking for something at a reasonable price, then you need to try the Yamaha HPH-MT220  (I believe there is a replacement model due soon)

:D  :beerchug:  

p.s. also heard good things about Fostex T50 MK3 Semi-Open Professional Headphones.

There is also the T40 closed backed.

I've gotten really interested in the T50 MK3. I believe they'll be my next headphone purchase.

I'm also considering getting a Burson SS V5 op amp for my Matrix M-stage but man it's pricy......

Dec 9, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #15,111 of 20,136
Vince - you just described the new q-Jays

Dec 9, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #15,113 of 20,136
I ended up buying mine - that should indicate how much I like them.

Dec 9, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #15,119 of 20,136
Don't you guys just hate waiting for shipping. I was expecting a delivery today scheduled to arrive by 8:00pm. Sure enough, after waiting all day, at 8:01 it now says delivery expected between December the 8th and 21st. Really?! Courier companies are as reliable as weather men, actually....worse.

I fixed that problem months ago, just started ordering something everyday and then all the sudden I get something every day
eek.gif
LOL

The rest of the family arrived today
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 9, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #15,120 of 20,136
Thanks for the suggestion bud, but I already have it.

You've tried so many.  Update your profile so we can see where LZ-A2 and Puro IEM500 stack up in your mind.  I'm hoping near the top so I won't be tempted to buy more haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back