- Piston 2.1 or 3.0
- SoundMagic E10 or E30
- Audeo Phonak PFE 012 without filter sets
- Ostry KC06a
- Titan 1 
- Mystery new IEM as hinted by Brooko

List is looking good so far :)

Yes it is :wink:

Tenore and T1-E are both boss under $40 or even $60! No TTS for me... ever. Plus James' mod is an option unless you're waynes world :p (only joking my friend) :wink:

If Titan and PFE012 are on there, Duoza is a candidate(if she doesn't mind the look/size lol).

But both Titan(haven't heard just so you guys know) and Duoza could make T1-E & Tenore obsolete in terms of technicality unless she prefers a warmer/smoother sound. Then I still stand by them for sure! Great buys imo!
Would say A71, but fit and possible DIY could be a problem; probably not worth the hassle(+ Duoza is better from brief memory of A71).

My two cents! :D

Apr 3, 2015 at 12:50 AM Post #2,432 of 20,136
Yes it is :wink:

Tenore and T1-E at both boss under $40 or even $60! No TTS for me... ever. Plus James' mod is an option unless you're waynes world :p (only joking my friend) :wink:

Ha! You don't joke... I am cursed!

Apr 3, 2015 at 1:06 AM Post #2,433 of 20,136
Ha! You don't joke... I am cursed!

Haha! Ok, ok... Buuut seriously, Tenore is great buy under $40.

No problems here. T1-E is also very durable externally and quality sound for the dollar, but more prone to internal problems imo. Not terribly far off from the Duoza in quality(but noticeable) to my ears once I go back to it and adjust. Notable areas of win for the Duoza are treble/treble presence & treble detail, timbre, microdetails, and mid crispness. I actually think the bass is tighter and of a bit higher quality on the T1-E. But the Duoza has more bass presence.

Hope this is helpful to someone, and not trying to just spout off words! :wink:

Apr 3, 2015 at 1:13 AM Post #2,434 of 20,136
Wish I'd had experience with Tenore, Duoza, and T1E so I could tell you guys how they sound against the Hyperion.  In terms of overall sonics, I'd still put the Titan ahead of Hyperion - but Hyperion is not "that far" behind, and its 25-30% of the cost 
eek.gif

Apr 3, 2015 at 1:26 AM Post #2,435 of 20,136
Wish I'd had experience with Tenore, Duoza, and T1E so I could tell you guys how they sound against the Hyperion.  In terms of overall sonics, I'd still put the Titan ahead of Hyperion - but Hyperion is not "that far" behind, and its 25-30% of the cost :eek: .
I'm finishing up my Titan review right now, and I didn't realize just how good it was until I did comparisons to some of my best stuff.

The resolution of the Titan is phenomenal!

Apr 3, 2015 at 2:45 AM Post #2,438 of 20,136
Brooko

T1E and Carbo Tenore are two that you have to try some day. I have extra pairs of each, too bad you don't live in the USA, I would send them for a demo

I concur, good stuff!

The Labster Tribal Council in full force helping fellow Labster...what a show of brotherhood and even Hisoundfi's wife will approve the Phonak..woot woot

That GIF is mesmerizing... Lol :D

Also, no problem man! Glad to help. GLWD! RedJohn456

Apr 3, 2015 at 2:50 AM Post #2,440 of 20,136
@Brooko

T1E and Carbo Tenore are two that you have to try some day. I have extra pairs of each, too bad you don't live in the USA, I would send them for a demo

Yep - location is sometimes a be-atch.  Still - sparse population, great climate, clean air, green country - could be worse 
wink.gif

Apr 3, 2015 at 3:20 AM Post #2,442 of 20,136
I'm finishing up my Titan review right now, and I didn't realize just how good it was until I did comparisons to some of my best stuff.

The resolution of the Titan is phenomenal!

I'll be doing my review of them very soon also. I've been putting it off because I've got some car troubles and been spending a lot of time on fixing it and pondering solutions.

Apr 3, 2015 at 7:15 AM Post #2,444 of 20,136

As I was reading and scrolling down your post, I was hoping to see FL Studio, not Ableton Live :)  I don't produce music anymore, makes no sense thanks to Pandora and Spotify giving away music for "free" and everybody streaming instead of buying from iTunes/Amazon :)  But before my headphone "review hobby", I used to produce like mad, everything in FL Studio using only VST instruments and effects (with Massive, Nexus, Sylenth1, and Spire being my favorite synths).

Do you produce for fun or professionally?

Just for fun. Personally i much prefer ableton because i hate having loads of windows open at once cause i always find myself managing them. I do have quite a few vst's but they are all free ones, i dont tend to use them as much as i should do though. I really like having physical buttons and dials to turn as opposed to using the mouse to turn them, it allows me to work much quicker and in my opinion get more interesting sounds due to mistakes that can turn into new ideas.
The DAW that i have most experience with is Pro Tools since that is what my sixth form uses. Personally i am not the biggest fan of it though, there is no vst support since they use their own rtas format (or acx in the new versions) and the school has only the default synths, vacuum is ok but i really dislike Xpand2, its basically a list of pre sets that you can make limited changes to (attack, decay etc). But i usually find i can get better results out of Ableton in far less time.
Excluding school i actually started out using sunvox as my DAW. I really suggest giving it a try since its free and has a pretty cool workflow. It has basically no plugin support meaning you have to use the built in synths but you can get some really cool (usually retro) sounds out of it.

But im currently no where near good enough to do it professionally, give it a year or two though and perhaps i might be able to make a very small amount from it through contract work. But i dont plan for it to ever be more than a hobby.

Apr 3, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #2,445 of 20,136
And Trinity Kickstarter is live !

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/157887895/trinity-audio-engineering-audiophile-grade-in-ear

I'm already backing the Hyperians.  Will probably snag another set of Deltas too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back