"The Lab"
May 31, 2015 at 10:14 PM Post #7,622 of 20,136
Bought a new toy today at a great price I have a friend that works at the Guitar Center, I never heard of these before and they sound really good. They target consumer is audiophiles.

May 31, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #7,623 of 20,136
This is now the all purpose thread
tongue.gif

Yeah, it seemed that way to me too so I figured what the heck. Sorry if it was bad form asking here. I've been hanging around the lab a bit and felt I'd get an opinion from some reasonable people here.

May 31, 2015 at 11:23 PM Post #7,627 of 20,136
  I'd like to get an opinion from you guys if I could. I have the DX50 and listen to FLAC files almost exclusively; maybe 5% of my files are 320k mp3. Music I listen to is ..... let's say eclectic ; anything from Sarah McLachlan to The Misfits and everything in between. Most of my listening is through TF10s with a Null Audio - Brevity cable ; with this setup I want for nothing soundwise. I'm looking to get , actually I've ordered, the V Moda m80. Was looking for an over ear with a similar sound but not quite as much isolation. Figured for the $79 they are going for on Amazon it was hard to go wrong ; or did I? 

Welcome to the lab.  I haven't heard the M80, and chances are that quite a few others here haven't either (otherwise one of us would have replied).  Also - we don't really know what your preferences are - so it's pretty hard to give you advice.

Feel free to hang out here - great bunch of guys.  But for a better answer to your question, you could perhaps try the M80 thread

One other thing - I often see posts like yours and have to chuckle to myself.  You don't need us to comment.  You've already bought them. Any advice we give is useless at this point anyway.  How about instead - you really look forward to listening to a new headphone, and then come back in a while and let us know how you like them.  That would be far more constructive, and we'd look forward to hearing what you think of them 
smile.gif

May 31, 2015 at 11:24 PM Post #7,628 of 20,136
I had to buy a RCA to 3.5mm cable, the Guitar Center actually has some nice cables I purchased a 3ft cable made with Mogami wire with Amphenol connectors for $20. I love Amphenol connectors I bought a crap load at one point and reterminated a lot of my interconnects.

May 31, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #7,629 of 20,136

I was just reinforcing you point, you missed the joke :p

It just kind of worked out that way. I still love Chinese Asian thread but it got bogged down by a couple A-holes for a while (who are now banned). I think this thread just became home/hangout spot for a lot of good people.

This thread has much better banter anyway!

May 31, 2015 at 11:36 PM Post #7,631 of 20,136
Glad you're enjoying it Adam.  I think the coolest thing about it was having it clipped to a belt, iPhone in pocket, and having brilliant control of volume etc from the A200p when out and about.

May 31, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #7,633 of 20,136
I'd like to get an opinion from you guys if I could. I have the DX50 and listen to FLAC files almost exclusively; maybe 5% of my files are 320k mp3. Music I listen to is ..... let's say eclectic ; anything from Sarah McLachlan to The Misfits and everything in between. Most of my listening is through TF10s with a Null Audio - Brevity cable ; with this setup I want for nothing soundwise. I'm looking to get , actually I've ordered, the V Moda m80. Was looking for an over ear with a similar sound but not quite as much isolation. Figured for the $79 they are going for on Amazon it was hard to go wrong ; or did I? 
The most important thing is how you like them. When they come in give them a listen and see how they sound.

Be sure to let us know how they work out friend. Welcome to the lab!

Jun 1, 2015 at 1:01 AM Post #7,635 of 20,136
Curve review finally posted (I actually finished it a couple of weeks ago - just needed editing and final formatting)
http://www.head-fi.org/products/alclair-curve/reviews/13270

Users who are viewing this thread

Back