"The Lab"
Oct 4, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #13,021 of 20,136
Have been using these tips with B3P1 for over 2 months and prefer them even over the JVC Spiral dots with the Havi.

I have mentioned it sometime ago and this is the freshest post: http://www.head-fi.org/t/741221/havi-b3-pro-1-thread-2-0/1365#post_11963350

Glad to know that you discover them too. Seals better than spiral dots as well (YMMW). Thats one of the biggest reason for bass.

And dirt cheap too...
wink.gif

Haven't been keeping up with the Havi thread as much as I'd like (can only manage so many at a time), but concur with your analysis. My mileage does not vary this time.

Oct 4, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #13,022 of 20,136

I didn't even know that TEAC even existed until today. Actually didn't even know TEAC still existed period its been so long since I heard the name. It does look huge, but price wise isn't it round the same range as those Pioneer/Onkyo devices.

Quote:

Touchscreens really aren't for me, tbh (there was some guy stirring s--t up on the x5-2 thread because people weren't demanding touchscreens). They just don't seem all that important for a portable audio device. Granted alot of the companies still need to do a whole lot of work on their UI and control layout (I still can't figure out why the Cayin n5 has the forward/back buttons vertically arranged). I'm also pretty sure that there are some horrible touchscreen based interfaces too. I don't agree with the development route that smartphones are taking either. Really, does anybody need a phone the size of a freakin license plate.

Of course, this is just my 5¢

Ah okay, completely missed the reference Trevor. I agree, phones are getting too massive. I have trouble managing my Blackberry Z30 and that has a 5 inch screen albeit its got big bezels. But yeah phones are getting too damn big.

And also, its true, aside from the high end android DAPS, most of the midrange touch screen are lagfests. Even the AK Junior lags quite a bit (not 100% sure if it has a touch screen). Touchscreen less DAPs are an important segment of the market and even that needs some work amongst the current offerings imo. Variety is the price of life :wink:

Not sure if others have tried this, but...

Havi + KZ ear tips + amp with power = some bloody good bass! First time I've heard the B3P1 sound this good.

Guess it being Massive Attack on play might help.

Thanks, just ordered two sets from KZ now, want to see if it works with my havi. The Spiral dot dont seal all the well. Hows the E5?

Oct 4, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #13,023 of 20,136
I still gotta get a pair of those Havis

I had them on order at one time, but canceled at the last minute thinking I'd be better off buying a pair of cans. And to top it off someone was regaling us with grand tales of the impending release of the new B6.
wink.gif

Not exactly a bad decision, but I still regret it a tiny bit.

Oct 4, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #13,024 of 20,136
Guys, any dude who calls themselves a headphone "head" should not be without the Yamaha HPH-MT220!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The very last time I will ever-ever-ever say it to the Lab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 4, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #13,025 of 20,136
  I still gotta get a pair of those Havis

I had them on order at one time, but canceled at the last minute thinking I'd be better off buying a pair of cans. And to top it off someone was regaling us with grand tales of the impending release of the new B6.
wink.gif

Not exactly a bad decision, but I still regret it a tiny bit.

PMed you

Oct 4, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #13,026 of 20,136
  PMed you

Those Havi's going to make the rounds :)  They'll be well traveled > Hong Kong > NZ > Toronto 
wink.gif

Nice to see them still being used.

Oct 4, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #13,027 of 20,136
Not sure if others have tried this, but...

Havi + KZ ear tips + amp with power = some bloody good bass! First time I've heard the B3P1 sound this good.

Guess it being Massive Attack on play might help.

I found the Havi/KZ tip combo back in June (post #8255).  I feel that they are still the best tips for the Havi B3 Pro 1.

What about tips for the Bette/i.Valux 10mm hybrid?  Burning a pair of the iValux version now.  What tips are people using?

r2

Oct 4, 2015 at 10:38 PM Post #13,028 of 20,136

Those Havi's going to make the rounds :)  They'll be well traveled > Hong Kong > NZ > Toronto 
wink.gif

Nice to see them still being used.

Thanks Paul :)  Although I use the Closed and Open backs more than iems these days, the Havi is the one iem that gets listening time everyday! Since he hasn't had a taste of it, I am sure he would greatly enjoy it as well! due to some good fortune very recently, I was able to set up a backup pair for myself just in case.

But more importantly I want to be able to give back to this great community, so I want to share the havi love with my Lab brethren :)  On a related note, I was hoping for a successor this year but it seems the B6, if it is released at all, won't be out for some time unfortunately.

On a completely unrelated note, are you planning to join the X7 tour? Haven't been excited about a DAP like this before to be honest, really looking forward to getting my own as well. 

Oct 4, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #13,029 of 20,136
Thanks for telling us your experience with them. Being torn between those and Ei.3 is encouraging. Do you know what filter + plugs did you hear them with?

Teo at LMUE wants to get these more exposure in the western market, and the more I hear about them the more excited I am to try them.

