"The Lab"
Dec 9, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #15,136 of 20,136
Lol, I did three in total so far and am working on two right now, and I feel overwhelmed. The amount of time to test every feature, back and forth comparisons and listening time really occupy my free time, which I rarely have. I don't know how you guys do it!

Dec 9, 2015 at 6:38 PM Post #15,137 of 20,136
Well, just to point out the elephant in the room, I'll be the first to admit that I do more simplified and less thorough reviews than many of you guys. I do the crash course while you all write the final thesis.

There's times I read some of your reviews guys, and they are so thorough and well written that I feel like own the product lol

Dec 9, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #15,139 of 20,136
Right, it amazes me I mean if I had 20 in 6 months the wife would probably have papers served on me:flushed: I have given lots of impressions out here but no official reviews yet! I do however owe both FiiO an EX1 review and Andy over at Cayin an N5 write up. When Andy ask why I was dragging my feet I could only say my family (wife, two teenage boys and her elderly parents), my 60+ hours paying Job and a fear I may fall flat on my face trying to even come close to the great reviews by Alex, Paul, Vince, Eric, Pete, Tamal and yourself:hushed:

Dec 9, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #15,140 of 20,136

Thanks for the suggestion bud, but I already have it.

cool.gif
Figures. Bette you don't have a BETTE.
biggrin.gif
(10mm Metal)

Spend some extra Time with that Puro and give it POWER.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Pretty sure you are the only one that has it Twin  
wink_face.gif

Dec 9, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #15,141 of 20,136
Well, just to point out the elephant in the room, I'll be the first to admit that I do more simplified and less thorough reviews than many of you guys. I do the crash course while you all write the final thesis.

There's times I read some of your reviews guys, and they are so thorough and well written that I feel like own the product lol

Again your short stories make my paltry impressions seem mundane, the only thing I get an "A" in is spending money on way more gear than I could ever use or need:tired_face:

Say, there's an elephant in here:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Dec 9, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #15,142 of 20,136

I wouldn't say a simplified review is a negative thing as sometimes that is all people are looking for. A quick straight forward comparison, opinion, or information in one place is very handy to people who wouldn't know where to look otherwise. That, plus your experience helps people trust what you think about a product. There are more than a few times that I've read your reviews in particular that I've appreciated a more simplified review. :D

At the end of the day though it just seems like sooooooo much effort for this hobby and I am absolutely fascinated with the amount of time people put in to contributing to this community (myself included). More of a human condition study kind of thing.

Fascinating!

Dec 9, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #15,143 of 20,136
Oh man, wait till Nik sees this! Don't be mad at me Nik as I left you out if that prominent reviewers list☺️ Hope you can forgive me:wink:

Dec 9, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #15,144 of 20,136

I'm the same, lol. Been trying to expand my audio related vocabulary to make my reviews more dynamic....not sure how well that's been going, haha. Will get lots of practice in this month so that's a plus!

Dec 9, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #15,145 of 20,136
Oh man, wait till Nik sees this! Don't be mad at ne Nik as I left you out if that prominent reviewers list☺️ Hope you can forgive me:wink:

LOLZ!!!

I prefer a simplified approach to writing reviews. While I can appreciate the super deep dive approach, I don't have the patience to read them much less write them.

One thing I want to do soon us try the Philips Golden Ear challenge. How many Labsters have done that? Anyone else interested?

Dec 9, 2015 at 8:06 PM Post #15,146 of 20,136
  Pretty sure you are the only one that has it Twin  
wink_face.gif

cool.gif
Nah. I've seen it referred to a few times now on the Chinese thread.

Or was it me?

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

Dec 9, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #15,147 of 20,136

One of those simplified and less thorough reviews made it onto the top of the front page once again though. You may be used to this by now but congrats! 

That said I felt that it was really well written and concise. That hybrid introduction was a great idea as well. Recommended it to a beginner friend of mine.

Dec 9, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #15,148 of 20,136

cool.gif
I can simplify it more than That. Either I like it or I don't.

It's a great system.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

Dec 9, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #15,149 of 20,136
LOLZ!!!

I prefer a simplified approach to writing reviews. While I can appreciate the super deep dive approach, I don't have the patience to read them much less write them.

One thing I want to do soon us try the Philips Golden Ear challenge. How many Labsters have done that? Anyone else interested?

cool.gif
Do they have Silver Ears for us older Guys?

blink.gif
tongue.gif
TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back