"The Lab"
Dec 9, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #15,121 of 20,136
Throw us some FX850 @howdy! Those are one I've always been curious about, but scared off for the same reasons Vince is. Would be interesting to try them!

Agree with Vince, somebody kick Vince some DN2KJ. And then kick them to me 
wink_face.gif

I take really good care of gear! Honest!!!

Dec 9, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #15,122 of 20,136
You've tried so many.  Update your profile so we can see where LZ-A2 and Puro IEM500 stack up in your mind.  I'm hoping near the top so I won't be tempted to buy more haha.
there's literally like 40 iems that need to get added to the list.

I'm thinking once the review queue is lower I'm going to be more exclusive with what samples I get. That way I can keep up more with threads and just enjoy all this gear.

Dec 9, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #15,124 of 20,136
Think about it, I wrote my first review in May. I'm closing in on 50 reviews before the year is over...

Too much honestly

But tell you the truth, it's a labor of love for this hobby. I hope to do more beta testing type of stuff or help with product development. That's very interesting stuff.

Dec 9, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #15,127 of 20,136
Awww, meng... Dude put the wrong zip code on Q-jays. Hopefully the post office gets it figured out quickly!

Hope that gets sorted out. I am interested on your take on it. They seem to be getting quite the praise. Good thing their price isn't in the impulse buy territory for me :p

Also I finally got my first desktop amp! Can't wait for it :) Should be here soon!

Dec 9, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #15,128 of 20,136
Think about it, I wrote my first review in May. I'm closing in on 50 reviews before the year is over...

Too much honestly

But tell you the truth, it's a labor of love for this hobby. I hope to do more beta testing type of stuff or help with product development. That's very interesting stuff.

How the heck do you get through close to 50 reviews in 7 months?

Dec 9, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #15,129 of 20,136
Hope that gets sorted out. I am interested on your take on it. They seem to be getting quite the praise. Good thing their price isn't in the impulse buy territory for me :p

Also I finally got my first desktop amp! Can't wait for it :) Should be here soon!

Yeah, we all got the Postal Service Blues :frowning2:

Sexy piece of kit, by the way!

Dec 9, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #15,131 of 20,136
It's too much, I know.

I'm honored to be considered for so many review opportunities it's hard to say no. Plus, I've gotten really good at pumping out reviews. I almost have a mental checklist that I cover when writing them.

I'm gearing towards being more exclusive and setting my standards higher. Both in products I cover and the quality of my work.

Dec 9, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #15,132 of 20,136

How the heck do you get through close to 50 reviews in 7 months?

To be honest, it has pretty much consumed all of my free time for the last few months.

Lots of coffee, energy drinks, and staying up until the wee hours of the morning.

I know, you do that in batches, crazy!  I got really burned out early this year, and now slowed down to 1 review a week, which also improved the quality of my work.  DAP reviews are very time consuming because it's not just a single product analysis, but also a comparison to other DAPs, and pair up test with different headphones, and different external amps, battery drain test, and so on.

Dec 9, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #15,134 of 20,136
Thanks for the suggestion bud, but I already have it.

cool.gif
Figures. Bette you don't have a BETTE.
biggrin.gif
(10mm Metal)

Spend some extra Time with that Puro and give it POWER.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Dec 9, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #15,135 of 20,136
Yep - Alex and I have talked a few times about the changing ways the new waves of reviewers are outputting their reviews.  Justin has output 40+ since May.  I think Alex is around 39. Even Nick is hitting 36.  My count is around 27 including the Headfonia ones.

I just can't keep up with you young'uns any more.  So I'm pretty sure I'm going to pull back.  If I could do 20-25 a year, I'd be much happier, and the output quality of my work would be better too I think. 

Quote:
  I know, you do that in batches, crazy!  I got really burned out early this year, and now slowed down to 1 review a week, which also improved the quality of my work.  DAP reviews are very time consuming because it's not just a single product analysis, but also a comparison to other DAPs, and pair up test with different headphones, and different external amps, battery drain test, and so on.

It's too much, I know.

I'm honored to be considered for so many review opportunities it's hard to say no. Plus, I've gotten really good at pumping out reviews. I almost have a mental checklist that I cover when writing them.

I'm gearing towards being more exclusive and setting my standards higher. Both in products I cover and the quality of my work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back