I'm hoping to get them in sometime soon, so I have a few premium tune-able IEM in house - FLC 8S, RHA T20, and/or Torque t096z.

Haha I didn't get to AB them, just that feel that both of them give me the sort of sound I like. Just been going over to LMUE to listen. @TEOSJ has been a really swell guy for allowing that. 
beerchug.gif

Hm the FLC8 has 3 plugs each for bass and sub bass: heavy, medium and (relatively) lighter, and 4 filters for the nozzle to tune treble and mids (Low HF and normal mids, high HF and high mids, high mids and normal HF, normal HF and normal mids).

I used the default balanced config of medium bass and sub bass and normal HF and mids for comparison, but at @earfonia's recommendation, the config with medium basses and boosted mids sounds great too, esp for vocals.

Another config my friend recommended is to use low bass, low sub bass, low HF and normal mids to bring about a slightly mid-biased neutral sound. 

The general sound is quite smooth and clean, with nice soundstage (as previously mentioned) and pretty good imaging, at least to my ears.

Fit is extremely comfortable, they really disappear in the ears, but i feel that the FLC8s cable is a little microphonic. the first gen FLC8's cable wasn't at all, really liked it. Hopefully FLC gives us a choice or at least sells it separately. The build quality is nice too, and it seems that the shells may be made of some thin metal? Couldn't really tell but there was a tiny chip in the paint of the sample that revealed a bright silver shine underneath.

Oct 4, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #13,030 of 20,136

Thanks Paul :)  Although I use the Closed and Open backs more than iems these days, the Havi is the one iem that gets listening time everyday! Since he hasn't had a taste of it, I am sure he would greatly enjoy it as well! due to some good fortune very recently, I was able to set up a backup pair for myself just in case.

But more importantly I want to be able to give back to this great community, so I want to share the havi love with my Lab brethren :)  On a related note, I was hoping for a successor this year but it seems the B6, if it is released at all, won't be out for some time unfortunately.

On a completely unrelated note, are you planning to join the X7 tour? Haven't been excited about a DAP like this before to be honest, really looking forward to getting my own as well. 

Hoping to, and I guess I'd be a bit peeved if I didn't get the chance (given the reviews I've done for X1, X3ii, X5 and X5ii are all listed by members here as "the most helpful") - but ultimately comes down to Fiio's decision.

I'd love to get a preview unit (like I did with the X3ii) as that then gives additional time to put it through it's paces and write a really good review - but guessing (as I haven't heard from anyone) that mine will just be a "tour" review if picked. 

I'm very interested to see what it will do anyway.

Oct 4, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #13,031 of 20,136

Hoping to, and I guess I'd be a bit peeved if I didn't get the chance (given the reviews I've done for X1, X3ii, X5 and X5ii are all listed by members here as "the most helpful") - but ultimately comes down to Fiio's decision.

I'd love to get a preview unit (like I did with the X3ii) as that then gives additional time to put it through it's paces and write a really good review - but guessing (as I haven't heard from anyone) that mine will just be a "tour" review if picked. 

I'm very interested to see what it will do anyway.

Hmm, well in the interest of having detailed reviews ready before release, not a bad idea to get you an early unit. Especially in light of the fact that you usually conduct NZ/AUS tours yourself anyway. Would save them a lot of work imo. Win/win no?

I don't know if you ever considered this before, but have you thought of doing companion video reviews in addition to your review ones? Would be nice to see some of the devices in action as well. 

Oct 4, 2015 at 11:11 PM Post #13,032 of 20,136
We'll see - I'm just one in a long list of reviewers that will be lined up I'd imagine 
wink.gif

Thought about video - but not sure how good I'd be - need to catch up on current queue and then have a bit of a play at some stage I guess.  Might have to lose a bit of Winter flab first 
smile.gif

Oct 4, 2015 at 11:41 PM Post #13,033 of 20,136
  We'll see - I'm just one in a long list of reviewers that will be lined up I'd imagine 
wink.gif

Thought about video - but not sure how good I'd be - need to catch up on current queue and then have a bit of a play at some stage I guess.  Might have to lose a bit of Winter flab first 
smile.gif

Yeah there is quite a bit of interested in the X7, would imagine that to be the case :wink:

And I guess with video, it would require editing of clips, setting up etc, completely different set of challenges, fair enough :)

Oct 5, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #13,034 of 20,136
I found the Havi/KZ tip combo back in June (post #8255).  I feel that they are still the best tips for the Havi B3 Pro 1.

What about tips for the Bette/i.Valux 10mm hybrid?  Burning a pair of the iValux version now.  What tips are people using?

r2

Yup, my poor memory, sorry bro that I didnt remember that :frowning2:

So as of now, Hakus, Peter, you and me, in total 4 people found the KZ whirlwind type eartip to be the best eartip for B3P1 (any others?). I beleieve DJScope is going to get it as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back